The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This all seems to me like the Epic Universe expansion was going to be 2nd or 3rd priority for Nintendo attractions but has now skyrocketed to first.
Universal must be really confident in USF not getting undercut by the new park... but I would not be confident in that.
Maybe Universal is fast tracking the Nintendo expansion for EU because they feel like Epic's opening might not be 100% smooth sailing from a technical stand point. like IOA was when it opened and park goers could go elsewhere while they work out the kinks.

I wonder If this now means Simpsons will be closing earlier in USH. Universal probably wants another big ticket attraction for the park after F&F for LA 2028 and the Simpsons plot there seems like a logical place for one.

Despite being in incredibly rough shape as of the past few years, I think the Simpsons Ride is a fairly solid simulator when it's running at it's best and a very entertaining ride video at the very least.
I do not think that's nearly enough for the entire rest of this decade.
I don't think that will be all USF gets. USF has been getting smaller, but consistent additions for a long time that imo have made a positive impact on the quality of the park as a whole. I believe there will be some more of those additions and renovations over the coming years. I would love more, and the park needs more, but even in the event of no huge additions until 2030, I don't think USF will be completely left to rot. Mels, Mummy, ET, Kidzone, all of the Tribute Stores and HHN houses, there is a lot of smaller work happening over at Studios to keep it enjoyable.

I think a lot of this comes down to how you perceive the park in its current state. I dig a lot of the attractions at the park and I think Diagon Alley is the best themed area in the world.

But it’s only above Disney’s Hollywood Studios on my “Orlando parks I like to spend time at” list. Obviously that’s heavily affected by my personal preference — I am not a big fan of Studios parks. For me, I’m less concerned about new attractions being built than I am with general vibe improvements (though, why not both! I’m greedy!)

I think a lot of this comes down to how you perceive the park in its current state. I dig a lot of the attractions at the park and I think Diagon Alley is the best themed area in the world.

But it’s only above Disney’s Hollywood Studios on my “Orlando parks I like to spend time at” list. Obviously that’s heavily affected by my personal preference — I am not a big fan of Studios parks. For me, I’m less concerned about new attractions being built than I am with general vibe improvements (though, why not both! I’m greedy!)
I agree actually! This was discussed in the State of USF thread, but the Studio is genuinely a fantastic park to just hang out and vibe in.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think the existing resort should have had priority for the first major new attraction(s) after Epic opens.

Universal must be really confident in USF not getting undercut by the new park... but I would not be confident in that.
I dunno about that. Headlines of “New park has not a lot to do.” “Epic Universe insane wait times” etc. are worse for a grand opening year than the same headlines for Studios. Plus, we kinda need Epic to be a success, for future development to be more likely at the other parks. It’s all in good time.

You can absolutely argue that the offerings they have added to USF are not enough to sustain the weight of a potential visitor crush. I’m not as bullish on next year’s numbers as of yet. There are plenty of folks on here that study those more than me though.

Yeah, USF's attraction lineup is decent... but it's not the most visually appealing park to walk around. Outside of Diagon/NY/Hollywood, the park is quite barren and dry.

I think the park would really benefit from an overhaul similar to DCA where we get visual improvements to the park entrances and underutilized areas.

You can absolutely argue that the offerings they have added to USF are not enough to sustain the weight of a potential visitor crush. I’m not as bullish on next year’s numbers as of yet. There are plenty of folks on here that study those more than me though.
Overall USF capacity is decent, problem is that most attractions are not repeatable due to motion sickness or quality.

I spend considerably more time in the Studios park than IOA. IOA definitely has better attractions, and is beautiful, but Studios just seems like there's more to hang around and do. Plus, most rides are indoors air conditioning, which is an important matter when it comes to Florida's often uncomfortable and wet weather.

Don't forget Universal was, is and will be the event park. Mardi Grass, Halloween and the Holidays are all very good and get a ton of visitors. With the new parade and fountain show I feel this will be year long a party park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
While USF can coast on seasonal events, I really don't think it should.
Well said - USF can "settle" as an ok park with the seasonal events boosting its attendance/revenue throughout the year without much improvement... aka the Epcot problem. I just hope Comcast executives can read between the lines and see that in the long term, it's not the right choice (which looks like they know).

Well said - USF can "settle" as an ok park with the seasonal events boosting its attendance/revenue throughout the year without much improvement... aka the Epcot problem. I just hope Comcast executives can read between the lines and see that in the long term, it's not the right choice (which looks like they know).
I mean Epcot has worked pretty hard to try and change that even while still being an event park. It is a park that has gotten then most love recently. So while I agree the events aspect won't change they do still need to improve it.

I also think their Christmas Holiday offerings are really weak for an event park and they need to add more there.

I also think their Christmas Holiday offerings are really weak for an event park and they need to add more there.
Agree. I love the parade... but that's pretty much it. The food booths (IMO) are kind of lackluster and overpriced for the portion size. Decor is quite minimal and mostly placed in only 3 sections of the park. The park-round generic Holiday songs/music gets stale quick and ruins the park's atmosphere IMO.

No reason why we can't get more decor and entertainment in the park. Maybe Imagination Celebration gets an overlay?

Reactions: IzzyB
I love how they change the shows in Diagon and for the Blues Brothers and in the past theu had the orcestra (is that gone). And the event store is a addition every year with a growing role for Earl. But more is always better.

Reactions: SeventyOne
My fingers are crossed that if Epic's opening is smooth sailing from a technical standpoint, they will find someway to move Pokemon up to at least 2028. Heck, I don't know why they ca't do that now. Once Epic opens, break ground on the Luigi's Mansion mini land for a 2027 opening followed up with Pokemon in 2028.

I love how they change the shows in Diagon and for the Blues Brothers and in the past theu had the orcestra (is that gone). And the event store is a addition every year with a growing role for Earl. But more is always better.
I think you mean best-selling Christmas artist Manheim Steamroller? If so yes, they came back in 2023 after a COVID break ... with the exact same show they've done for two decades (down to the jokes). Down to 4 nights from probably 8 or 10 at its peak.

If not, genuinely curious what you mean.

Agreed on the other two shows, but again, Blues Brothers hasn't been updated in like 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT