The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I may get some flak for this but I dont think Pokémon at USF is a winning combination. Pokémon is just about one of the largest franchises left that has been untapped in the world of theme parks, that there's so much money to be made if you do it right and they should put their A-game into this.

I agree USF needs a big ticket draw because it will look a bit lacking compared to EU and IOA. But the layout of that park is just too weird to fit another large cohesive land for an IP as massive as Pokémon and do it justice. Pokémon going into the narrow strip of land that is currently Springfield has always felt too small time when it should get a highly themed area as immersive and mindblowing to see in person as Super Nintendo World and the Wizarding World.

I do think they could've done this right had Pokémon taken over Kidzone and been an enclosed land, but that ship has sailed with it becoming DreamWorks.
Would it be possible to retool the space though? Can you demolish the existing ride building and use the space for the land + entrance to an e-ticket in a different ride building location (like the OG sprung location)?

Would it be possible to retool the space though? Can you demolish the existing ride building and use the space for the land + entrance to an e-ticket in a different ride building location (like the OG sprung location)?
If the space it retooled it sounds like based on current rumors the E ticket will use the current plot of the Simpsons Ride building and expand into the outgoing sprung tent area. There doesn't appear to be any plans (so far at least) indicating that they will go further behind the sprung tent area for Pokemon.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The current space in which the Simpsons Ride takes up is very small for a proper dark ride. They have lots of land available for them to play with depending on how much they want to invest. Fast Food Boulevard's size is currently too small to accommodate current crowds, let alone Pokemon-sized ones.

I'd say the current FFB area and Duff Brewery get completely demolished and turned into a proper city environment, while a new quick service location uses the current Simpsons ride area. The ride façade over at the end of the land (like the Simpsons exit/basketball game)

The current space in which the Simpsons Ride takes up is very small for a proper dark ride. They have lots of land available for them to play with depending on how much they want to invest. Fast Food Boulevard's size is currently too small to accommodate current crowds, let alone Pokemon-sized ones.

I'd say the current FFB area and Duff Brewery get completely demolished and turned into a proper city environment, while a new quick service location uses the current Simpsons ride area. The ride façade over at the end of the land (like the Simpsons exit/basketball game)
If they want better capacity for dining in the Pokemon land, they can go the route of FFB in USH. Have the eateries in the same spot as they are now, but demo them and rebuild it as a two story building.

If they want better capacity for dining in the Pokemon land, they can go the route of FFB in USH. Have the eateries in the same spot as they are now, but demo them and rebuild it as a two story building.
That too, but I'd imagine Universal wants as much retail space as possible (like Diagon) which Springfield doesn't really have at the moment.

I do hope that any project here at least keeps the Kang & Kodos ride system, it adds a lot of kinetic energy to this side of the park where all of the attractions are indoors.

That too, but I'd imagine Universal wants as much retail space as possible (like Diagon) which Springfield doesn't really have at the moment.

I do hope that any project here at least keeps the Kang & Kodos ride system, it adds a lot of kinetic energy to this side of the park where all of the attractions are indoors.
The Pokemon E ticket ride and if something else takes over AA whether that be a show or smaller D ticket, could have their own sizable gift shops.