The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
1. I always imagined it would be later than that.

2. Damn lol
Pokemon seems to be currently slated for 2030 but depending on the EU situation perhaps it can be fast tracked for 2028. In either situation closing in 2025 is way too early. Universal is much faster at building than Disney and can build whole lands in just two years.

ThemeParkParker says he's a troll that might be sometimes right with what he posts. He even has a pinned tweet/thread for the times he is indeed right. It's not that big unsurprisingly:

Springfield (and/or Supercharged, and/or Fallon, and/or Fear Factor, etc.) can't be replaced soon enough.

USF needs a lot more than just a HRRR replacement before 2030.
Someone speculated over on WDWMagic the reason why it appears any meaning USF additions like Pokemon aren't happening sooner is due to Comcast's current cash flow situation. IIRC the specific things this poster mentioned were EU already being expensive and going way over budget due to COVID and Peacock losing tons of money as well.

Pokemon seems to be currently slated for 2030 but depending on the EU situation perhaps it can be fast tracked for 2028. In either situation closing in 2025 is way too early. Universal is much faster at building than Disney and can build whole lands in just two years.
No one seems to think the Simpsons contract is as unilateral as the Marvel one. If the original deal is up, and the rights holder has different plans, doesn't matter if a replacement ready to go or not.

Springfield (and/or Supercharged, and/or Fallon, and/or Fear Factor, etc.) can't be replaced soon enough.

USF needs a lot more than just an HRRR replacement before 2030.
I actually think Springfield the land has a great vibe, just the ride has gotten really bad. In a perfect world we get a Simpsons classic dark ride with tons of gags to replace it.

Unfortunately I don’t think it will ever happen for quite a few reasons, so maybe Springfield is better getting demo’d sooner rather than later.

Reactions: belloq87
That's been the date thrown around in enthusiast circles for years and years now. Do we know if there is any basis for it outside of illusory truth effect?
I have heard they want its replacement open by 2030, so you could work backward from there instead.

Either way, I don’t see Simpsons closing just yet, as there’s another project to do first and they likely cannot afford to lose that much capacity at once. But that’s my take on it.

I have heard they want its replacement open by 2030, so you could work backward from there instead.

Either way, I don’t see Simpsons closing just yet, as there’s another project to do first and they likely cannot afford to lose that much capacity at once. But that’s my take on it.
Another project as in Rockit or???

I actually think Springfield the land has a great vibe, just the ride has gotten really bad. In a perfect world we get a Simpsons classic dark ride with tons of gags to replace it.

Unfortunately I don’t think it will ever happen for quite a few reasons, so maybe Springfield is better getting demo’d sooner rather than later.
I don't dislike Springfield as a land at all.

But the park needs some aggressive work, and if they're not in a hurry to get rid of other underused/problematic areas, this is the one with the most space with which to do something significant.

So basically the HRRR replacement is it for the rest of the decade (as far as you've heard)?