Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

Does there need to be hard evidence to speculate on what could come next? Even if it's not going anywhere anytime soon, it's safe to assume that it won't be there forever - and there is decent reason (the contract) to believe that it could close in the next few years.
I was thinking about this land the other day, I know other folk have mentioned that it would make sense that universal use one of their existing IP's to replace it and that makes a lot of sense so here is my idea....

Now hear me out some people are really going to hate this!

...Why not turn the street into a fictional Fast and Furious town. Have a load of FF cars scattered around the place (It has a road already), turn duffy brewery into Torettos market a cafe, (tuna sandwich without crust anyone). Turn the bullevard into different food options from the various different locations used in the films (BBQ's, brazilian, Japan, UK im sure there are more). Replace the simpsons ride with the racers edge with a different ride which, whilst might be old tech would still surely be better than the F&F supercharged and do a kind of light theming. Some genuinely great photo ops to be had if you get the right cars in.

Doing all this would mean they can replace supercharge with something better (shouldnt be hard, i thinking a nightbus ride). Going full hog I would also add a stunt show in the exsting animal actors slot (if size permits) and move animal actors to fear factor live...

Hey presto, who do i speak to an universal about this :)

I was thinking about this land the other day, I know other folk have mentioned that it would make sense that universal use one of their existing IP's to replace it and that makes a lot of sense so here is my idea....

Now hear me out some people are really going to hate this!

...Why not turn the street into a fictional Fast and Furious town. Have a load of FF cars scattered around the place (It has a road already), turn duffy brewery into Torettos market a cafe, (tuna sandwich without crust anyone). Turn the bullevard into different food options from the various different locations used in the films (BBQ's, brazilian, Japan, UK im sure there are more). Replace the simpsons ride with the racers edge with a different ride which, whilst might be old tech would still surely be better than the F&F supercharged and do a kind of light theming. Some genuinely great photo ops to be had if you get the right cars in.

Doing all this would mean they can replace supercharge with something better (shouldnt be hard, i thinking a nightbus ride). Going full hog I would also add a stunt show in the exsting animal actors slot (if size permits) and move animal actors to fear factor live...

Hey presto, who do i speak to an universal about this :)
1.) Universal says no outside solicitations. :yum
2.) I reckon any F&F stuff would probably stay concentrated within the San Fran real estate. Personally, I think the ideal Simpsons replacement would be Star Trek, as the Starfleet Academy’s also in San Fran, so to see it across the water would make sense.

1.) Universal says no outside solicitations. :yum
2.) I reckon any F&F stuff would probably stay concentrated within the San Fran real estate. Personally, I think the ideal Simpsons replacement would be Star Trek, as the Starfleet Academy’s also in San Fran, so to see it across the water would make sense.
Or Pokemon if Universal and the Pokemon company want to expand their partnership if the ride that is rumored to take over Spiderman in Japan does well.

Or Pokemon if Universal and the Pokemon company want to expand their partnership if the ride that is rumored to take over Spiderman in Japan does well.
Wouldn't mind a Transformers make-over to put Pokemon there. It's the same ride system only needs to change the screen formats to work.

Wouldn't mind a Transformers make-over to put Pokemon there. It's the same ride system only needs to change the screen formats to work.
If Pokemon were to replace the Simpsons in the US parks, I think Universal would go with that Omnimover snap safari concept that was first cooked up when Universal was pitching attraction ideas to convince The Pokemon Company to let them have the rights. Another concept I could also see work would involve using that thermal tracking patent Universal filed not too long ago for a ride where you catch Pokemon. Knowing Universal this could be a better executed version of Web Slingers.

I'm pretty sure they never proposed an omnimover ride of any kind.
Maybe I misheard but I believe @Alica did mention a snap safari omnimover was proposed on one of her videos when Pokemon was rumored to take over KZ. I think something like Midway Mania or Web Slingers would be lead to more exciting plotlines though as it can involve you being at a convention testing a new Poke vehicle then Team Rocket crashes the convention and somehow turn the Pokemon evil and you have to catch them to turn them back. Or Team Rocket has some sort off mech themselves and is trying to capture the Pokemon the old school way. Either way it would be a mistake to not involve Team Rocket.

Maybe I misheard but I believe @Alica did mention a snap safari omnimover was proposed on one of her videos when Pokemon was rumored to take over KZ. I think something like Midway Mania or Web Slingers would be lead to more exciting plotlines though as it can involve you being at a convention testing a new Poke vehicle then Team Rocket crashes the convention and somehow turn the Pokemon evil and you have to catch them to turn them back. Or Team Rocket has some sort off mech themselves and is trying to capture the Pokemon the old school way. Either way it would be a mistake to not involve Team Rocket.

Fair enough, but this is a “future of the Simpsons” thread, not a Pokémon thread, so let’s (once again) get back on topic…

I was playing around with Google Earth and found the size of the plot of land behind Simpsons and MIB is about 9-12 acres depending on how much of those sheds/warehouses they take out. Assuming Simpsons and MIB are replaced by a new area with a certain IP attached, if the area behind it was to be combined with the existing FFL/MIB/Simpsons area, would that be considered too large to give to just one IP?

I was playing around with Google Earth and found the size of the plot of land behind Simpsons and MIB is about 9-12 acres depending on how much of those sheds/warehouses they take out. Assuming Simpsons and MIB are replaced by a new area with a certain IP attached, if the area behind it was to be combined with the existing FFL/MIB/Simpsons area, would that be considered too large to give to just one IP?
Depends on the IP imo

I think I'm a little confused on what this all means. New Sprung tent? Is Simpsons Ride going to operate seasonally soon? Is Simpsons going to be open for HHN again?