Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're going to see a lot of construction really take off in the next few months. VB, F&F exterior, and Cabana Bay towers are all wrapping up in quick succession. WNW demo/replacement, Adventura, and possibly even DC demolition/replacement could all be humming along by the end of the year.

I have doubts right now that F&F's exterior will be done soon. But I do agree that with the WNW demo, Adventura, and finishing F&F (as I don't see DC and Kidzone touched till the end of the year), it will be interesting.

I have doubts right now that F&F's exterior will be done soon. But I do agree that with the WNW demo, Adventura, and finishing F&F (as I don't see DC and Kidzone touched till the end of the year), it will be interesting.

By "exterior", I mean the heavy lifting. The building shells are largely done.

4000 rooms is monstrous. Some quick Wikipedia research says that this hotel would roughly be one of the 10 largest in the world (by room count) and easily the largest in Orlando. Heck, it's the largest in the Western Hemisphere outside of Vegas.

There's going to be more to this. Whether it's an indoor CityWalk or transit or something, there's going to be more. You can't add this many rooms without some serious infrastructure to support them. That means more restaurants, more parks, more transit.

4000 rooms is monstrous. Some quick Wikipedia research says that this hotel would roughly be one of the 10 largest in the world (by room count) and easily the largest in Orlando. Heck, it's the largest in the Western Hemisphere outside of Vegas.

There's going to be more to this. Whether it's an indoor CityWalk or transit or something, there's going to be more. You can't add this many rooms without some serious infrastructure to support them. That means more restaurants, more parks, more transit.

Once construction really gets going, it will be the biggest clue to Universal's future plans for transit.

With the CityWalk idea being passed around, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored apparel stores that are closing at CityWalk get moved to an indoor shopping mall at the new resort IF Universal went that direction.

With the CityWalk idea being passed around, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored apparel stores that are closing at CityWalk get moved to an indoor shopping mall at the new resort IF Universal went that direction.

I have to think that whatever will be south, will be more similar to Disney Springs.

I have to think that whatever will be south, will be more similar to Disney Springs.

Could be the case. Just makes you wonder how Universal would sell this concept with CityWalk basically falling under the Disney Springs umbrella. Universal would have two CityWalk's/Disney Springs on their hands. How do you sell that besides throwing the "Hey this is connected to a resort" pitch?

I absolutely love the idea of keeping some of the Wet 'n Wild slides and having them re-themed to the resort. THAT would be something.

I'm wondering if the parking garage in the SE corner will be TM parking? With it clearly having access from a side street, it makes sense. Of course, there could be three hotels and one garage for each with an access road for that garage built off Universal Drive.

Maybe that tower crane Bio posted yesterday really is for Wn'W and not Aventura if this has been in the works for 18 months.

Use it for the demolition of WnW, then move over to Aventura as the foundations start getting poured for the new hotel at WnW then once Aventura is complete move the crane back across the road. Universal get their moneys worth.

Saying Aventura so much now has me thinking Ace Ventura.

That crane is for Aventura. There is no way they'd set up a tower crane for demo of something like WNW. Tower cranes are good at vertical in one location. They aren't good at moving. WNW will get mobile cranes for teardown.

I can't see this being one hotel. You check in, and are told your room is across the street? Not likely. I'm sure there will be bridges across the street for pedestrian access, but making a hotel that big doesn't make much sense. I'd say two hotels, and possibly a third. Multiple light themes to appeal to different guest types.

Emphasis is mine. This isn't one hotel. ;)

I'm curious to see how they're going to price it.

If they go for a hotel similar to CBBR is it going to be priced less? If they go for another that's high end, how do they price is for it technically being off site?

Status
Not open for further replies.