Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Hidden Mickey Thread

UK pavillion
IMG_4301.jpg

In France
IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

Morocco
IMG_4317.jpg

Germany
IMG_4360.jpg

Test Track
IMG_4373.jpg

Sidewalk near Hollywood and Sunset
IMG_4465.jpg

Sci Fi Diner - Gotta look for hard for these ;)
IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

The Writer's Shop
IMG_4501.jpg

Window down "Streets of America"
IMG_4503.jpg

Haunted Mansion
IMG_5355.jpg

Not a Hidden Mickey, but does anyone know what is the significance of the Golden Ribbon?
IMG_5266.jpg

A few Mickeys, and few Disney hidden easter eggs :thumbs:

In the San Fran Facade
IMG_6010.jpg

Over by Muppets
IMG_6035.jpg

Over by Hollywood Blvd. One of my favorite nods to a Disney film.
IMG_6077.jpg

Muppet Studio Lab
IMG_6052.jpg

San Fran facade
IMG_6055.jpg

The horse with the golden ribbon tied around the tail is Cinderella's horse, who's name is Cindy! The core of the Carousal has pictures of the story of Cinderella. If you sit on Cinderella's horse, the pictures go in order of the story! I read it in The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom!

Cinderella's horse?

That would be correct. :thumbs:

The horse with the golden ribbon tied around the tail is Cinderella's horse, who's name is Cindy! The core of the Carousal has pictures of the story of Cinderella. If you sit on Cinderella's horse, the pictures go in order of the story! I read it in The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom!

I actually heard the story from a woman who worked solely on the horses for the carousel for 30+ years about how the horse with the golden ribbon being Cinderella's horse is false (or more like 'urban legend'), and she explains where the myth came from and how it escalated to being considered true. But I've been reluctant to reiterate it because I don't want to ruin anyone's outlook on it :lol:

I actually heard the story from a woman who worked solely on the horses for the carousel for 30+ years about how the horse with the golden ribbon being Cinderella's horse is false (or more like 'urban legend'), and she explains where the myth came from and how it escalated to being considered true. But I've been reluctant to reiterate it because I don't want to ruin anyone's outlook on it :lol:

:lol:

The Official Magic Kingdom Imagineering Field Guide considers it true though, so it has to be.

No, it doesn't. I've heard from several creditable Disney Historians, It's not supposed to be Cindy's horse.

So then the official Disney book is lying? :lol: It may not have been originally intended to be her horse, but it seems it's considered official now.

Oh boy, I created a monster, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it... :lol:

It seems to be one of those harmless urban legends that becomes "fact" because of how harmless it is. It's a good story, so why not let it be true?

The story came from this: The carousel has several different "levels" of horses -- "A" horses are the really big and grandly decorated ones, that you see on the outer ring. As you move to the inner rings, the horses become smaller and less decorated, and are called "B" horses, "C" horses, etc. referring to the level of detail and size. (Apparently the "A" horses are VERY expensive, hence why they can't make them all A's). So one day there was a girl visiting MK with the 'Make a Wish' foundation, who was in really poor health. She wanted to ride the carousel, but they had to help her in the process. Due to her condition, they needed to place her on one of the inner rings, on one of the smaller horses -- but the poor girl wanted to ride one of the "A" horses on the outside. So a Disney cast member made up the story of Cinderella's horse on the spot to make the girl feel more special for riding that particular horse. The horse was the smaller inner horse with the golden ribbon, and the cast member made up the story that this was Cinderella's horse, and she was special for being able to ride her horse.

After this, the story spread and became "fact" -- and even as this lady admitted, it's a harmless story that's able to be used to explain to smaller kids when riding this horse, so the story stuck. I mean, it's all made up at some point anyway :lol: I guess it doesn't matter where the story came from, right?