Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

Makes sense. I think The Last Of Us will have just ended by then, which might be a consideration (despite being an HBO show) since Pedro Pascal stars in both.

The Last of Us starts Jan. 15 and is rumored to be 9 episodes long. Which, assuming each episode airs weekly without doubling up or skipping a week (which may happen the week of the Super Bowl), would leave it with 2 episodes left to air by the time Mando starts.

Great time to be Pedro Pascal.
He Killed it as the Viper....like Ned. He doesn't have much screen time compared to season long characters like Jon Snow but he made an impact on people. People loved the Viper and glad he got to go on to kill it at these other roles.

I wish we had gotten a full season with Mando and Grogu separated, but the trailer looks very good.
I just don't think it was going to work without Grogu. The show is good, but there's a demo of people who tune in specifically for the little guy that they would've lost in their viewership.

I feel bad for the people who watch Mando but didn't watch BoBF and the last thing they saw was Grogu getting handed to Luke. You can probably catch up on the major events from BoBF in about 2 episodes of that show (the best ones...) and then jump right into Mando 3 caught up.

I just don't think it was going to work without Grogu. The show is good, but there's a demo of people who tune in specifically for the little guy that they would've lost in their viewership.

I understand the business rationale. I just think that, creatively, it might have been better (and allowed the ending of season two to have more impact) if they didn't get put immediately back together as a duo.

I understand the business rationale. I just think that, creatively, it might have been better (and allowed the ending of season two to have more impact) if they didn't get put immediately back together as a duo.
I'm torn.

On one hand, I think it would've been cool to go into this season with them still apart and not really know what lies ahead and what that means for Din, but then that's a few episodes in a season essentially used up just to get Grogu back when the real hook for this season is the Battle of Mandalore.

Personally, I think I like it better this way in having the entire season to focus on that plot, although I guess it could be argued that the Battle of Mandalore that we're going to get sorta could've happened without Grogu? It does look like we're gonna get a really cool Order 66 flashback scene though showing more of his origins.

Last edited:
While I'm happy they are back as a team....it was not even a season before they got back together

I think it would have been interesting to see Din by himself for 3 episodes in this season then bring him back...at the very least. I don't know what we are in a rush for, this show isn't going to be done after this

Hell and maybe they don't want to do it but i'm hoping after season 4-5 they end it all with a Big movie. The budget for this show is amazing but would love to see mando on the big screen

Odd that they're only going to be showing episode 1 on ABC/FX/Freeform given it's been 2.5 years since the last episode aired. Just drop all 16 episodes on linear TV and try to pick up new people for Season 3. Just dropping episode 1 isn't going to do anything, really.

Odd that they're only going to be showing episode 1 on ABC/FX/Freeform given it's been 2.5 years since the last episode aired. Just drop all 16 episodes on linear TV and try to pick up new people for Season 3. Just dropping episode 1 isn't going to do anything, really.

They just lots 2.5 million subscribers, they need to get you hooked and then have you pay more money.

Disney needs to just make it where they have like...2 apps at max, they just have too many apps to try to keep up with

They just lots 2.5 million subscribers, they need to get you hooked and then have you pay more money.

Disney needs to just make it where they have like...2 apps at max, they just have too many apps to try to keep up with
The 2.5 million is almost entirely from India because Disney lost out on rights for Cricket which was why so many people subscribed to D+ there anyway. Disney deemed the rights not worth the price.

Supposedly they saw growth in the US.