Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

I think you're onto something with the long delay and the Obi Wan and Boba Fett shows failing to deliver. I'd add the complete overexposure of Baby Yoda--check the Disney Outlet or Ollie's for some truly bizarre stuff that still got produced--and somewhat of a lack of marketing.

The biggest issue the show faces, tho, is as a huge Mando fan, I thought episode 2 was a course correction. I was excited for episode 3. But episode 3 was so far outside the feel of the show, for the first time since the premiere I'm not jonesing to see the next one. If episode 3 already saw a drop. next week's could be deadly.
I know a lot of people who literally just don’t even know there’s a new season of the show on so yeah, marketing dropped the ball.

Episode 3’s concept is intriguing, and in a different show I would have been excited to see it explored. But if season 3 already felt aimless, this episode certainly didn’t help.

And god…that ending where
The New Republic just outright lets a former imperial officer observe a memory wipe with no supervision felt like such a plot convenience. Like this meticulous plan she created, and the ultimate success of it was that she knew they would leave so she could crank up the intensity? So dumb…

Last edited:
I think that the MCU keeps ruining outside projects

everyone wants to copy the MCU where everything connects but if it’s makes the story weaker thenit seems your doomed to fail

Mando S3 Ep4 Summary

“In this week’s side quest…”

Seriously this season is awful…
I thought there was some actual really important stuff that happened in this episode, but it could’ve happened in an episode done slightly differently.

Also, I love the complaints from people about things this season that have been literal staples of the show since season 1, such as side quests. I feel like the 2.5 year break between seasons plus Andor being the last Star Wars show made people forget about the side quests and just the general tone of the show.

Last edited:
I thought there was some actual really important stuff that happened in this episode, but it could’ve happened in an episode done slightly differently.

Also, I love the complaints from people about things this season that have been literal staples of the show since season 1, such as side quests.

I feel like the 2.5 year break between seasons plus Andor being the last Star Wars show made people forget about the side quests and just the general tone of the show.
I agree there were tons of side quests, especially in season 1. But then season 2 streamlined the story and it became more focused. Each episode felt like it was building towards an overarching goal of taking down Gideon.

This season is aimless, so the side quests are far less interesting.

I think it depends on what you enjoy

I liked Bounties because we have yet to have a show like that

Fighting in family stuff, especially Mando stuff is not new. I'm not saying I hate it but its not original we've seen this war in the old republic, Clone Wars and Rebels So I can understand why some people are bored of conflict

I'm not by any means loving this season and am in some ways bored of it. I think the story is bad more than the way it's being told. The problem being we have very little idea even what the story is and the only reason we do is because Bo-Katan keeps hinting at it over and over. I think we're pretty clearly building to Bo trying to win the dark saber and coming out victorious and siding with Gideon or something like that. But that's just me guessing based on very limited knowledge we have of any semblance of a narrative through four episodes.

I genuinely think we're going to settle into a similar ebb and flow that is seen from The Clone Wars; and I think that's gonna turn a lot of people off.

But I don't mind the slow build in this being a chance for us to see Bo and Grogu develop when dealing with Dinn's coven. And I honestly expect it to start progressing properly once next week's episode comes in.

I'm not by any means loving this season and am in some ways bored of it. I think the story is bad more than the way it's being told. The problem being we have very little idea even what the story is and the only reason we do is because Bo-Katan keeps hinting at it over and over. I think we're pretty clearly building to Bo trying to win the dark saber and coming out victorious and siding with Gideon or something like that. But that's just me guessing based on very limited knowledge we have of any semblance of a narrative through four episodes.

Bo's ambition to me feels night and day: I think she is going to convince and show proof of the Mythosaur, show what it represents and set the coven down on the path of reclaiming Mandalore, but in the efforts Moff reveals himself to be while battered; enduring and survivng, planning his own efforts.

I genuinely think we're going to settle into a similar ebb and flow that is seen from The Clone Wars; and I think that's gonna turn a lot of people off.

But I don't mind the slow build in this being a chance for us to see Bo and Grogu develop when dealing with Dinn's coven. And I honestly expect it to start progressing properly once next week's episode comes in.

Bo's ambition to me feels night and day: I think she is going to convince and show proof of the Mythosaur, show what it represents and set the coven down on the path of reclaiming Mandalore, but in the efforts Moff reveals himself to be while battered; enduring and survivng, planning his own efforts.
I do like what they have done with Grogu this season for the most part. Din remains to be a stoic character, sort of boring at times when not written right ngl. I like Bo-Katan and enjoy that she has an actual personality unlike Din, it's a good counter balance.

Overall, compared to seasons past, something just feels off this season. Maybe the season will all come together in these last four episodes and we'll all look like fools. It's possible. There was actually a lot of people calling S2 a joke until the finale episode when Luke showed up and the fanbase lost their minds.

I don't get the hate for this season. I'm not all in, but pleasantly surprised Star Wars still can find a way to bring the magic. Loved the last two episodes and where they seem to be going with it. An old house leader questioning their lapse of faith in the ways of old, joining a clan that lives by the old ways and assimilating and becoming a leader among them. Pretty cool story thus far if you ask me. As for the Empire episode. It was "Andor lite" in all the best of ways. The ending, surely could be seen as too convenient but hey... It's entertainment. Overall, I was entertained.

I don't get the hate for this season. I'm not all in, but pleasantly surprised Star Wars still can find a way to bring the magic. Loved the last two episodes and where they seem to be going with it. An old house leader questioning their lapse of faith in the ways of old, joining a clan that lives by the old ways and assimilating and becoming a leader among them. Pretty cool story thus far if you ask me. As for the Empire episode. It was "Andor lite" in all the best of ways. The ending, surely could be seen as too convenient but hey... It's entertainment. Overall, I was entertained.
I'm not hating this season by any means, but the back half has to really bring it home for me to feel satisfied. It also doesn't necessarily help that I think Andor quite literally ruining Star Wars TV for me by blowing every thing else out of the water. And with that said, it should be no surprise that my favorite episode of this season was the third this season that spent most of the episode almost completely away from our main characters.

I liked this episode the best of the season so far. Grogu is starting to develop into his own character with his own story line, evolving form cute sidekick and meme generator. Bo actually turned to Din and asked for help, she has been fully humbled and brought to the bottom. The success of the rescue brought her in as a respected member of a Clan that she was once adamantly against. Her discussion with the armorer at the end of the episode will have implications later I'm sure.Din grows in his fatherly role, albeit in a very Mandaliorian way by getting Grogu his first challenge.

While the overall story and plot advancement of this episode may not be evident just yet, the character development was huge across the board. Plus the action sequences kept things moving and the overall entertainment level high, and we got live action clones which is something I've wanted for a long time.

I enjoyed the Episode as well

But I understand why some don't care for this. But the Character development for Grogu, Pre Vizsla, Armorer is there anyone saying the story isn't moving along is just ignoring the other characters in the show.

It's not like any of these three characters are new...all three appear in all seasons and even Boba Fett

I enjoyed the Episode as well

But I understand why some don't care for this. But the Character development for Grogu, Pre Vizsla, Armorer is there anyone saying the story isn't moving along is just ignoring the other characters in the show.

It's not like any of these three characters are new...all three appear in all seasons and even Boba Fett
The story advancement for Grogu is great. The Armorer being a Co-Star this season essentially is nice and I like what they are doing with her. I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about with Pre-Vizsla. Perhaps I missed something. I also don't care that much about Pre-Vizsla so there's that.

To argue that the story IS moving along would just be making things up and ignoring idiotic writing in some of the sequences of these episodes.

For example:
"Oh no bird just took my kid, better go get him"
"Damn, we ran out of jet fuel, he always gets away!"

These are freakin' Mandalorians, you'd think they wouldn't be so dumb, but then again I watched Book of Boba Fett, soooo.....

The story advancement for Grogu is great. The Armorer being a Co-Star this season essentially is nice and I like what they are doing with her. I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about with Pre-Vizsla. Perhaps I missed something. I also don't care that much about Pre-Vizsla so there's that.

To argue that the story IS moving along would just be making things up and ignoring idiotic writing in some of the sequences of these episodes.

For example:
"Oh no bird just took my kid, better go get him"
"Damn, we ran out of jet fuel, he always gets away!"

These are freakin' Mandalorians, you'd think they wouldn't be so dumb, but then again I watched Book of Boba Fett, soooo.....
Pre-Vizsla kid being saved by Mando, along with seeing how he reacted in the nest when he thought his son was there.

We've only seen Pre-Vizsla as this harden warrior who doesn't like Mando but slowly he seems to be respecting Mando and Bo as Warriors at his caliber and is respecting them.

I guess there thought is survival of the fittest, either the foundlin will not get captured by a big creature or if they do they will find a way out. Either way this time it did kinda pay off for them, they have three flying creatures that can't be detected by tech which we've seen before can be a very valuable tool (in Rebels and Clone Wars)

Pre-Vizsla kid being saved by Mando, along with seeing how he reacted in the nest when he thought his son was there.

We've only seen Pre-Vizsla as this harden warrior who doesn't like Mando but slowly he seems to be respecting Mando and Bo as Warriors at his caliber and is respecting them.

I guess there thought is survival of the fittest, either the foundlin will not get captured by a big creature or if they do they will find a way out. Either way this time it did kinda pay off for them, they have three flying creatures that can't be detected by tech which we've seen before can be a very valuable tool (in Rebels and Clone Wars)
Dude, they only saved the kid because Mando had a ship. But second, going by rules of nature, that bird would've ripped the kid apart. What the hell was he doing chillin in the bird's stomach swallowed whole? I know it's fiction, but this episode was all over the place in believability.

Dude, they only saved the kid because Mando had a ship. But second, going by rules of nature, that bird would've ripped the kid apart. What the hell was he doing chillin in the bird's stomach swallowed whole? I know it's fiction, but this episode was all over the place in believability.
lol

Star Wars has dog fights in space but acts like there is gravity. Its been Fantasy since this alllllll began.

Also I believe it was Bo Katan ship, so credit to her for tracking the beast and Mando for grabbing the kid in mid air.

Season one Mando was dead and then they magically sprayed him and he's good enough to fight a Tie Fighter....Maul was cut in half but rage kept him alive....Elza time traveled to save someone....Han beat Boba fett by bumping into him.....I'm just pointing out Star Wars has always been like this. This episode was to show Bo and Mando in a tribe doing well

lol

Star Wars has dog fights in space but acts like there is gravity. Its been Fantasy since this alllllll began.

Also I believe it was Bo Katan ship, so credit to her for tracking the beast and Mando for grabbing the kid in mid air.

Season one Mando was dead and then they magically sprayed him and he's good enough to fight a Tie Fighter....Maul was cut in half but rage kept him alive....Elza time traveled to save someone....Han beat Boba fett by bumping into him.....I'm just pointing out Star Wars has always been like this. This episode was to show Bo and Mando in a tribe doing well
Yes, everything you mentioned exists in Star Wars canon. Bacta Spray exists to revive. What's going outside of canon is that a huge f'ing bird wouldn't rip a child apart for food to share with it's babies just for the plot convenience of The Mandalorians being able to get there and save him just in time.

Yes, everything you mentioned exists in Star Wars canon. Bacta Spray exists to revive. What's going outside of canon is that a huge f'ing bird wouldn't rip a child apart for food to share with it's babies just for the plot convenience of The Mandalorians being able to get there and save him just in time.
Then the show isn't for you....its fantasy based and anytime they do something like this its to make X character look cool.

Its a made up creature so maybe this one brings food back to the nest and then chews it up for the babies....because its made up like the force, bacta spray, armor that can't be destroyed and gravity in space