The Mandalorian | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've struggled at times to decipher what I think is not good versus what I feel is too clone wars for my personal taste. I mostly enjoyed the most recent episode but can't say I'm all that interested in a show that primarily focuses, or even heavily focuses, on bo-katan moving forward.
I guess it does depends on your taste but Bo doing the same stuff as Mando being a hero to me is cool

But Clone wars side stuff was about Maul Making huge gang and taking on the Black Suns and Jabba, or showing where Maul came from with his brother, or Boba on a train with other bounty hunters, or seeing how Clone were trained etc.

At least to me thats my favorite part of Clone Wars was when the focus was away from the hero's and we saw something we could not see with the main cast and even then Ashoka being captured and put into a hunger games situation, or Obi Wan going under cover as a Bounty hunter was also just....unique at this point.

To me thats the difference is when Clone Wars did side stuff it was very interesting idea's that just would not fit into the main saga story

you're talking about plot, I'm talking about tone and vibe. what I don't like about clone wars, or frankly any of the filoni-esque stuff, is the tone. star wars is, obviously, corny. but even I have my limits.

and, to be clear, I don't begrudge anyone liking any of that! it's just not for me.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
you're talking about plot, I'm talking about tone and vibe. what I don't like about clone wars, or frankly any of the filoni-esque stuff, is the tone. star wars is, obviously, corny. but even I have my limits.

and, to be clear, I don't begrudge anyone liking any of that! it's just not for me.
I do think though that, up until this season, the tone wasn’t much of an issue (in Mando, BoBF was a mess) whereas this season just feels like live action clone wars.

I do think though that, up until this season, the tone wasn’t much of an issue (in Mando, BoBF was a mess) whereas this season just feels like live action clone wars.
I still think that deep down, I really wanted a dark Star Wars show from Mando initially, like darker than Andor. But, the first two seasons still worked well.

We will see how I feel at the end of season 3, but right now it’s worse than season 1 and considerably worse than season 2 in my opinion.

Reactions: Jake S and Nick
Whatever good will they kicked up last week evaporated with this episode. Two of the most wasted cameos I’ve ever seen in a show, surrounded by the most perfunctory of episode ideas. I know people say Mando “feels like live action Clone Wars” as a compliment, but this was one of those Jar Jar antics filler episodes as a comparison.

Unless this season ends with a bang, I think they’re going to lose a lot of viewers by season 4.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just when I was getting into it last week they crap out potentially the worst episode of the show to date. This season is going nowhere and is just a mess.

Reactions: HalfGlass
So I watched it and its about on par with this season

I guess I don't get the hate because I dont think this season has episodes that are much better. Like to me they all feel like this

That being said, it to me is easily the weakest of the 3 seasons and its funny how much I miss the kinda slow build up of story but we got fully contained episodes, I prefer those to this format because to me it just feels like its the same crap different planet. The bounties to me all felt, unique. While these adventures all feel like the same long quest just broken up.

I just prefer season 1/2 structure.

I will say Din, is one of my favorite characters he is just such a smart and kind person at his core and the ending really shows that. He doesn't want power which is just kinda refreshing

So I watched it and its about on par with this season

I guess I don't get the hate because I dont think this season has episodes that are much better. Like to me they all feel like this

That being said, it to me is easily the weakest of the 3 seasons and its funny how much I miss the kinda slow build up of story but we got fully contained episodes, I prefer those to this format because to me it just feels like its the same crap different planet. The bounties to me all felt, unique. While these adventures all feel like the same long quest just broken up.

I just prefer season 1/2 structure.

I will say Din, is one of my favorite characters he is just such a smart and kind person at his core and the ending really shows that. He doesn't want power which is just kinda refreshing
I kinda hated the way they did that at the end of the episode. I wanted there to have to be a fight between them for the saber and I felt like him being "oh hey, like 4 episodes you saved me so it's yours". Felt anti-climactic.

I could be wrong but Bo and Din seem to be a pretty good team

I would not be supervised if they get together and have kids

With the new film (s) announced today it looks like we are moving forward in the timeline for Star Wars and bet Grogo and Din are apart of the new films in someways (if they do happen)

Today’s episode was way better and quite frankly, could have been excellent if it didn’t feel so rushed due to the extraneous side quests all season. It feels like this episode belongs in an entirely different show compared to last week.

So a thought I had recently…

After reading Ahsoka may be more than one season and Filoni directing a culmination “mando-verse” film, it feels like they don’t have enough plot to keep Mando relevant to the overall story between the three shows (Mando, Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew). So, this season was way more filler than normal since they need to wait to build up Thrawn in Ahsoka. I don’t know, just speculation, but it’s almost like the Phase 4 MCU treading water to wait for the other projects to line up and be cohesive.

I mean the ending of that episode was almost perfect

Just dam I loved pretty much every second after they get into the mines and start fighting.

Also the Shadow Council was also great, love it. This approach is much better at trying to at least fix some of the sequels stuff, doesn't excuse the movies but I found the council meeting very entertaining

Reactions: belloq87
I felt Dinn speech to Bo and the Empire stuff well written but thats just me
it's not that I think every line of dialogue is terrible (obviously I was being a bit glib), but it's particularly the clunky stuff given to bo that gets me. every week she offers exposition to no one in particular that's treated with an unearned sense of gravity that feels like the worst bits of the prequel trilogy (and some of the less charming bits of the original trilogy, for that matter).

I felt the empire stuff was a bit corny, but frankly Star Wars is better when the villain stuff is corny. so, you're not going to hear me complaining about that.

Pretty solid finale - though it feels like ultimately, the whole
Moff storyline is just going to come back again next season. I was really hoping they would bring that to its natural conclusion here, but obviously they don’t show him die which means he will be back.

A couple of good episodes to close out the season, but overall it was a mess and I’m not really aching to know where this goes next.

I'm excited to see the ending of this season

hearing good things and Im happy to hear its ending on a strong note....I am however tried of many fans now trying to crap on the first two seasons of this show to justify the love of the third season

If you liked this season the best cool, but season 1 and two were to me near perfect in there own ways. Season one does a great job setting up the universe for none fans and season 2 with the exception of the ice planet is just so dam good, like every episode brings something new.

This season felt like the same, Bo and Mando go and do stuff that leads into fighting Thrawn because......we want to make a movie. Now last episode was great because it felt like the Empire strikes back moment for Mando but doesn't mean I have to love watching everything parts of season 3 feel fun but in the end many felt like it was the same at least to me. While each bounty in season one felt unique because of what planet they are on/who Din had to work with that week. Just my two cents

I think you can love all three seasons but trying to bring the other two down because no all fans love season 3 like you? Only in the star wars community

A decent enough finale but just re-enforces my belief they rewrote much of the season on the fly. In the end, had maybe 4 hours of story, or possibly a roller coaster of a 2.5-hour movie.

Also, what was the point of
Chekov's Mythousaur? Did they realize they already blew that ending with Book of Boba Fett after setting it up?

I still haven't seen episode 7, never mind the finale. Haven't really felt compelled to based on how this season has been which is really odd for me since I was someone who would watch MAndo almost as soon as it was available the first few seasons.

Did it at least stick the landing and or did it feel rushed?