Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The NBA Experience

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The Disney Park's blog has now released new concept art for the upcoming "The NBA Experience".

A First Look at The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort Coming to Disney Springs in Summer 2019 | Disney Parks Blog

As the 2017-18 NBA season tips off, we want to give you a first look at the new NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort coming to Disney Springs.

Inspired by the modern architecture of new NBA arenas around the country, the building design exudes the same spirit and energizing impact, while creating an unmistakable and entertaining connection to the NBA in a way that only Disney can.

It’s one of several ways Disney Springs is still growing and adding new experiences to delight and entertain our Guests.

“We are inspired by the design of the new building and the energy that it will bring to the West Side of Disney Springs,” said Senior Vice President of Disney Springs and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Maribeth Bisienere.

The state-of-the-art space will include interactive games and competitions, immersive experiences, a retail store and an adjacent restaurant.

nbae4785782.png

nbae4785781.jpg

The new experience set to replace Disneyquest will be opening in Summer 2019.

What do you think? Are you interested by the prospects of a NBA-Themed restaurant returning to the Orlando landscape, or do you think this goes back to a problem that Nascar Cafe and NBA City had? Comment down below!

Looks good. Even as someone not into the NBA I liked the NBA Store in NYC which is half store half exhibit. This adds a restaurant to it.

The art is... wow.

Not in a good way. The walkway is never as wide as it is portrayed in the images. The false grassy field is standing in the middle of House of Blues - maybe even beyond it.

It's going to be a monstrosity looming over the rest of the West End.

Love the architectural choice for this. Very bold, yet modern. It adds a much needed sports bar to Disney Springs and the "experience" will likely be just as big of a hit with families as Splitsville.

Love the architectural choice for this. Very bold, yet modern. It adds a much needed sports bar to Disney Springs and the "experience" will likely be just as big of a hit with families as Splitsville.

On its own it's not bad. But considering where it's going it's not even going to be visible from the concept art vantage points.

The art is... wow.

Not in a good way. The walkway is never as wide as it is portrayed in the images. The false grassy field is standing in the middle of House of Blues - maybe even beyond it.

It's going to be a monstrosity looming over the rest of the West End.
I won't be surprised if HOB is bulldozed by the time this opens.

It looks as if they’re going to use the skeleton of the DisneyQuest structure, so sorta like the construction of NBC Grille from Nascar Grille.

I’m curious if the Cirque building is staying given the last show of La Nouba is December 31. It could easily be gone by April, and then it would still leave just over a year for construction.

I’m curious if the Cirque building is staying given the last show of La Nouba is December 31. It could easily be gone by April, and then it would still leave just over a year for construction.

Off topic, but the show will be updated.

It's a great fit. The thing replaces a Disney thingy with a non Disney thingy I don't care for. This would have been the perfect place for a Disney Museum but now it's generic and non related like the rest.

The Disney Park's blog has now released new concept art for the upcoming "The NBA Experience".

A First Look at The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort Coming to Disney Springs in Summer 2019 | Disney Parks Blog

nbae4785782.png

nbae4785781.jpg

The new experience set to replace Disneyquest will be opening in Summer 2019.

What do you think? Are you interested by the prospects of a NBA-Themed restaurant returning to the Orlando landscape, or do you think this goes back to a problem that Nascar Cafe and NBA City had? Comment down below!

Looks very similar to the shape of NBC Grill to me

gb.jpg