Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The NBA Experience

We all know how bad Disney is as an employer to their hard working castmembers with the mistreating of castmembers by customers and not being allowed to report it. The low payment, cutting of hours and now sending them to the NBA experience. That is just cruel. ;)

Last edited:
I did the World of Coke in Atlanta a couple weeks ago and I couldn't help but see a lot of comparisons to NBA Experience.

* Lots of corporate marketing. Bordered on brainwashing.
* Collection of small activities. Mostly for kids.
* Museum exhibits interspersed throughout.
* I didn't see any super fans that were ecstatic to be there, but Coke has a lot of casual interest.
* No regional discounts or annual passes. It's meant to be a one-and-done for tourists.

The big difference was price + expectation. World of Coke was explicit that you would spend 2 hours - tops - and the price was $17. That's half what NBA Experience costs.

NBA Experience is gonna be $20 in less than a year. It doesn't sound like a full-day experience (unlike Disney Quest) and I think Disney needs to better sell it as a small side-show

Did this a couple weeks ago. Love the NBA and basketball, but this experience is not worth the $34 it costs. Went on a peak Friday night (from 8-10PM) and it was empty, Disney Springs was still as hectic as ever.

An all-sports ESPN Experience would have done better.

Can't say I didn't see this coming, since the writing was on the wall before it even opened.
I noticed some people on the web trying to say this is "DisneyQuest 2.0", but I feel that's a bit of a false title as DQ actually faired pretty decently when it opened (In Orlando, at least.). You just can't say the same bout' the NBA Experience as it's been a failure to launch from the get-go.

I wonder if Disney has some sort of chocolate restaurant to replace this down the line or something.

It was a crappy idea when it was at CityWalk, it was a crappy idea when it was announced, it was a crappy idea when it opened and it's a crappy idea when you can even visit it for free.

Remember everyone praising it and saying Universal screwed up by closing NBA City once Disney snatched it up? Good times!

Remember everyone praising it and saying Universal screwed up by closing NBA City once Disney snatched it up? Good times!

I honestly can't remember anybody saying anything positive about it.

As for Universal losing it. I'll happily take Toothsome over it any day. Hell, a WWE Hall of Fame restaurant would have done better.

Hell, a WWE Hall of Fame restaurant would have done better.

giphy.gif