The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But will the non-Jack originals work to market the general public? I don't believe so.

I would be okay with them scrapping a couple of IPs, maybe repurpose them as zones—Creepshow and Sabrina MIGHT work as such, and giving Billie a house like marketing supposedly wanted, since I feel like houses are easier to market than shows. Wa-la, combined with Jack, Beetlejuice, and Haunting of Hill House (at least I’d like to keep that one) the marketing quota is filled.

Last edited:
I would be okay with them scrapping a couple of IPs and (maybe repurpose them as zones—Creepshow could work as such) giving Billie a house like marketing supposedly wanted, since I feel like houses are easier to market than shows. Wa-la, combined with Jack, Beetlejuice, and Haunting of Hill House (at least I’d like to keep that one) the marketing quota is filled.
That’s if Jack is back.

No, she's still getting the show lol, they aren't giving her a house, Hollywood I think still is but everything is going to be very different, this year will be a different anniversary year that some people will like and others not so much, also was going to say that, what if they didn't bring Jack either and this year would feel like an out of place anniversary year with no icon, there could be an anniversary house, it's not ruled out.

No, she's still getting the show lol, they aren't giving her a house, Hollywood I think still is but everything is going to be very different, this year will be a different anniversary year that some people will like and others not so much, also was going to say that, what if they didn't bring Jack either and this year would feel like an out of place anniversary year with no icon.

I will be fine with Jack, but I’ll certainly be fine without him.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I will be fine with Jack, but I’ll certainly be fine without him.

We will know for sure if the marketing will be changed again for this year like it has been before, now wondering what the last minute idea they would use for this year to be the centerpiece for this anniversary year.

We will know for sure if the marketing will be changed again for this year like it has been before, now wondering what the last minute idea they would use for this year to be the centerpiece for this anniversary year.

Crazy if a lagoon show ends up being the centerpiece.

I wonder if they’re kicking themselves for using Monsters last year.

Crazy if a lagoon show ends up being the centerpiece.

I wonder if they’re kicking themselves for using Monsters last year.

Oh god, that sounds drastic and desperate and I don't think they are going for that route. As for Monsters, I don't think they were in the wrong, they used it when it was hot off coming from Hollywood and when Hollywood did a sequel to the house which both were awesome, I don't think it would have changed anything for this year's anniversary.

But, given that legacy also said that Billy E. is the biggest name, I'd also scratch off IT, The Exorcist, Alien(s), and whatever else people consider to be major titles.
Yeah - but again, I wasn't at all supposing any of those. I was just talking about what would and would not likely be out on the basis of the "slasher" mantle. I don't expect Exorcist again for quite a while. I was just naming those popular IPs that would belong to the pool of "non slashers". I continue to believe that Beetlejuice and Creepshow are very likely given what we know about the type of IPs coming this year (not timely, not slasher, clues).

You mentioned an anniversary house?
No, she's still getting the show lol, they aren't giving her a house, Hollywood I think still is but everything is going to be very different, this year will be a different anniversary year that some people will like and others not so much, also was going to say that, what if they didn't bring Jack either and this year would feel like an out of place anniversary year with no icon, there could be an anniversary house, it's not ruled out.
Anniversary house doesn’t automatically mean Jack. An anniversary doesn’t automatically mean an icon either. But I didn’t say there wouldn’t be an icon.

Again, at this point, the event you’re expecting is not likely to be the event that you get.

Anniversary house doesn’t automatically mean Jack. An anniversary doesn’t automatically mean an icon either. But I didn’t say there wouldn’t be an icon.

Again, at this point, the event you’re expecting is not likely to be the event that you get.
What if some of us are expecting different things? Lol

Well, obviously. I’m just talking in generalities.

But, I’ll be frank (if what I’m hearing is completely accurate), I’m finding the year surprising.
Yeah I was mostly joking. Lol. The IP/original split people have been debating is mostly what I was referring to.

Hopefully surprising is a good thing.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
In all honesty, do you think it’s likely that this year happens? I’m not sure if you have information about that, but I think it’s worth asking
I have no info. And, logically, Universal won’t make a decision on that until June at the absolute earliest (more likely July). If a decision is made to alter/cancel the event, the announcement will come fast and loud. I don’t expect it to be something that insiders will find out that long before everyone else.

That’s why there’s no sense in worrying about it now.

In all honesty, do you think it’s likely that this year happens? I’m not sure if you have information about that, but I think it’s worth asking

Remember guys...

We need to drop the "Will Coronavirus/shutdowns impact this?". I understand it's tough with the elephant in the room. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". Leave the COVID talk to the appropriate threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further.

I'll take another throw of the dart, but more to get us back on course than actually get it right.

-Phineas and Ferb
-Perry the Platypus
-Giant Platypus
-Extinction
-Lizzy Caplan
-CASTLE ROCK

Reactions: shadowrama
I'll take another throw of the dart, but more to get us back on course than actually get it right.

-Phineas and Ferb
-Perry the Platypus
-Giant Platypus
-Extinction
-Lizzy Caplan
-CASTLE ROCK

Imma work off this for a minute...

-Phineas and Ferb
-Perry the Platypus
-Giant Platypus
-Extinction
-Armageddon is a movie about extinction