The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy ya'll! Long time lurker first time poster here. I just wanted to circle back to the no doubt exhausting https://www.esotericpictures.com shenanigan. This forum is actually the first place I've seen it brought up, and yet not much discussion revolves around it. Are we so quick to assume it's just a fanmade hoax site? I'm almost wondering if it's a place holder, or the beginnings of something more, for HHN30. After all, the powers that be have been known to utilize special websites and marketing tactics in the past for the event...and given the complexities surrounding the event this year with covid19 it would seem an interesting move to create something like this that sparks the public interest and builds anticipation for the event...thus perhaps retaining the attendance numbers that might others dwindle if they just rolled out the event with no fanfare. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking from myself? Anyway, I got curious about the site and did some digging by way of pulling its code to see if I could find anything interesting tucked away there. Obviously I found a whole lot of nothing, which is slightly disappointing though I'm not sure what I was expecting. What I did find is that all of the graphics and other navigational bits of the site are hosted with reference to "Production 1273". I tried to do some research on HHN lore to see if there's a connection but had no luck. Anyone have thoughts? An interesting bit is that 1273 Production Plaza does happen to be the address for some of the creative offices at UO....and of course we know Esoteric Pictures has a footprint in the park with the gate near Horror and Makup. So either this is some serious fan just toying with us. Or these little clues will eventually weave together to something pretty cool for the event this year. Anyway, this post is way longer than intended....and a huge ramble now that I see it. But just my excited thoughts. I really hope the event happens in some capacity this year. But time will tell. Stay spooky folks!

Reactions: londonwerecat
Howdy ya'll! Long time lurker first time poster here. I just wanted to circle back to the no doubt exhausting https://www.esotericpictures.com shenanigan. This forum is actually the first place I've seen it brought up, and yet not much discussion revolves around it. Are we so quick to assume it's just a fanmade hoax site? I'm almost wondering if it's a place holder, or the beginnings of something more, for HHN30. After all, the powers that be have been known to utilize special websites and marketing tactics in the past for the event...and given the complexities surrounding the event this year with covid19 it would seem an interesting move to create something like this that sparks the public interest and builds anticipation for the event...thus perhaps retaining the attendance numbers that might others dwindle if they just rolled out the event with no fanfare. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking from myself? Anyway, I got curious about the site and did some digging by way of pulling its code to see if I could find anything interesting tucked away there. Obviously I found a whole lot of nothing, which is slightly disappointing though I'm not sure what I was expecting. What I did find is that all of the graphics and other navigational bits of the site are hosted with reference to "Production 1273". I tried to do some research on HHN lore to see if there's a connection but had no luck. Anyone have thoughts? An interesting bit is that 1273 Production Plaza does happen to be the address for some of the creative offices at UO....and of course we know Esoteric Pictures has a footprint in the park with the gate near Horror and Makup. So either this is some serious fan just toying with us. Or these little clues will eventually weave together to something pretty cool for the event this year. Anyway, this post is way longer than intended....and a huge ramble now that I see it. But just my excited thoughts. I really hope the event happens in some capacity this year. But time will tell. Stay spooky folks!
I think those documents were made by a fan with the rumors going around.

I think those documents were made by a fan with the rumors going around.
You're most likely right. I've probably just been watching too many crime documentaries during quarantine and my inner detective is besting me. Haha. Regardless, I shot off a quick email to the websites admin just to see what kind of response I'd get if any. Sorta hoping for an interesting reply.

An actual HHN Site at this point is not posting pictures of their own production docs and then deleting them, especially the IPs.

Must have missed that happening. Interesting.

They posted what seemed to be authentic HHN transcripts and then deleted them themselves it seems all without Uni ever taking them down. I think it’s just an art showcase site of sorts doing a...”publicity stunt”.

They posted what seemed to be authentic HHN transcripts and then deleted them themselves it seems all without Uni ever taking them down. I think it’s just an art showcase site of sorts doing a...”publicity stunt”.
Does anyone have screenshots of these?

I said this before but WHOIS data shows it's private while all other WHOIS data for UOR and HHN sites go to NBCU. Even if NBCU wouldn't want to register it for "secrecy" there are many third-party companies who do viral marketing or ARGs that could register it for them.

Is it possible they were planning on TC just being a zone in NY? I would hope they do it whenever they’re allowed to do zones again.

IDK, for some reason I can't get into the idea of Bedtime Stories out of suspicion it's just going to be a Scary Tales copy.

Last edited:
Is it possible they were planning on TC just being a zone in NY? I would hope they do it whenever they’re allowed to do zones again.

IDK, for some reason I can't get into the idea of Bedtime Stories out of suspicion it's just going to be a Scary Tales copy.
Honestly I think Bedtime Stories will be very different from what any of us are expecting

If we do get an "Original retrospective" Anniversary house, Swamp Yeti's are a must. I'd say they were the most iconic original house monster of the past 5 years. Doesn't hurt that they appeared twice (and stole the show both times imo).

My top picks for original roles from each year, at least for the purposes of an anniversary house. (Not including Yeti's for either 28 or 29)

26: Chance, maybe a cameo from Amut from TotA.
27: Scarecrows are another definite. Maybe Bones as well?
28: I think the Wicked Witch and/or a Clicker from Seeds would be really cool to see come back.
29: Maybe the Grinner or Punk from Graveyard and/or a New Nightingale? I know one thing for sure though, you're not gonna see any Mouthbrooders this year. Pretty sure those costumes were scarier for the actor than it ever was for the guests. :lol:

If we do get an "Original retrospective" Anniversary house, Swamp Yeti's are a must. I'd say they were the most iconic original house monster of the past 5 years. Doesn't hurt that they appeared twice (and stole the show both times imo).

My top picks for original roles from each year, at least for the purposes of an anniversary house. (Not including Yeti's for either 28 or 29)

28: I think the Wicked Witch and/or a Clicker from Seeds would be really cool to see come back.
29: Maybe the Grinner or Punk from Graveyard and/or a New Nightingale? I know one thing for sure though, you're not gonna see any Mouthbrooders this year. Pretty sure those costumes were scarier for the actor than it ever was for the guests. :lol:

Dollhouse, Ghost Town (first one wasn’t in M&M), Dead Waters, Scarecrow, and Slaughter Sinema (likely Swamp Yetis) are most likely IMO. I’ve made my feelings on another anniversary house quite clear, of course. If one happens, an icon mashup would be the best way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaceBagman
Dollhouse, Ghost Town (first one wasn’t in M&M), Dead Waters, Scarecrow, and Slaughter Sinema (likely Swamp Yetis) are most likely IMO. I’ve made my feelings on another anniversary house quite clear, of course. If one happens, an icon mashup would be the best way to go.
I think anything Slaughter Sinema would be great (ye-ti, Ye-Ti, YE-TI!!) , I thought dead waters looked amazing, and going back to the post before Seeds would be a welcome sight and also thought the mouth brooders were cool, for us anyway. I wouldn’t want to get in that thing. If it comes down to Universal cutting costs to make this happen I would be content with all old originals. They have enough great ones to make it happen and there’s probably a lot of years even the most die hard of us have missed and personally in the last 3 years there’s a couple I’ve missed due to long lines. Dead exposure and scarecrow, which I heard were excellent, I had to miss even though I attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one happens, an icon mashup would be the best way to go.

100 percent this. I'm personally particular to the Caretaker, Director, and Usher. But after admiring the event from afar for years and taking the leap for the first time in 2018, I dream of the day I'll be able to see any of the Icons in person. I admit I'm probably not in a demographic large enough for Universal to worry about though, and probably of a certain mindset that is just of ages past, sadly.

Not an icon, but I'd even settle for a Meaty Meetz cameo, tbh... :)

I love I’m not the only one that called them clickers in seeds

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
I love I’m not the only one that called them clickers in seeds

SoX was the best house at 28 IMO. But I don’t think it got good enough reception to realistically be revisited.

The thing is: if we’re only allowed four originals like TPU says (whenever HHN happens next at a reasonable operating level) I would prefer they not waste a spot on a house that just rehashes individual scenes from the recent past. Just not exciting to me. If we’re allowed five, then okay. Would still prefer a house completely devoted to the icons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.