The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 381 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is horribly off topic and I apologize for that, not sure where else to ask this. Will happily delete if I get a response.

I'm in the midst of designing a House and really need reference to how ceilings/high framework are done. Can't find much in regards to this as it's such a niche question. Hoping someone more experienced in the field could help out. Again, sorry for such an off topic post. I'll delete if asked.
Typically, the walls and cross-frames/ceiling panels are 10 feet high.

Not necessarily. Universal doesn't have the best track record with 3d houses. I've experienced six of them. One was awesome. Two were decent and the other three ranged from sub-par to just plain awful. Though, leaving corona concerns to the side, we are kind of due for another.

1. The In-Between
-------
2. Asylum in Wonderland 3D
3. Jack's Funhouse
-------
4. Penn & Teller
5. Lunatic's Playground 3D
6. Afterlife: Death's Vengeance
Maybe it’s because I’m a huge Chance fan and viewed that house through rose-tinted glasses, but I loved Lunatic’s Playground. Then again, 26 was my first year and that was the only 3D house I experienced.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I too love 3D houses. The In Between was one of my all time favorites, we went early in the event and the first night we went, the "reflective floor room" was insanely awesome. We stay for a full week and by the time we went like the following Friday or whatever, the floor was so scuffed up that it completely killed the effect of that room. Such a shame. Sounds like they gave up polishing/buffing the floor pretty early on so people who went later in the event didn't get the trippy "suspended in the air while walking" affect.

But correct me if I'm wrong, don't they give you disposable 3D glasses? I probably have like 10 pairs of them buried in a drawer somewhere and never thought they were to be reused by other guests. Don't remember a collection basket or anything for them or remember ever getting a pair that wasn't perfectly and tightly folded up brand new....or perfectly flat and never folded. Never got a pair that I felt had been used before.

If they got slightly better constructed glasses (just a bit firmer cardboard) and gave them to you as you entered the event and told you they were optional to wear in the 3D house or Rooms and called them a souvenir, other than scumbags who throw all their garbage on the ground I don't see any problem associated with the pandemic with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Universal has proven (to me) that they are capable of producing an awesome 3d house. But, typically the 3d houses are low-budget houses. I think it's an uphill battle to create a great 3d haunt, as many come across as just using a gimmick to hide lackluster sets.

There's only one that jumps out at me. One that I would label "comedy."

I assume you mean Beetlejuice? Keep in mind I’m talking about “campiness” as well, since TCM2 or an original take on it like Blood Brothers is rumored. And that from what I can tell was quite campy. Plus LitC and Jack always provide humor too. ;)

Sorry guys this is a little off topic but I just want to know what your thoughts on the lineup as a whole. Personally I think it’s good not great there is some stuff I’m really excited for others not so much. I kind of wished for more classics for the 30th anniversary. like the thing, hellraiser, evil dead the original etc. also in my opinion I think this year would have been better with gremlins and if they switched Billie ellish to iron maiden and switched the bride to creature from the black lagoon or the mummy but those are just my thoughts. What are yours?
That’s what one would call “a radical interpretation of the text.”

Could also simply be a guy listing the stuff he didn’t like as much, and substituting stuff he likes more. Which is literally what it was.

Not everything has a subtext...
I thought we had agreed not to start drama on purpose anymore. Did no one read the huge argument a couple pages back?

This is the type of post, to this particular thread, that is just useless fodder. Some of these points have already been stated by the user, it's in the wrong thread, and none of the things that he's listing are on the current speculation maps, nor have they been discussed since the beginning of this year's thread. There are about 15 concepts that we're currently floating to go into 10 houses and to state that you'd like to replace those things with something else, again, doesn't work here. Now, if we're going in the scarezone direction, maybe some of these ideas and how they could be executed as a whole could work, but other than that, it's not beneficial to this topic.

Last edited:
Do you guys know about if you stay at a universal hotel, you are more likely to get in or not? If they are doing the reservation system?

Ok guys, let's stop comparing the sizes of our vortex tunnels...

Now, if we're going in the scarezone direction, maybe some of these ideas and how they could be executed as a whole could work, but other than that, it's not beneficial to this topic.

Waaaait.........

Iron Maiden Scare Zone confirmed?? :bow::deadhorse:

Serious note: I just booked my stay for the 22nd through the 2nd over the weekend. I decided to go with the package deal and snag a BOGO in that bundle just in case FFPs fall through in the coming months. Always better to overprepare!

I wonder if there will be any room left in the anniversary collective house for representing popular scare zones in their own scene or 2? Whether it be the sins from 7, Evil's Roots, Dead Man's Wharf, Invasion, or the Vamp zones?

Waaaait.........

Serious note: I just booked my stay for the 22nd through the 2nd over the weekend. I decided to go with the package deal and snag a BOGO in that bundle just in case FFPs fall through in the coming months. Always better to overprepare!

I wonder if there will be any room left in the anniversary collective house for representing popular scare zones in their own scene or 2? Whether it be the sins from 7, Evil's Roots, Dead Man's Wharf, Invasion, or the Vamp zones?

Scarezones have never really been in the ani houses.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a stage based ani scarezone where each stage is a popular zone or something of the sort.

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
Do you guys know about if you stay at a universal hotel, you are more likely to get in or not? If they are doing the reservation system?
You get in through the side gate (Blue Man Group) early - like at 5:30. And you get right up to the rope at main street. It still doesn't drop until 6, but the big benefit is that you've already had your ticket scanned and you can run directly to Shrek (or whatever path you decide to take). As far as how it would affect your status through the reservation system, that's yet to be determined. I don't think much is known about that yet.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover

Waaaait.........

I would love an iron maiden scarezone it would be awesome to see all the different variations of Eddie throughout the zone. Also does anyone have an idea of what scarezones might be coming this year?

Reactions: Gary lazereyes
I would love an iron maiden scarezone it would be awesome to see all the different variations of Eddie throughout the zone. Also does anyone have an idea of what scarezones might be coming this year?

No one is going to know anything about scarezones for a while longer, even the “source” people. That info already comes later and the info we’d already have is going to be way later officially.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m hopeful this post is allowable. I’m just wanting to know what people’s thoughts are if they cut stuff in face, SIF, for how they will handle transitions from room to room. If you think about I don’t think the event has ever had a house without a curtain or something you had to walk through. Fog seems like the obvious choice, but I know there are some rumors floating around of fog being cut. I would believe that when I see it.

I’m hopeful this post is allowable. I’m just wanting to know what people’s thoughts are if they cut stuff in face, SIF, for how they will handle transitions from room to room. If you think about I don’t think the event has ever had a house without a curtain or something you had to walk through. Fog seems like the obvious choice, but I know there are some rumors floating around of fog being cut. I would believe that when I see it.
I expect any surface that “requires” or “encourages” a guest to physically touch it to not be used this year. That means no SIF. No GATs. No curtains between scenes. It’s just going to be a weird year in that regard.

I have a feeling your right. It’s going to feel awkward. Do you think they will use Fog. They could always use fog that has light shining through it.

I expect any surface that “requires” or “encourages” a guest to physically touch it to not be used this year. That means no SIF. No GATs. No curtains between scenes. It’s just going to be a weird year in that regard.

I'm curious to see how Express may be handled this year if the "app telling you what to do" actually happens. If the app stuff actually happens, I think we may see a nice-sized spike in Express price this year.

my understanding is that they will not increase the prices significantly on tours and express. They are needing to make up revenue. I have heard this from several people, but of course it may change once final operation details are ironed out.

I'm curious to see how Express may be handled this year if the "app telling you what to do" actually happens. If the app stuff actually happens, I think we may see a nice-sized spike in Express price this year.

I mean we’ve seen houses in the past that barely used SIF, curtains, etc. The first one that comes to my mind is Slaughter Sinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.