The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the new speculated lineup, I'd be totally fine with this house list if it's all confirmed true. (As usual, nothing is confirmed until Uni says so.)
I can see how @Ringwraith has mentioned the lineup has a indie horror festival/home-made kind of vibe, and each of the IP's and originals definitely have their own unique potentials.

Regarding TCM 3D, I'm honestly not opposed to this. Is the film a trainwreck? Yes! But that doesn't mean the house itself is gonna' be bad, after all there's been good films/shows that had lackluster houses. It really comes to overall execution, and TCM 3D does provide a nice amount of settings and unique kills to play with. An if you wanna' bring continuity into the equation, TCM 3D is taken as a direct sequel to the original film...which was the last TCM house Orlando has done. All in all, I can see this being a nice Dark Horse/Sleeper if it's done well. (Now with SotL being the house they didn't get, while it would've been interesting to see how they do that film as a house, personally it's a IP that's not really high on my list to see as a house.)

As for HHN Icons, I'm intrigued to see what angle they would go with it. Are they gonna' try to incorporate some more past house references from whatever respective years for each Icon they feature? Or will they go in a really original route with creating fitting scenes for a Icon to play in?

Finally, for Mannequin/Puppet Theater, considering Mannequin's are one of the few things which can truly creep me out when done right...there is really no other house that I'll be highly anticipating and downright DREADING to see. Seriously, this is a giant YES/NOPE for me.

So with the new speculated lineup, I'd be totally fine with this house list if it's all confirmed true. (As usual, nothing is confirmed until Uni says so.)
I can see how @Ringwraith has mentioned the lineup has a indie horror festival/home-made kind of vibe, and each of the IP's and originals definitely have their own unique potentials.

Regarding TCM 3D, I'm honestly not opposed to this. Is the film a trainwreck? Yes! But that doesn't mean the house itself is gonna' be bad, after all there's been good films/shows that had lackluster houses. It really comes to overall execution, and TCM 3D does provide a nice amount of settings and unique kills to play with. An if you wanna' bring continuity into the equation, TCM 3D is taken as a direct sequel to the original film...which was the last TCM house Orlando has done. All in all, I can see this being a nice Dark Horse/Sleeper if it's done well. (Now with SotL being the house they didn't get, while it would've been interesting to see how they do that film as a house, personally it's a IP that's not really high on my list to see as a house.)

As for HHN Icons, I'm intrigued to see what angle they would go with it. Are they gonna' try to incorporate some more past house references from whatever respective years for each Icon they feature? Or will they go in a really original route with creating fitting scenes for a Icon to play in?

Finally, for Mannequin/Puppet Theater, considering Mannequin's are one of the few things which can truly creep me out when done right...there is really no other house that I'll be highly anticipating and downright DREADING to see. Seriously, this is a giant YES/NOPE for me.
I honestly think that the puppet theater has great potential. I hope there’s a reference to Tourist Trap in it. I’m exactly really excited for the lineup now! Also Billie is starting to sound good.

I mean I thought Texas 3D is one of the better Texas movies lol completely agree with the theater one I’m hoping it has some dead silence kinda vibes to it!

I believe it was at the Q&A that Blake Braswell had spoken about Anarch-cade's "Backstory" as being a post-apocalyptic society where all they found were parts of a functioning 80s arcade and worshiped it and built a society around it. I mean the idea seems cool on paper but in the zone was not very well executed, maybe as a house could be promising but I'm abit 80s-out atm, definitely wanna see a new theme coming with the originals next year, hopefully a newer age of darkness or something lol.

I would love to see Creepshow, after going to California's event this year and seeing that maze, I was very impressed, I think it would be really cool to have it coming over to our event and seeing what kind of effects would be used in our version of the house than theirs. We've seen what they could do with Universal Monsters and it was truly awesome, I'm sure they could pull some great effects with CS.
What do you remember specifically about the Creepshow maze that you liked. I would have loved to see it. Did you need to watch the show to enjoy it? Yes

Believe me or don’t... it will come out soon enough and you all will see I’m accurate.
Today the HHN 30 tv spot started filming in the sound stages. Following information is from someone I know who was on set today helping with production.
1. Don’t know exactly if it’s the main commercial, however seems to be.
2. Setting is jack walking slowly down a hallway in a prison/jail. Talking about how he escaped from the box. (Which personally I think is starting to be over used)
3. Icons/ old HHN characters walking behind him later on.
4. the “bent neck lady” was apart of today’s production but was shot separately.
5. jack is in his 25 outfit but with a little revamping/ new things.
6. other icons that were seen were the usher, Cindy, eddie and chance.
7. production is supposed to go until Wednesday.
8.Jack did lots of different takes saying different things. He did mention something along the Lines of “Aw social distancing” (personally don’t think that’ll end up getting used)
9. He has a victim that is a guard. It seems very very similar to the shadybrook spot during 16. But again time will tell with this. But my friend gave me all of this information in detail.

This sounds like it might be more for the app experience that’s rumored.

Believe me or don’t... it will come out soon enough and you all will see I’m accurate.
Today the HHN 30 tv spot started filming in the sound stages. Following information is from someone I know who was on set today helping with production.
1. Don’t know exactly if it’s the main commercial, however seems to be.
2. Setting is jack walking slowly down a hallway in a prison/jail. Talking about how he escaped from the box. (Which personally I think is starting to be over used)
3. Icons/ old HHN characters walking behind him later on.
4. the “bent neck lady” was apart of today’s production but was shot separately.
5. jack is in his 25 outfit but with a little revamping/ new things.
6. other icons that were seen were the usher, Cindy, eddie and chance.
7. production is supposed to go until Wednesday.
8.Jack did lots of different takes saying different things. He did mention something along the Lines of “Aw social distancing” (personally don’t think that’ll end up getting used)
9. He has a victim that is a guard. It seems very very similar to the shadybrook spot during 16. But again time will tell with this. But my friend gave me all of this information in detail.

Darn and here I thought Twister might be coming back for a special HHN experience... :p

(I remember last year lamenting that it probably wasn't possible to revisit their Twister tech to represent S2 Mind Flayer in Stranger Things, but it was fun to dream anyways!)

Status
Not open for further replies.