Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider me blown away if they actually bring back Legendary Truth. Thought current HHN was pretty much abandoning everything, all that great lore they developed over all that time. Curious how much talk there is with meshing Legendary Truth with the story of Terra Cruentas.

Still having a hard time, either way, believing they would do anything like that. Again, maybe they will surprise me.

Last edited:
Consider me blown away if they actually bring back Legendary Truth. Thought current HHN was pretty much abandoning everything all that great lore they developed over all that time. Curious how much talk there is with meshing Legendary Truth with the story of Terra Cruentas.

Still having a hard time, either way, believing they would do anything like that. Again, maybe they will surprise me.
That’s why when the rumor started it was kept very quiet.

We learned last year exciting leaks cause big reactions. I know I plan to be far tighter lipped with specifics I learn about 30 (last year is fair game). I suspect other insiders will be also.

If Bill and Ted comes back, I'd expect a pretty bland, hamstrung version, as Uni apparently wants to stay away from that kind of edgy, topical humor moving forward.
I've heard edgier stuff being screamed by my neighbors when they lose Mario Kart. It's not that people don't want edgy stuff, they just don't blatant bigotry disguised as comedy. You can be edgy without relying on racism, transphobia, homophobia, etc. Personally, I don't think Bill and Ted ever did that in the shows I've seen, but then again I still chuckle at the homophobic jokes in the films.

I've heard edgier stuff being screamed by my neighbors when they lose Mario Kart. It's not that people don't want edgy stuff, they just don't blatant bigotry disguised as comedy. You can be edgy without relying on racism, transphobia, homophobia, etc. Personally, I don't think Bill and Ted ever did that in the shows I've seen, but then again I still chuckle at the homophobic jokes in the films.

The issue isn't so much "edgy" as "IP-infringing." Tho political humor that gets you lit up on either SJW Twitter or Fox News is also bad for business.

Don’t wanna beat a dead horse if this has been brought up a ton in HHN threads but I don’t follow them as frequently.

With Face The Music coming out next August, any chance at all or Bill and Ted returning? This was my first HHN and I found Academy of Villains to be good but nothing too great, wouldn’t hate a replacement for it as it doesn’t seem to be a fan favorite either

Ummm both times i saw the crowd was going absolutely bonkers :bonk:... and there were people doing call backs... (obviously not their first show)

It wasn’t the premise, it was the crass execution.
Crass execution is what turns something intended to be satire into something offensive. And, when they approached it, Bill and Ted cross that line more often than not.

There's a actually a lot of jokes they made, even in their final three years, that wouldn't fly anymore simply because society won't tolerate them now.

Crass execution is what turns something intended to be satire into something offensive. And, when they approached it, Bill and Ted cross that line more often than not.

There's a actually a lot of jokes they made, even in their final three years, that wouldn't fly anymore simply because society won't tolerate them now.

The “safe” humor, taking the piss out of authority, is ironically the least safe from a legal perspective. With Disney owning pop culture it’s hard to justify it. I think a B&T that is smart on who they target and make fun of can work.

I agree, but good writers and comics evolve with the times. You can still create a funny show without being crass; it just takes good writing. Also, I saw Horror Make Up show yesterday and am surprised some of their jokes are still allowed. So the idea that it’s completely taboo and doesn’t exist at UO is false.

Anyways, a B&T show isn’t coming back, but I do hope there’s a small nod to them next year.

So, here’s a #BaselessSpec post that is mix of personal wishlist, overreaching assumption, a tiny little bit of stuff I’ve heard through 29 and (already) about 30. More than anything I just want to post my wish list because I think it would be a killer event.

Houses:
IP
IP
IP
Terra Cruentes: For the Queen - This is the only house that matters to me. It’s been 15 years. It’s time to forge a new Gorewood blade and make the sacrifice.
Vamp: Time Twist - Let’s take Vamp, but visit a bunch of eras. The 20s! The 70s! The Wild West! Medieval! Roman! The Future! Why am I not working for Universal?!
Midway of the Bizarre - The original scarezone.
Invasion! - The aliens have returned, with help.
Field of Screams (or Harvest of Souls)
Night Maze - The zone was an attempt to do a blackout maze as a street that failed horribly. But, blackout houses work.
New Original

Zones:
Havoc (New York)
Nightingales (San Fran)
Scary Carey (Carey, OH Halloween festival) (Hollywood) - This is our “anniversary” zone, and pulls from all the Carey OH originals: Cleaver, Shadybrook, Hellgate, the Drive In, Legendary Truth, etc. This is what fans want.
Gothic (Production) - Bring back the flyers!!!
Seeds of Extinction (Central Park)
Using the houses as zones would be cool

For 30 my wishlist is that each icon gets a house like in 16. I wouldn’t complain but wouldn’t be happy with one anniversary house one zone and nothing else. I think some great new originals mixed with the amazing old ones and have IP zones with one anniversary one for characters not in the houses would be a great event for 30 and an easy transition for new management. A jack show is a must AOV will be there (I personally don’t care about it but would rather it be B&T). Water show was cool but I’d rather do the houses and walk the zones than watch the lagoon show.

My hope/wish list is that Beetlejuice and Scream do NOT sho:'(w up this year. Because I can't afford to go there in 2020 and am currently committed to taking a year off of HHN, but if those IPs show up I might not be able to resist...

Exactly this. I have no problem lighting up the MAGA crowd, but Uni is in the ticket-selling business, not the truth-to-power business. Although Gay Superman was garbage, both in concept and execution. Orlando never did anything on that level of garbage, but why chance it (pardon the pun)

Wait, are you talking about the ballroom zone from 24 or Vanity Ball? I'm getting my wires crossed as I try to follow the thread.
Orlando had a Gay Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.