"The Repository" VR House | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

"The Repository" VR House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It mentions that it is not meant for people who wear eyeglasses. Anyone know how restricting this is? My husband has thin wire frames but pretty thick lenses. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with VR headsets and this issue.

I've used two different VR headsets before. My glasses are thin frame as well. One was ok but a little tight. The PlayStation VR was comfortable to use. I did ask on the phone. That if I wasn't able to wear the headset with my glasses. I was told no refund. Which I do understand but there should be a pre-test to figure out if it's right for you before spending the money.

Got my tickets today. They were a bit disorganized (two different lines I had to call, one to pay and the other to reserve) but it is the first open day ... :).

I also wear glasses so am curious/concerned. I figured worse case I can take them off. My vision is only slightly poor. But I was surprised that glasses are an issue. Wasn't expecting that.

One of the guys who helped me with the sale said he has coworkers who previewed it. And he said they said it was terrific. For what it's worth. :)

Reactions: Joel
Got my tickets today. They were a bit disorganized (two different lines I had to call, one to pay and the other to reserve) but it is the first open day ... :).

I also wear glasses so am curious/concerned. I figured worse case I can take them off. My vision is only slightly poor. But I was surprised that glasses are an issue. Wasn't expecting that.

One of the guys who helped me with the sale said he has coworkers who previewed it. And he said they said it was terrific. For what it's worth. :)
Some headsets will fit glasses inside to a point. Gear vr at least has a focus knob and vive is fine if you are near sighted for the most part. It is very possible that this attraction will look fine for people with glasses.

Hhhmm, so even though I booked this and had my reservation times e-mail to me nearly 2 weeks ago, I've just received the following e-mail from Universal;

"Hello **************,

Thank you for choosing Universal Park Resorts and Vacations!

We see you purchased The Repository Virtual Reality Experience for a party of 2 and we would like to confirm what day you were visiting Halloween Horror Nights. Also, we would like to confirm what day and reservation time you would like to take part in The Repository Experience.

To ensure the reservation is confirmed for the right day, please respond to this email to provide the information requested above."

Just wanted to give an FYI to others to keep an eye on your inbox.

Reactions: Joel
Probably no soft open. This isn't like a ride, where you need a ton of time + people to give this proper testing. Probably just friends + family of UC doing small scale tests.

Yeah any kind of soft opening or testing would have to be something that's not publicly available. Otherwise they'll just understandably upset people who paid for this.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
30 minutes sounds pretty short. but then again how long can most people stand having that headset on? it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with that (Besides wanting to cram as many people as they can)

Having used a Vive headset, 30 mins of time with one on (especially for a newbie) will feel like a long length of time. Especially so in an intense 'horror' environment, i'd imagine.