Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"The Repository" VR House

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
“The Repository” is an exclusive, limited-time attraction that has guests joining a team of investigators, enter a centuries old, secret warehouse where mysterious artifacts have been collected and stored for hundreds of years. Advanced supernatural and paranormal devices are being tested using state-of-the-art technologies to determine the power these relics hold. You make your way through multiple rooms and find yourselves transported to various worlds in this personalized, mind-bending experience.

“The Repository” Virtual Reality Paranormal Experience Coming to Halloween Horror Nights 26 « Orlando United

I have an htc Vive at home. It is absolutely amazing. This will probably be a version of that with a custom backpack pc and trackers. I wonder how long the experience will be? I would guess 30-40 minutes.

Long time lurker, fist time poster. How many people will pay $50 for ONE house!? My family and I are going this year for the first time in years. I realize that many families have more of disposable income than I do, but $50 still sounds like a lot. This will not be on our to do list.

Long time lurker, fist time poster. How many people will pay $50 for ONE house!? My family and I are going this year for the first time in years. I realize that many families have more of disposable income than I do, but $50 still sounds like a lot. This will not be on our to do list.

I did the upcharge houses at Howl-O-Scream which was around the same price and I thought it was totally worth it.

I'm willing to bet a lot of people will, especially the FFP crowd

A lot. It's an add on to the event like Express or a tour.

For those wondering what this could be like check out The Verg's review of the Ghosybusters VR experience We tried Ghostbusters: Dimension, the world’s most immersive VR experience | The Verge

Thanks for your replies....I will live vicariously through others for this house.

Btw I have enjoyed everyone's banter on this thread as we have planned our trip this year. You all are quite entertaining!

Well I already broke the piggy bank and made the investment in express this year, so an extra like this is an automatic no from me, but not for lack of interest. Hoping to get a full report from some of you on how this turns out!

No offense, but a point of lot of people on here miss is that this is still a locals-oriented event. HHN doesn't target out-of-state stockbroker-dads like the $150 morning hours at MK. $50 is a lot of money to the 13-35 y.o. demographic in Orlando. Keep in mind half the nights you can get a full HHN ticket for about that price with a BK cup or Coke can.

This will sell out quickly opening weekend, probably do well with spillover its second weekend. But after that, if the reviews aren't strong, I don't see it lasting.

I'll prolly end up giving this a shot. Sounds interesting and I'm all for them trying something new. I bet there will be enough demand that tickets won't make it to the general public.

When I try to explain what this is to my already hesitant but dutifully attending HHN for the first time wife - OUT!

Seriously though, I think we're seeing a real glimpse of the future with this attraction. As in, 5+ years into the future of what theme parks will be hoping to achieve with VR in mainstream attractions, not necessarily even for HHN at all. 50 bucks for that experience will be well worth it to many on these boards (including me!)

This sounds cool, but yeah for $50 there's no way I'm going to be able to convince my friends to do it.
It's already so expensive I think up charges are kind of a slap in the face to the consumers but oh well. At least this isn't in place of the 9th house.

When I try to explain what this is to my already hesitant but dutifully attending HHN for the first time wife - OUT!

Seriously though, I think we're seeing a real glimpse of the future with this attraction. As in, 5+ years into the future of what theme parks will be hoping to achieve with VR in mainstream attractions, not necessarily even for HHN at all. 50 bucks for that experience will be well worth it to many on these boards (including me!)

I agree with your that this will play a large part of the theme park experience in the years to come. It is a way to play in your mind without punishing your body. The first time I saw the manhole coming at me in Spidey I knew it was on the way. It can let us old and broken do rides we wouldn't touch in real life.

But $50 for this today during HHN? I'll pass. I can live without it.