Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"The Repository" VR House

Thanks for this. Do you believe the Express Pass is given to cover the time you've used up doing the experience outside of HHN? Also, is it valid same night only, or for a week etc, and is it just for a HHN house?
Well it does certainly make up for the time spent in the house even more so if you use it wisely. I didn't really read over it but I would guess it was same night and would work for rides (although that probably wouldn't be a good use).

Did The Repository tonight and really enjoyed it. It appears that they've dumbed it down a bit based on feedback from the first couple of nights which made it easier to escape the final room. The $50 price tag is steep for what you get, but if you like Legendary Truth, doing something that most people won't get to do or have money to throw around then I definitely recommend it.

I'm honestly still up in the air about doing this. I mean don't get me wrong I really want to but funds are tight and I have to choose wisely during haunt season since there is so much to do. Also have to take into account 50 dollars for 30 mins or 50 dollars towards a night at Howl O Scream, Kids Halloween Event for my two youngsters, and so on. Still have a few weeks to decide though so we shall see.

Can anyone who has done this chime in on how the equipment works for those of us with glasses? :)

Going on October 20th.
It doesn't! My advice is get some contacts before you go. They made me take my glasses off. I wear fairly small glasses and from the way it fit around my eyes I don't think there are any glasses that would work under it. I couldn't see any of the VR stuff at all. That being said the VR is a fairly small component of the experience although necessary to complete the game. I still very much enjoyed my experience all the same.

Thanks for the reply! That was my worry. Luckily my prescription is pretty weak --- so I can likely survive without wearing glasses. Or maybe this will finally push me away from my "contact fear" that I've had for 40 years. Lol.

Thanks again.

I did the Repository two weeks ago and just wanted to chime in and say that it was just an ok experience. Try it if you have the money but I would recommend the scare actor dining instead. The sets and actor interaction are very well done plus the LT tie in was also neat but expected. The VR portion seemed more like a demo and not that well designed. I would compare it to being in three scenes from the MYST PC game. Everything was very static and while you could move around somewhat the interaction was very minimal. Basically pointing a stick towards random areas in the room to reveal a colored symbol. We did beat the simple puzzle at the end but even though it was simple it was confusing and rushed at the end. If I were to put a money value on it I think $25 would be more reasonable. Also if I were to rank it with the other houses at the event, which I did them multiple times, it would rank better than Lunatic's Playground but lower than all the rest. If anyone wants a rundown of what happens through out the house I can spoiler tag it and post it later. Least scary thing at the event this year in my opinion more atmospheric no jump scares. One last thing is you can hear AHS in the first few rooms and it is somewhat distracting from the actors performances.

So... just like everything else at HHN... only the people who go later in the run get the best experience.
Sometimes it works out the other way. There are a few things this year I'm glad I got to experience that have been removed. Of course the big difference here is you have to decide if the changes are worth spending another $50 (probably not).

Sometimes it works out the other way. There are a few things this year I'm glad I got to experience that have been removed. Of course the big difference here is you have to decide if the changes are worth spending another $50 (probably not).
I didn't know of anything being removed so far. Can you elaborate? We're taking our first and only trip to HHN next weekend and I'm curious to know what we'll be missing.

I didn't know of anything being removed so far. Can you elaborate? We're taking our first and only trip to HHN next weekend and I'm curious to know what we'll be missing.
Moving floor and split path in Tomb of the Ancients. The backwards crawling scene on the steps in Exosict is no longer moving and is now covered with a screen. Probably a few others but those are what come to mind. All small things.

Edit: Well after just going through ToA again, I guess I can add removal of the guest triggers to that list.

Also TCM, some of the fencing that was removed for the hurricane around the facade still hasn't been replaced, and the chicken on the dinner table is gone.

Last edited:
I've purposefully skipped to the end of this thread to avoid any spoilers or anything. My only question is, what is the consensus on this house? Is it worth paying the extra $50?

I've purposefully skipped to the end of this thread to avoid any spoilers or anything. My only question is, what is the consensus on this house? Is it worth paying the extra $50?
I think it's probably too subjective to say really, but for me personally, the whole thing interests me enough to justify having booked it at $50. It's an experience I've never had before and may potentially never get to experience in this way again, so I find it too attractive to avoid missing out on. You've just got to ask yourself if you feel the same way, as I've read such extremely different reviews on it at this point.
Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
some props or sets sometimes get destroyed by guests too. I remember the chucky house had stuff missing or damaged.
Yeah the general wear and tear starts to become very noticeable in the later weeks. To me the prime time to see houses is in the 2nd or 3rd week. At this point they've usually gotten whatever improvements they might be getting and generally not too much has been taken away or worn out yet.
My take is it was worth the money. After experiencing it $50 is a lot for what your getting. I can see the value in what they put into it though, but spending $50 for a 15 minute experience can be hard to swallow for some. I don't regret doing it, I will do it again next year.

Yeah the general wear and tear starts to become very noticeable in the later weeks. To me the prime time to see houses is in the 2nd or 3rd week. At this point they've usually gotten whatever improvements they might be getting and generally not too much has been taken away or worn out yet.
My take is it was worth the money. After experiencing it $50 is a lot for what your getting. I can see the value in what they put into it though, but spending $50 for a 15 minute experience can be hard to swallow for some. I don't regret doing it, I will do it again next year.

Thats good to hear. I'm doing it tonight and was afraid I wasted money.

I did is Friday Night/Saturday Morning at 12:15 and the only way I can rate it is mixed. The actual show scenes in the house are amazing. I was blown away by the Entertainment department and thought the sets, and what they were doing was some of the coolest stuff I had seen at Halloween Horror Nights. My issue comes with the VR. Since the cat is out of the bag, I participated in the T.E.S.T. last year and really enjoyed what I saw there. A lot of the same tech was implemented at Repository but my audio did not work for almost 3/4 of the VR. Without having audio I felt like I was having a bust of an experience and missed out of effects. It was to the point where I escalated it to Guest Services.