Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Rode this a couple weeks ago during Food & Wine Festival. The attraction could certainly use some updating. The posted wait time was 20 minutes but it was a walk on...literally nobody in the line.

I've never been to the Coral Reef restaurant so can't comment on that.

That article has some pretty outlandish proposals though. Turning the restaurant into hotel rooms? Adding a major E ticket ride on an expansion pad behind it?

Last edited:
The only time I've seen this ride above 15 minutes was Christmas week. What is going on over there? :lol:

The only time I've seen this ride above 15 minutes was Christmas week. What is going on over there? :lol:
It’s now one of the first rides people pass upon entry, vacation week and no Test Track as I said above is all I can think of. Future World is really sad right now, especially East. The only thing open over there is Mission: Space.

So, I rode this ride back in August 2022, and since I've gotten an AP, I've now been able to ride this a few times recently. This ride has been in some of the roughest shape of anything at Epcot for a long time now and that's such a shame to me.

The speakers are all either really quiet and inaudible, or improperly aligned/timed so the audio cues come late or bleed into other show scenes. The few animatronics that are here, which is pretty much only the Shark head and Kuka Arm with Marlin and the Anglerfish, are both inoperational. The projectors for the EAC Turtle scene are all really blurry, and also improperly aligned at the seams, which results in turtle heads not meeting with bodies as you're going down the hallway. When that is the only thing to look at for 15-20 seconds, it's pretty noticeably poor.

I know this ride isn't anyone's favorite, but I do think it's rather cool myself. I think a Finding Nemo dark ride is a really good idea and this works fine for that job, especially as a way to fill the empty space previously held by Hydrolators. The theming in the queue is really cool and subtle, the Nemo movie soundtracks are wonderful, and the finale with the Nemo characters swimming with the real fish is a really nice treat to cap the ride off. It's simple, and definitely made on a budget, but it works fine and is pretty fun imo. It's got some custom Pixar-made animation made for it too, which is really cool and looks wonderful when projected properly!

So it's a shame that Disney hasn't shown enough care to this ride to the point that in the past year, none of the problems that I've listed have been fixed. I noticed all of this back in 2022, and it's almost 2024. Nothing I've listed here should take more than a months closure to repair. It's so close to being really nice, it just needs some TLC.

So, this is a double post, but I feel like I should throw this out here because I'm not certain anyone else here will notice and it made me really happy to see! As of this past Wednesday, a good number of the issues that I talked about last month, and back in September 2022, have been fixed!

The Kuka arm with the Anglerfish and Marlin was working and the projectors were aligned correctly so the turtles moved between projections mostly seamlessly! I didn't mention it in my last post, but a month ago the moving belt at the end of the ride was sagging, and it's Manta Ray print pattern was all damaged by wear of people's tennis shoes. This time the end belt looked new with fresh, bright blue Manta patterns. The queue itself was a lot brighter too, I noticed murals I never had before and the projections there looked really clear.

The only really inaudible speaker now is the one in the first scene when you first leave the station, where Marlin is shouting for Nemo. Some others were a bit low but when you're in the middle of a scene it feels appropriately loud, at least enough to not interfere with nearby scenes. The shark head in the Bruce scene still doesn't move too much, but it is clear from some angles that the piston is still working, just giving very subtle movements. The turtle projections could still go for a full update, the scene does look fairly blurry, but with the now-proper alignment it works fine for what it is. The finale windows could've also used a good wipe-down, it seemed like most of them were at least slightly covered in skin oils and hand prints, but that's nothing a washcloth couldn't fix.

I'm just happy to see some obvious improvements to one of my favorite lower-tier attractions. They are all minor adjustments on their own, but all together they make a big difference in the quality for me.

Great to hear.....I kinda love this ride so excited when I visit next year it will be in better shape