Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

Personally asking; could it be best that we finally change the name of this thread to "Universal Blvd/The Walking Dead"? Just personally wondering, as it would make sense.

That said..some more honest thoughts. I think as much as people will hate me for this, I am perfectly fine with TWD being at the parks full-time. Its a IP that is still very popular; is in a venue that can change to a different IP than TWD, and its going to allow Universal to have Horror Nights thrive more. But, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the height of the building, I wonder if it'll be multi-level or single story? The queue inside for the attraction should be quite large, since there is no space for one outside.

I'm looking forward to this.  I definitely felt that something was missing when they removed the house of horrors, as cheesy as it was, so I am glad that they are replacing it with this.  Excited to hear more about it as news comes out.  

Because of the height of the building, I wonder if it'll be multi-level or single story? The queue inside for the attraction should be quite large, since there is no space for one outside.

Hmmm….I could see them doing an indoor themed queue in the vein of Reign of Terror in Thousand Oaks (Which is an outstanding haunt and should check it out this Fall). But realistically I could see them just using a lobby type queue like House of Horrors.

I did hear there would be a pre-show of Greg Nicatero talking about how they pull off some of the special effects and make-up in the series. 

It'll be single story. There was no second story infrastructure installed when the building went vertical (unless they were to use underground space). The queue for House of Horrors was relatively small. I am confident that the queue for this will be 2-3000 square feet and the rest will be attraction. Which still means this maze itself end up being over 4x the size of any standard HHN maze. It'll be nice and big.

I've never been much of a Walking Dead fan, but I'll try this out with an open mind. I really was hoping one of the classic Universal monsters would get some love if they were doing a year round haunt. 

I also enjoy the idea of a year round haunt.  I'm just a haunt fan in general, and I was always happy I could get my fix at the old House of Horrors, even after many repeat visits.  For me, half the fun is watching other people get scared, so it never really got old for me.

I do think the timing of it is a bit odd, as a "follow up" to Harry Potter.  Seems oddly anti-climatic to me, even as a haunt fan.  And I personally do feel Walking Dead is pretty overdone, but at the same time, it's always a very, very popular maze at HHN, and an immensely popular show with the GP... so I can see how they'd be justified in using it.

I wonder who will be making the Walker animatronics? Speaking of which the amount of damage the Mazes receive during HHN is ridiculous. How they will keep those animatronics from getting damaged by guests?