Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin

So, question about that rumored interior facade

Does it look anything like the Tribute Store at all?

I am still curious if those notes in the Tribute Store are tied to anything

Descriptions have mentioned locations like a witch cottage but it seems the point is that the Pumpkin Lord is spreading his vines and infecting all of it.

Self-replying to say that my interpretation here was quite a bit off actually, considering that

The witches and skeletons and stuff are actually in cahoots with The Pumpkin Lord as part of this large traditional Halloween cult instead of being "infected" by the Growth

Self-replying to say that my interpretation here was quite a bit off actually, considering that
The witches and skeletons and stuff are actually in cahoots with The Pumpkin Lord as part of this large traditional Halloween cult instead of being "infected" by the Growth

This is an all-timer for me. Perfect house. As far as the story goes…

My understanding is that we’re essentially touring through this town where members of this Halloween cult are looking for sacrifices to summon the pumpkin lord (spirit of Halloween, for all intents and purposes), and his vines grow throughout the setting showing his influence

Does Wicked Growth take place in Carey?? Tons of references to Sam Meetz and Caine Cemetery plus the reporter at the beginning says "Another body has been found on the outskirts of town, a victim of the ritualistic killing spree here in Carey."

Does Wicked Growth take place in Carey?? Tons of references to Sam Meetz and Caine Cemetery plus the reporter at the beginning says "Another body has been found on the outskirts of town, a victim of the ritualistic killing spree here in Carey."

Also one of SCarey’s facade audio bits is an ad for Mr.Carver’s Pumpkin Patch, which opens this house if I recall correctly.

Well, opening weekend Wicked Growth was too good for this world, it was never going to last.

Only Night 3: already three pumpkins have been smashed in. :enrage: At this rate, with the Broken Window Effect and all, by October half of them will be gone.

Also
the giant pumpkin head seemed down last night
and the Pumpkin Lord himself was MIA. Didn't feel like a cast change, but even if it was, hold up the crowd, like with the transformation scene in AWiL--that's the climactic finale to the house. Given obvious empty holes and BJ, I fear the worst.

I'll be honest, just depressed me, put a damper on the rest of my night. Why we can't have nice things and all that. But that first one is on A&D---you can't leave props within reach of unsupervised guests unless that stuff is indestructible.

I'll be honest, just depressed me, put a damper on the rest of my night. Why we can't have nice things and all that. But that first one is on A&D---you can't leave props within reach of unsupervised guests unless that stuff is indestructible.
That’s an asinine take. These houses are temporary. Is it unfortunate? Yeah. But come on.

With regards to missing roles, performers can step “off-stage” for any number of reasons not related to a cast change. If multiple but not all are missing, it’s not uncommon that it’s the result of a guest going through and hitting them. The holes in the house could have been because the performers were making statements or identifying guests at the exit.

That’s an asinine take. These houses are temporary. Is it unfortunate? Yeah. But come on.

With regards to missing roles, performers can step “off-stage” for any number of reasons not related to a cast change. If multiple but not all are missing, it’s not uncommon that it’s the result of a guest going through and hitting them. The holes in the house could have been because the performers were making statements or identifying guests at the exit.

Three days in, already showing damage. How's that going to look in two months?

Some extra deets on the story from our R.I.P. guide:

The witches near the end are the masterminds of the ritual for summoning the Pumpkin Lord.

Well, opening weekend Wicked Growth was too good for this world, it was never going to last.

Only Night 3: already three pumpkins have been smashed in. :enrage: At this rate, with the Broken Window Effect and all, by October half of them will be gone.

Also
the giant pumpkin head seemed down last night
and the Pumpkin Lord himself was MIA. Didn't feel like a cast change, but even if it was, hold up the crowd, like with the transformation scene in AWiL--that's the climactic finale to the house. Given obvious empty holes and BJ, I fear the worst.

the giant spoiler and the pumpkin king were working and present at 12:50 last night. I saw both.

Same as every other house.
Eh, I actually disagree there. If he's talking about pumpkins at the facade, this is really the only house at the event with props at the facade that can actually be broken fairly easily. Most facades are far away from guests reach so they won't see damage at all. Sure, inside the house always gets roughed up, but the facade for this house is going to be hard to maintain.

I do agree with you though that a performer could've stepped off for getting hit, they were having costume issues, they had a health issue - literally anything. Is it possible the role wasn't filled for the cast? Sure, but being that it's the finale, they usually will move people around from lesser needed spots in order to fill a finale spot if that spot is empty on the night due to a call out or whatever the case be.

A lot of the houses this year have great quotes. Both this house and Bride are great because of the voice overs. I love the Witch's opening lines of the house with the "PUMPKIN LORD!", however the line delivery of "I'am the pretty one... yeeesss" is so memorable and gives this house a lot of character. Anyone else have any other small moments in this house that gives you so much Halloween joy (because there is a lot of moments to choose from IMO)?

This is probably my all-time favorite house. I love everything about it. And I don't even know why, but I got so much joy out of hearing the witch scream, "the Pumpkin Lord, he grows Halloween!" while waiting to enter the house every time.

This house made HHN worth attending this year. Best house since Scarecrow and a top 3 of my nine years of attending.

A&D needs to run with the Pumpkin Lord as the icon/host for HHN 31 or at least give it a scarezone next year. The story is too good not to have it spill out into the event for 31.

Assuming you're referring to the facade and entrance tunnel, I looked my hardest yesterday and couldn't find a single smashed pumpkin. Not sure if they got replaced or if I'm completely blind, but :shrug: