The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Somebody put on the #potterwatch tweets that the ride is down now for 1-2 hours.

Actually, this is what I have heard is the problem with the ride and probably the only reason softs have not started yet. When the ride is running, everything works great! But, when it does go down, it takes hours to get it cycling normally again.

Actually, this is what I have heard is the problem with the ride and probably the only reason softs have not started yet. When the ride is running, everything works great! But, when it does go down, it takes hours to get it cycling normally again.

Ah, Test Track

I see... so is it ranked a 4 or a 5 on the internationally recognised Rockitt breakdown scale :)

Just having a vision of the drama on here if it does habitually breakdown.

Last edited:

The evac for this sucker is sooooo complicated too... so that adds to the time.

That scares me, so what will happen if they need to slow down the magic carpet to get a handicap person on (why a handicap would get on this I dunno) but would that shut the ride down?

Maybe they're actually testing the ride going down and the evac on the TM's right now. That would make sense to go ahead and do that today with a larger amount of people riding.

Maybe they're actually testing the ride going down and the evac on the TM's right now. That would make sense to go ahead and do that today with a larger amount of people riding.

This makes sense they always use TM's as guinea pigs for stuff like that. I would imagine a ride evac for this ride would take at least an hour, I mean 47 ride vehicles there has to be a special platform or program to drop them safely to the floor.

That scares me, so what will happen if they need to slow down the magic carpet to get a handicap person on (why a handicap would get on this I dunno) but would that shut the ride down?

Sooo someone lie me who has rhuemetoid arthritis and requires a wheelchair bur can still get in and out of a ride shouldn't get on this. I am waiting for when I go to see if friends and family tell me I can handle it but to the point. there are tons of people that need wheelchairs because of conditions like mine or other conditions where they are able to ride. SO THEY SHOULD be able to.

Also any word yet on if the rumors of 2 loading platforms were true because if so that would solve this problem in a heartbeat.

Sorry if it sounds like I got upset I just don't like people knockin others in wheelchairs when you have no idea what is wrong with them or how functional they are.

Now off of my soapbox
:look:

kickman there is nothing to worry about. Really people just because they slow stuff down for someone in a wheel chair doesn't mean the whole thing will break down for 3 hrs. because of it get a grip. I swear we're all losing our common sense marbles in the last hrs. just because people are riding it. I mean really people have been riding it for months so everyone take a deep breathe all shall be revealed soon

Yes, there are two confirmed loading platforms - one moving and one not. I can't confirm when the 2nd platform will go into use though. I also believe that the ride will restrict ECVs, meaning that you'll have to transfer into a manual push wheelchair to enter the queue. I got that from the TM previews.

brought me right out of lurkdome

This post brought me right out of lurkdome....

Sooo someone lie me who has rhuemetoid arthritis and requires a wheelchair bur can still get in and out of a ride shouldn't get on this. I am waiting for when I go to see if friends and family tell me I can handle it but to the point. there are tons of people that need wheelchairs because of conditions like mine or other conditions where they are able to ride. SO THEY SHOULD be able to.

Also any word yet on if the rumors of 2 loading platforms were true because if so that would solve this problem in a heartbeat.

Sorry if it sounds like I got upset I just don't like people knockin others in wheelchairs when you have no idea what is wrong with them or how functional they are.

Now off of my soapbox
:look:

Thank you for saying this!!!

There are a BUNCH of disabilities that may require someone to be in a wheelchair in the queue and still be able to ride. Someone with a spinal cord injury that is low enough to not be able to walk at all could still possibly be able to transfer from a wheelchair on to the ride and enjoy it like the rest of us.

Evacuation of a disabled person would take some time, though, I would imagine.

--- Update ---

Since I am out of lurkdome...can I ask a question? You guys seem to be in the know.

We have a family that is going on a Make a Wish trip BEFORE the Grand Opening, but I am hoping they will be having softs by then...

Can a TM tell me (or PM me, if I can get PM's yet?) how the Wish Families will get through the queue? They will have a specially issued card that should act as an express pass to all rides - and many of them simply can't wait in the regular queue - but will it even be possible for them to ride?

Some of these kids won't ever be back.

I participate in another forum where we have hundreds of Wish Families discussing trips, so any help you could give me would be great, I can pass the info on to the Wish Families.

This post brought me right out of lurkdome....

Thank you for saying this!!!

There are a BUNCH of disabilities that may require someone to be in a wheelchair in the queue and still be able to ride. Someone with a spinal cord injury that is low enough to not be able to walk at all could still possibly be able to transfer from a wheelchair on to the ride and enjoy it like the rest of us.

Evacuation of a disabled person would take some time, though, I would imagine.

--- Update ---

Since I am out of lurkdome...can I ask a question? You guys seem to be in the know.

We have a family that is going on a Make a Wish trip BEFORE the Grand Opening, but I am hoping they will be having softs by then...

Can a TM tell me (or PM me, if I can get PM's yet?) how the Wish Families will get through the queue? They will have a specially issued card that should act as an express pass to all rides - and many of them simply can't wait in the regular queue - but will it even be possible for them to ride?

Some of these kids won't ever be back.

I participate in another forum where we have hundreds of Wish Families discussing trips, so any help you could give me would be great, I can pass the info on to the Wish Families.

:lol:

Wow the backlash, I'm sorry if it came out harsh, that was not my intention, just saying if the ride is so sensitive to breakdowns easily I was wondering how the loading of handicap people would effect the ride.

And when I mean why would they ride this, 90% of handicaps are elderly people in the wheelchairs,that was my thought process on why an old person would get on a ride that has the rumored g forces this thing has.