The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 400 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Somebody I know wrote this on FB

"Just watched about three dozen guests walk backstage and head onto the potter queue and make it inside the building before anyone noticed and stopped them. Bravo universal!!!"

I bet anybody it was a group of AP holders and knowing UO they took there APs away and now wont see WWHP for a yr.

That is freaking nuts!! And this website is really slow today too.

We don't know if anyone was actually able to finish the complete ride since it went down so fast. :lol:

So I'm definitely not as excited. And I won't be tweeting people to ask how the first 10 seconds were. :rolleyes:

I think we can all agree that package holders will get screwed over. I mean look at how more complicated FJ's ride mechanics are then Rockit...They've got about 16 hrs to get this thing working and I don't see it happening. Ya, I'm sure it will open for Package holders tomorrow, but most likely it will do the same thing. I hate to say it but I think Uni has bitten off a bit more than it can chew..well at least in this time frame. Hopefully by the middle of June it gets more consistant. I wanna see what MARK WOODBURY has to say about today LMAO

I have three theories.

1. Universal knows employees have big mouths and they DO NOT want any information getting out until tomorrow (I have no clue why), but they had to test the evacuation process. So they used TMs to test this and figured only a few would actually see the entire ride.

2. FJ is just not stable and that is why it has taken so long for TM previews and why it broke down today

3. They haven't had issues with FJ, but wanted to do a high capacity test, but wanted to wait until the last minute. Hence the TM test today which failed. So this would mean they waited too long to do this test and again are not in a good position. Which if this is the case I think they do another TM test tonight after fixing this issue.

Hopefully it is #1, if not, I don't see it opening tomorrow for package holders. And if it does there is NO way it opens to anyone but package holders. Which since they are not checking in until tomorrow, Universal could decide to not open it until Saturday and not piss anyone off.

Last edited:
SUCH A SHAME, and I officially think that the HP cast DID NOT RIDE THE RIDE . Emma Watson- " I wanna ride the ride!" Mark Woodbury- "About the rideee...WELLL, YOU CAN STILL GO THROUGH THE QUEUE!" LOL

Maybe they got word that the boards were FLOODED with information that the TMs were getting a preview they decided to do an evac test, BUT they could have been doing evac tests with TMs working on the ride or area for a month already. They need to do that for a certification before they let anyone on the ride.

I legitimately think they ride broke down today and that does not bode well, hence why Briman said its a no go for tommorrow.

My gut is telling me something is up with FJ, as in the ride system, that is keeping them from running it continuously. My heart is telling me that it's just Uni doing some leak-control. My brain is telling me to check myself into Theme Park Rehab.

I think there's still a good chance that at leas the land will be open tomorrow and people will be able to walk around even if fj is still having problems tomorrow

Somebody I know wrote this on FB

"Just watched about three dozen guests walk backstage and head onto the potter queue and make it inside the building before anyone noticed and stopped them. Bravo universal!!!"

I bet anybody it was a group of AP holders and knowing UO they took there APs away and now wont see WWHP for a yr.

LOL...Don't think one of those was my daughter...Anyway, their field trip went well today to IOA but the kids were disappointed that WWOHP was still not open to the public. They said they could see the ride going (I assume the Hippograff?), Hogwarts, and the tops of the buildings, but that was all. Teacher says despite all the assuring that was given to her regarding a soft open for today's trip, WWOHP just didn't happen for them. She did say that tomorrow is what they told her now (not that it does them any good since they were there today). But again, who knows! They are at the park from open til close today and they got on about 8 rides so far. Not bad for what is bound to be a busy holiday weekend! Jurassic Park didn't open until after 2...What's up with that?

I don't think anyone could compare Everest to Mummy (or even a pothole for that matter)... I still think Mummy is awesome. Short...but awesome.

I thought some prominent forum members assured us that there wasn't anything wrong with the ride system? Maybe? Bueller?

This is just a theory of mine but as I wrote people sneak in FJ.. Just like people did for Fu^k it, i mean Rock it.. so as soon UO saw that they shut down the ride so no GP can see it.. Once again this is a theory of mine.

Also it says on the package site this..

◊ Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to Universal's Islands of Adventure regular scheduled park opening for Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations guests who purchase a vacation package including hotel and theme park tickets. Current offer valid 7 days a week for travel 6/18/10 - 12/31/10; valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Flight of the Hippogriff™, Dragon Challenge™ and The Cat in the Hat™. If technical problems arise or the opening of an attraction is delayed another Universal's Islands of Adventure attraction will open for Early Park Admission.

SUCH A SHAME, and I officially think that the HP cast DID NOT RIDE THE RIDE . Emma Watson- " I wanna ride the ride!" Mark Woodbury- "About the rideee...WELLL, YOU CAN STILL GO THROUGH THE QUEUE!" LOL

well...Do we know if the ride would require 3d glasses or anything? If so thats strange cause the movie cast didnt have any on...

if I have to go tomorrow and suffer another dissapointment, and then come saturday find out it opened and I'm working.... well suicide might not be too far behind. YOU HEAR THAT UNIVERSAL?! SUICIDE!!!!!! Get your **** together... :)

and I know that if I were to speak to an official at uni right now they would say "Well the grand opening isn't until June 18th" and to which I would say "SUCK IT, there is no reason this thing shouldn't be up and running at this point!"

Last edited:
I really hope Uni at least opens it up to Premier and other annual passholders. We spend a ton in that park on a yearly basis because every time we go we buy food, etc. So you would think they would want to not just keep hotel guests happy, but also keep AP people happy. Especially Premier people. If you are not going to have a AP preview then they shoud at least let us in to that area during softs.

Just my opinion. You would think Uni would care more about keeping AP holders happy....

My understading is that there will be several days for a passholder preview, but they have not yet been set in stone. I expect that you will have to make "reservations" like you did for previous HHN pre-parties, and will have to have your confirmation in order to get in. If I were a passholder, I would keep my eye on the Universal Passholder page. Several friends who are passholders have commented to me that communication from the passholder department is not always the greatest.