The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 599 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From UOR's Twitter:

116663804-97d7989c53aa37578a6f4e778b0c9ad4.4c19b9e0-scaled.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

--- Update ---

And another form UOR:

116664569-39ba3476b9e94d853f3f230c999f0c96.4c19b9e0-scaled.jpg

okay so i found a few minutes to go back a little bit and i found a few pics. they are great everyone. if anyone has any links to non-fj-queue galleries i would still love to see them. kthx.

wait

isnt it time to move the part 3 thread?
or are we waiting until after the grand opening?

wow, we are going to pass 800....

That's exactly how I feel too! We're flying out tomorrow and visiting IOA Monday, but it feels less real now than it did months ago! Won't feel really real until we land I don't think!
I know! And I've actually been to IOA and have seen parts of it from behind the walls...and it still doesn't feel like it's happening! I'm already planning what to pack away in my little backpack. I made a list so we don't forget a thing.

Harry Potter stars

Harry Potter stars help start opening ceremonies for the Wizarding World.
The stars of the Harry Potter films helped begin a beautiful fireworks show above Hogwarts Castle in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

The private event was the opening ceremony for events leading up to the grand opening on Friday morning, June 18, 2010. On stage were, above from left, Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). J.K. Rowling was also in attendance, but didn’t make any public appearances.
:happy::happy::happy:
p1050638.jpg

p1050653.jpg

904089032_pVUpY-L.jpg

904089899_iVeFE-L.jpg

904090000_BYCgc-L.jpg

904091618_Bvqdk-L.jpg

904091210_shLa8-L.jpg

904089293_Ba3yu-L.jpg

vía: Orlando Attractions Magazine

Ya know you are a Pottergeek when you can tell the twins apart. It use to be more difficult when they were younger but are looking more and more different as the years go by.

What song did they sing in karaoke? I have no sound on my computer.

--- Update ---

Nevermind. I finally saw some of the lyrics behind them while the camera jostled around. Twisted Sister. Nice. :lol:

@Blueprintsblog posted this an hour ago from in the park:

Dang. Then again, a week ago today, they said it would not be opened to the general public that day, only to have it open at 12:30. Maybe we can get the yellow shirts to carve "I must not tell lies" into the back of their hands.

Dang. Then again, a week ago today, they said it would not be opened to the general public that day, only to have it open at 12:30. Maybe we can get the yellow shirts to carve "I must not tell lies" into the back of their hands.

Nah, it's not happening. Last week was different. There is a large media event going on today involving the stars from the films and the big names who created the island.

Hotel guests have begun entering:

So lucky, the stars are still there.

Are the stars really still there? I would think the reason it was opening so late for package holders is because the stars were there this morning at 9:30 for interviews. I would think the stars are off to lunch themselves by now.