The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 613 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's some updates from @skubersky from 6 hours ago:

I haven't looked for more recent updates yet but if the line was only about 2 hours to get in WWoHP at 1 PM, it's probably much better now.

Thank you so much. I am trying to balance out how Monday will play. So that suggests that they finally balanced out and did not need a route the other direction around the entire park. Hm hm hm. UOR wants busy, but not yesterdays madness.

Heya guys, I'm feeling much better and I'm definitely ready for Monday. Is anyone else going? I'll be there very early just in case the line forms. I can't wait to go again. I'm sure I'll still cry like a baby again, haha.

So I'm looking through the Grand Opening thread to see what y'all were saying yesterday when I was there...saw a link to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXcPkBBh8UA
And what do you know...I'm in it XD I flipped out, but I'd already figured I'd be in at least one. I told my brother as we waited in line: "I'll bet we end up in ten videos, Chris."
I'm at about 32 or 33 seconds, hand on my hip, black shirt, black running shorts with white stripes.
Made my day!

--- Update ---

Just found myself in another video :lol:

By the way--I forgot to mention this in my review: for those who cannot get to Universal soon, forget to buy something in the park, or want to stock up before going: I heard an employee at Zonko's say that there will be an online store starting the 23rd of (presumably) this month. I can't verify this or anything, it's just what she told the woman in front of me who was asking about some item they didn't have stocked.
So there's hope yet for those looking for merch!

I have a friend who was down there today, so I asked him how FJ was and his text back was "Yeah its aight. The hulk is better and it isnt even the best rollercoaster ive been on.":rolleyes: I was mad at his bullish review but he knows nothing about harry potter so I let him slide plus i'll finally know for myself next friday.:happy:

Has anyone seen any videos of the Pygmy Puff naming from any media outlets? I've been looking, but I've come out empty handed. I've been looking for them to see if the taping of mine made it out into the world.

I have a friend who was down there today, so I asked him how FJ was and his text back was "Yeah its aight. The hulk is better and it isnt even the best rollercoaster ive been on.":rolleyes: I was mad at his bullish review but he knows nothing about harry potter so I let him slide plus i'll finally know for myself next friday.:happy:

Kinda aggravates me how people (who aren't theme park enthusiasts) can't appreciate the technology, detail, and effort that goes into an attraction. It's pretty sad, but that's probably 1 bad review in a million of great reviews. There's always got to be someone who has to have a problem with it.

Kinda aggravates me how people (who aren't theme park enthusiasts) can't appreciate the technology, detail, and effort that goes into an attraction. It's pretty sad, but that's probably 1 bad review in a million of great reviews. There's always got to be someone who has to have a problem with it.
Now, I haven't been on the ride yet, but I felt the queue was amazing in itself...I'm a huge HP nerd, but I think anyone could appreciate it. Again, haven't ridden, but everything I heard from visitors in the park was positive.

Oh ok, sorry, I'll keep looking for it for you though :)
Oh no! No need to say sorry! And thank you. I was ecstatic to see they were taping it...I was the last one they taped. Since I haven't found anything yet, I'm thinking it may have been Local 6 because they looked similar to the guys I saw later in the day from Local 6 and I know they are airing a special next week or something...
Too bad I'm not in Orlando! I'll just have to wait for the special to reach the internet.

--- Update ---

So still reading coverage from yesterday. Wow. Channel 9 WFTV is failing majorly. First, they called it "The Three Brooms" restaraunt...and they made a couple other mistakes. And now I read this: "Broomsticks start at $300. Yurick, from Fort Lauderdale, bought what's called a Morden Map for $69 and only serious Potter fans know what that is."
It's really hilarious. And the whole "only serious fans" thing is untrue. My mom is a very casual watcher of the movies, and if I said "Hey mom, what's that map that Harry got from Fred and George called?" She'd know straight away.
Also, they neglected to mention that the $10 price tag on Butterbeer is WITH the souvenir mug! Yes, it is expensive for a drink...but it isn't bad since you actually get a refillable souvenir with it as well. Most media outlets seem to be forgetting that you can buy a cup of it without paying that much :bang:

Last edited:
Alright just got back from a quick night trip to the WWoHP. Got there at 7:30 and there was no wait to get into the land. We headed straight for the FJ and we endured about a 90 minute wait. The ride was awesome as usual and all effects were working just in case anyone cared. After that we got in line at the butter beer cart and waited about 15-20 minutes to find out no frozen is available.

We then went inside the Three Broom Sticks for some dinner. We both got a frozen butter beer and fish and chips. We both agreed that the meal was quite good and that the service and order within the Broomsticks was top notch. I think this is the way all counter service should be done, its very organized. And yes even at 9:00 PM we still had to wait roughly 15 minutes to get through and be seated.

After we were done eating we attempted to go into Dervish and Banges but the line was to big and the rain had begun to pick up a little more. We stopped by Honey Dukes and Zonkos on the way out. I had already been but my wife loved the whole thing and has never seen or read anything Harry Potter. I can't wait to get back there I just love the whole thing. Everyone must get out there as soon as they can. Here are a couple of pictures from tonight, most are not as good as I wanted but due to rain I didn't really have the time to adjust to the darkness. Hope you enjoy anyways!

Oh also on a side note I forgot how awesome IOA is at night, I plan on taking advantage of later hours throughout the summer to experience not only Potter but all the other great attractions. On to the pictures...

16m8x1g.jpg

n34391.jpg

2rmmbf9.jpg

2uzt0u8.jpg

312zdef.jpg

1945cw.jpg

j8f60m.jpg

2ivismh.jpg

2zohdgl.jpg

jz7k34.jpg