The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 989 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately not. Looks like it's been scaled back to scenic paint on the back wall and foliage between it and JP. But we shall see.
It would be cool if the lockers themselves had a HP theme but the back wall facing the path was themed to JP so it doesmt look as jarring when passing by

To be fair, they hid a pretty large green power box on Hagrids with trees and it's pretty much invisible

Granted, you are wizzing by it pretty quickly
Yes, I recall many a complaint, before Hagrid's opening, that it would be a disaster distraction. As you said the trees, and the speed through that area, make it nearly invisible , unless you were trying really really hard to let it distract you.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Yes, I recall many a complaint, before Hagrid's opening, that it would be a disaster distraction. As you said the trees, and the speed through that area, make it nearly invisible , unless you were trying really really hard to let it distract you.

I'm a stickler for exposed infrastructure and show buildings, and I have no idea what you're talking about, so they clearly hid it well.

Oh god, I remember all of that...
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.55.54 PM.png

and to be fully honest, I even thought it might be a little distracting if you're looking for it, but it turns out that after 2 rides on Hagrid's I don't recall seeing any paths, boxes, etc.
Although we won't be going by it nearly as fast, I think some dense foliage and camouflaged paint should cover the new lockers well.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They seem to care a ton more about immersion in Potter than JP. They painted the nighttime show projectors next to the JP arch green and didn’t block them. Incredibly noticeable... then again, so is the castle.

Reactions: awhen
They seem to care a ton more about immersion in Potter than JP. They painted the nighttime show projectors next to the JP arch green and didn’t block them. Incredibly noticeable... then again, so is the castle.

That kind of thing makes me sad and wonder if the Wizarding World would be as good as it is if it weren’t contractually obligated to be.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
View attachment 12139

and to be fully honest, I even thought it might be a little distracting if you're looking for it, but it turns out that after 2 rides on Hagrid's I don't recall seeing any paths, boxes, etc.
Although we won't be going by it nearly as fast, I think some dense foliage and camouflaged paint should cover the new lockers well.
Yes, there was almost a daily uproar over it ruining the ride experience and immersion. :lol: .....Those always make me laugh since I never ever notice any of that stuff unless I read it from someone posting here...It's the, "if you stand on your head, making sure it's tilted 45 degrees, point north with you toes, and time it with the sun setting at 7:30PM on May 18th,you'll be able to see _ _ _ -, which completely destroys the immersion of attraction X.":lol:

I'm a stickler for exposed infrastructure and show buildings, and I have no idea what you're talking about, so they clearly hid it well.
I'm not going to tell you, because you wont be able to unsee it

View attachment 12139

I always picture a Disney fan tweeting this picture at Epcot in front of the Guardians building

We can hope, but on the other hand, Universal was clearly satisfied with the level intrusion of Hogwarts into Jurassic Park that already existed even before the locker project thinned out the remaining foliage buffer near the arch. What's to say they're really going to care that much about putting the buffer back?

I'm not going to tell you, because you wont be able to unsee it

I always picture a Disney fan tweeting this picture at Epcot in front of the Guardians building
That big blue building behind Guardians isn't part of Guardians. It's where they are going to store Spaceship Earth when they have to take it apart because of hurricanes.