The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 991 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That makes sense...The sign as it was would be right outside the clearance envelope of the car

It probably wouldn't be an issue, but if the ride ever swung differently it would be a problem

A smaller sign or a more simple design would be great
Pre-Hogsmeade, I only ever toured the park clockwise. Now, I start counterclockwise to head to Hogsmeade, then proceed clockwise from there.

Hence my annoyance with the removal of the JP arch, as that was always "my" entrance of the land!

Anything to strongly denote "Hey, an actual new land starts here!" would be welcome.

Yeah, this is why I would've rather they put Kong in Disaster's place and just re-themed Rockit to F&F. Probably my single biggest problem with Kong and why I have somewhat of a bias against it.

A look back at Google street view from 2009 shows that the arch was shockingly close to PF. I feel like they could sacrifice some seating at TFT and put an arch right there. Not perfect but I would gladly take it.

It seems I'm not the only one, but I'm having trouble groking what the line flow is supposed to look like with the new Forbidden Journey lockers. Perhaps the hivemind here can help enlighten me!

I haven't been to IOA in well over a year, but my recollection for the line then was as follows:

- Primary entrance was through the Hogwarts statues, but this was usually closed and you would be directed to the outdoor queue to the immediate left.

- The outdoor queue could be configured to be either long or short. Long would take you all the way back past the greenhouse, short would cut you over closer to the Anglia.

- Eventually you'd make it inside to the caves where the lockers are. Immediately past the lockers would be the Express or standard line split. However, nothing was ever in place that I saw that would prevent someone from entering the gift shop and going through chaos of the locker area and immediately to the line split, completely bypassing the outdoor queue. (Particularly helpful if you had Express!)

If I'm reading the construction pictures correctly, a new locker location is now being built in the outdoor queue? How the heck are the lines supposed to work with that in place? Or will the old lockers be kept for Express riders and they'll be routed directly there from the main Hogwart's statues entrance, and the standard line will start to the left of the Hogwart's statues at the outdoor queue? But then how would riders make their way back to the new lockers?

I'm totally confused!

It seems I'm not the only one, but I'm having trouble groking what the line flow is supposed to look like with the new Forbidden Journey lockers. Perhaps the hivemind here can help enlighten me!

I haven't been to IOA in well over a year, but my recollection for the line then was as follows:

- Primary entrance was through the Hogwarts statues, but this was usually closed and you would be directed to the outdoor queue to the immediate left.

- The outdoor queue could be configured to be either long or short. Long would take you all the way back past the greenhouse, short would cut you over closer to the Anglia.

- Eventually you'd make it inside to the caves where the lockers are. Immediately past the lockers would be the Express or standard line split. However, nothing was ever in place that I saw that would prevent someone from entering the gift shop and going through chaos of the locker area and immediately to the line split, completely bypassing the outdoor queue. (Particularly helpful if you had Express!)

If I'm reading the construction pictures correctly, a new locker location is now being built in the outdoor queue? How the heck are the lines supposed to work with that in place? Or will the old lockers be kept for Express riders and they'll be routed directly there from the main Hogwart's statues entrance, and the standard line will start to the left of the Hogwart's statues at the outdoor queue? But then how would riders make their way back to the new lockers?

I'm totally confused!
Same way they work on hagrids/mib, Put your things in the locker then proceed to entrance

I guess I'm still not quite clear on how it's really going to work, either.

Previously, I've entered the building immediately and gone directly to the current/previous locker location before proceeding to the greenhouse (mostly) through the interior.

So with the new lockers on the exterior and off to the left (as looking at Hogwarts), will people who need lockers be forced to double back and enter the building at the original spot, or will the new location also provide direct exterior access to rejoin the queue in the greenhouse?

I guess I'm still not quite clear on how it's really going to work, either.

Previously, I've entered the building immediately and gone directly to the current/previous locker location before proceeding to the greenhouse (mostly) through the interior.

So with the new lockers on the exterior and off to the left (as looking at Hogwarts), will people who need lockers be forced to double back and enter the building at the original spot, or will the new location also provide direct exterior access to rejoin the queue in the greenhouse?
my guess is that you'd have to double back to the main entrance....since single rider and express don't go near the greenhouse, they couldn't enter that way.

I'll be curious if this ends up impacting guest spending in Filch's Emporium; if a person puts their purse or wallet in a locker, they'd have to walk out to the locker and then all the way back into the shop if they wanted to buy something. Some might be more inclined to attempt to shop elsewhere rather than come back in.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
For today's Tenth Anniversary of the official opening of Potter at Universal,at Theme Park Insider.com, Robert Niles, has a nice salute article, quite lengthy. "An Oral History of the opening of Universal's Harry Potter Land" with interviews of Thierry Coup, Ric Florell, Alan Gilmore, Danielle Radcliffe, and Alyson Lundell concerning reactions to that GRANDEST OF GRAND Opening. A really good read. :thumbsup:...also video from TPI at the opening.

Last edited:
Golly, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going to so pretty. And I hear it will have special effects and stuff. Geeez... I am so excited about it. I wonder if the snow on the houses is real and how they do that? Shure confonds me. I kind a heard they are going to have what they call kuuky vehicles. That must be kinda like the kuuky vehicles on that cat in his hat ride. I like how they are making the rest of the park clean and purdy. I like clean and purdy. Kinda like they triple sweep it to remove any apparent dirts... I don't likes dirts and stuff... like I even triple sweep my puter. Yep, I sweep it kleen, triple sweep it. Shure takes a long time but we alls know those themey parks are cleaned all nite long!

I am so excited about this I just pee'd my pants! Gotta go fer now.
Looking through the early days of this thread to get a snippet of the mood of the IU posters before Potter opened. This is a gem of a 'playing around being silly' quote from our friend Teebin in 2010, who, if you read these early pages, along with Disneyhead, were key players in coaxing info on the new land. Anyway, this is a fun read.

I haven’t been paying attention for a while. But just watched Tim Trackers new video. When he was shooting the new lockers area... is the show building worse then ever before? Or was it always that bad in that spot? Did a bunch of trees vanish due to construction?

I haven’t been paying attention for a while. But just watched Tim Trackers new video. When he was shooting the new lockers area... is the show building worse then ever before? Or was it always that bad in that spot? Did a bunch of trees vanish due to construction?

A lot of foliage has been removed as part of the locker project.