Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

The UOR app says is running, though the wait time has jumped from 90mins to 150mins and I am 4,000 miles away, so don’t know in person.

Confirmed power outage...the reason why Hogsmeade and such was closed down. It's probably related to the work that is going on in Lost continent. There's some three phase electric service running through there and apparently they are changing some stuff for PF and what I'm hearing, the Sinbad theater as well. Apparently a new show is being formulated for that theater and electric servicing had to be changed to accommodate. Which would account for the outage in both parks for certain rides.

Confirmed power outage...the reason why Hogsmeade and such was closed down. It's probably related to the work that is going on in Lost continent. There's some three phase electric service running through there and apparently they are changing some stuff for PF and what I'm hearing, the Sinbad theater as well. Apparently a new show is being formulated for that theater and electric servicing had to be changed to accommodate. Which would account for the outage in both parks for certain rides.
I thought something blew behind Hagrid.

And I have not heard anything about a new show? Just figured they were gonna leave it vacant till they tear it down in like 5+ years.

I thought something blew behind Hagrid.

And I have not heard anything about a new show? Just figured they were gonna leave it vacant till they tear it down in like 5+ years.
I could be wrong Alicia, but I'd heard that from a somewhat reliable source about seven weeks ago. I hadn't heard anything more about it but it explains the outage. For all I know a transformer blew. Just wanted to sit on the info until something became more obvious. Maybe you can find out more than I?

Random question: yesterday, we had some strange audio glitches while riding Forbidden Journey. For instance, “Hagrid, the dragon!” was really echoey. Like repeated multiple times. BUT the interesting part was we heard parseltongue in the Chamber of Secrets by the basilisk skeleton.

We had never heard that before and didn’t hear it today when we rode again. Any ideas?

Random question: yesterday, we had some strange audio glitches while riding Forbidden Journey. For instance, “Hagrid, the dragon!” was really echoey. Like repeated multiple times. BUT the interesting part was we heard parseltongue in the Chamber of Secrets by the basilisk skeleton.

We had never heard that before and didn’t hear it today when we rode again. Any ideas?

Too many edibles? ;)

The parseltongue has always been present in that sequence, but if you were experiencing other audio issues, it's possible it was much more prominent on your ride.

Sounds like you were missing music and ambient sound channels. You heard the dragon line multiple times maybe because you were hearing the ones after yours too. Usually the wind noises cover that up, which you may have been missing. Same with the parseltongue. You could hear that probably because no ambient sound.

The exact same thing happened to me on Gringotts once. It was so weird to do that ride without music and sound effects. Just isolated dialogue. It was like watching that Tom Cruise Mummy trailer lol

I've experienced a lot of weird audio stuff on FJ in the past year. I've had it where the final cave sequence doesn't have foley or score multiple times, the only thing you can hear is Harry shouting. Dimentors has been absent of audio tracks as well but not nearly as often.

I've not heard Dragon foley in the first transition for awhile. I'm talking when the CGI Dragon turns to the camera and starts attacking you and then the KUKA shifts away from the screen and into the Practical set. I swear I remember it roaring and there being wing flapping/wind noise there, but I don't know if I am Mandela-ing that or not.

The one time I went on FJ in December there was zero music and some of the sound fx weren’t all there. Mostly just the dialogue was audible. Real weird.