The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 998 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've not heard Dragon foley in the first transition for awhile. I'm talking when the CGI Dragon turns to the camera and starts attacking you and then the KUKA shifts away from the screen and into the Practical set. I swear I remember it roaring and there being wing flapping/wind noise there, but I don't know if I am Mandela-ing that or not.
The current version, which is the remastered for 3D version (but it was never in 3D for us) has always not had a roar sound at the end. It’s so awkward. But the original did have different sound at that part. It changed a few years ago when they switched to 4K I think?

On one ride-through of Forbidden Journey in 2018, the audio jumped out of sync from the dragon scene onward after a few seconds of silence, and it remained out of sync for the rest of the ride.

Of the 10ish time I've been on FJ, that's the only audio anomaly I've encountered.

The current version, which is the remastered for 3D version (but it was never in 3D for us) has always not had a roar sound at the end. It’s so awkward. But the original did have different sound at that part. It changed a few years ago when they switched to 4K I think?

Yup, it's something that's bugged me for a bit. At a decade of this ride I hope it gets some TLC soon.

Reactions: Alicia and JoeCamel
Will be visiting the park in a few weeks for the first time and it’s pretty disappointing the hogwarts express will be closed. Of all the weeks to do maintenance, they choose the start of summer :'(

Will be visiting the park in a few weeks for the first time and it’s pretty disappointing the hogwarts express will be closed. Of all the weeks to do maintenance, they choose the start of summer :'(
I'm not sure what the closure is this time but in the past they have to resplice the cable or replace it on a regular basis. If that is what is happening now I think the cable dictates when it has to be addressed. When it runs out of adjustment you have to make the cable shorter.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Holy cow FJ really made me dizzy when I rode it on Saturday

I think I might be getting old

But the more I ride FJ the more I appreciate Gringotts

I probably wont be doing it again for a while tbh

The coasters don't bother me in the slightest and neither does Spidey, Fallon, etc

It was just FJ...very weird

Reactions: Universal 4 Life

The coasters don't bother me in the slightest and neither does Spidey, Fallon, etc

I had no problem for the first few years but now I seldom ride and when I do make sure to focus on the screen in front of me, if I look around I get nauseous

Reactions: shiekra38
I had no problem for the first few years but now I seldom ride and when I do make sure to focus on the screen in front of me, if I look around I get nauseous
That's only ever happened to me on Mission Space...and FJ was pretty tolerable

Glad to know I'm not the only one

I've always been told that it is because it is the only ride where your feet hang. In my experience it is the only ride that the people I am with consistently complain about motion sickness.

Reactions: shiekra38
Universal Orlando has debuted 2 new beers that are now available inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Daisyroot Draught and Dark Forest Ale.

Universal Orlando has debuted 2 new beers that are now available inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Daisyroot Draught and Dark Forest Ale.

Looks like I gotta stop by here during HHN next week! Is this in Hogsmede only or in both Diagon and Hogsmede?