The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any thoughts on when they'll start letting team members into the area to train? Probably not until around December I would guess?

Team members will surprisingly be granted their discounts for Potter merchandise starting on September 8. Maybe annual passholders will be able to apply their discounts, too.
I hope so, then I'll finally be able to get something!

Any thoughts on when they'll start letting team members into the area to train? Probably not until around December I would guess?
Some have been training for a long time now :)

Reactions: 12th Man and Aaron
There are people training inside FJ right now. At USH the process of getting a crew together to man a ride is a very long one. Sometimes goes up to 10 to 11 months prior to opening.

Oh cool! I had no idea. So then the ride itself should be pretty much complete at this time?
Keep in mind that FJ is a different beast altogether in the USH park operations. If anything, i'd be willing to bet the completion of Training for FJ would be around February and we still haven't seen Hippogriff start testing yet.

I'm extremely excited for the new FJ cast members :) Especially the ones that I know that are major Potter fans. They're literally in heaven. They were required to sign quite a few special nondisclosure agreements, and haven't even been allowed to disclose that they're even part of the FJ training team. So they're definitely pumped and basking in the secrecy! I can't wait till it opens. The genuinely excited opening day cast members will only help add to the authenticity of the land.

But it's no wonder they've already been testing for many months. It's not just a whole new beast for USH, it would be complicated and crazy for ANY park, let alone USH, which is mostly used to rather simple ride systems, simulators, and not too many physical props in the rides.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Why can't they say they're on the team? It's not like it's a new ride. It's a clone of Orlando's except it's 3D. Unless they've completely changed it and I don't know what I'm talking about and I'll shut up.

Doesn't matter if it's new or not.....if Universal decides to make you sign a nondisclosure contract, they must have their reasons. I think it's as simple as not wanting any pics from the inside leaked and a bit of secrecy. Even if the ride exists elsewhere and will be a 99% clone, they must have their reasons, and I'm sure they're very simple reasons.

Reactions: Aaron
...These two pictures from DanielTuero on twitter are amazing but the first one just takes the cake. It makes me feel we're not even dealing with Hollywood.

COp18WXUcAAQIBj.jpg

COp18WdUsAA08dr.jpg

Ah man, you beat me to that response haha!  I was just at the park today and Hogwarts is so beautiful with most of the scaffolding now down!  There's only some scaffolding at the very front and back of the Great Hall and a little bit of scaffolding on the right side of the rockwork.

IMG_0257.jpg

This one's from the Jurassic Parking lot:

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

The view is spectacular!

IMG_0242.jpg

And it looks like the Owlery is now inching towards completion:

IMG_0255.jpg

And the greenhouse is looking great!

IMG_0278.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks wonderful with most scaffolding down.  Park guests seemed to be taking note of Hogwarts more, too.  Prior to today I usually overheard, "What's that going to be?"  Today it was "It's Hogwarts, it's Hogwarts, oh my god oh my god oh my god!"

Hogsmeade_091215_1.jpg
Hogsmeade_091215_2.jpg

Many new small plants now in the ground, but more to go.

Hogsmeade_091215_3.jpg
Hogsmeade_091215_5.jpg

Queue through forest taking shape.

Hogsmeade_091215_6.jpg

Looks wonderful with most scaffolding down.  Park guests seemed to be taking note of Hogwarts more, too.  Prior to today I usually overheard, "What's that going to be?"  Today it was "It's Hogwarts, it's Hogwarts, oh my god oh my god oh my god!"

Hogsmeade_091215_2.jpg
Small observation:

Looks like the Frog Choir stage is officially up. Good to see this finally up but hope they'll do something to obscure the backside of Shrek.

I came across the Wikipedia Article for Hollywood's Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was written that the soft opening would be December 2015.  I don't know how true this is, as I haven't heard any word/ or have seen any sources about the soft opening, but since my Annual Pass expires on December 31st, it would be nice to be able to use the last of my current Annual Pass for WWOHP!

Last edited by a moderator: