The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When do we think the parking structure will be done? I've heard a few people say it could be ready by Grinchmas but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

When do we think the parking structure will be done? I've heard a few people say it could be ready by Grinchmas but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

I think that's just an assumption at this point. Not sure if any of us know for sure, but I would imagine that they'd want those parking structures done by Grinchmas to prepare for the crowds that'll swarm for the event. They seem fairly close to completion, anyway.

I know this isn't important for most but does anybody know what the new parking structure will be themed????? That's honestly the only thing I care about hahaha

I know this isn't important for most but does anybody know what the new parking structure will be themed????? That's honestly the only thing I care about hahaha
What do you mean about the theme?

That being said, i'm really excited of the fact that people are getting excited over Hogwarts rising (JPLA's post).

I was also curious if this new parking structure would be themed like the others. I assume it would be called Potter Parking, since it was practically made for that reason. 

I'm mean seriously though, Potter Parking is perfect. 

Hmm idk how I feel about Art Deco..... I was hoping for a character to make it easier to remember where I parked haha
Actually, my bad, my inside sources now say that the entire new parking garage is gonna be themed to Universal's increasingly popular Grab 'N Go Cafés.

;)

So, it'll be easy to remember where you parked!

Example: I parked at Pastrami 'N Cheddar 2A.

Reactions: Ryan
From way way way back it was slated to be a Minion themed parking garage. Not sure if they can do a Potter-themed parking garage per their contract with WB.

So I would count on "Minion parking" for now. Kevin, Stuart and Bob will mark your position.

Back on the Wizarding World, you won't be entering that land anytime in 2015 unless you're a construction worker, an employee or a high-level VIP. Honestly I wouldn't start Potter Watch until March 1st, although once Grinchmas wraps up you're gonna see an advertising bonanza start up. Expect a grand opening date announced just prior to Super Bowl 50, in which Universal will air a commercial for the land.

Lots of foolish people will start crowding around Potter probably as early as February, as that's when all scaffolding and construction will be non-existent from a guest's POV. It'll be a long winter, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
thought it was gonna be ET parking
You may be confused, it used to be E.T. parking. Most sites are still calling it that in construction/progress reports because there's no actual official name currently.

For the record, the plans I saw were from over three years ago so I have no actual clue, but themeing it to Minions is a no-brainer at this point. Especially for a parking garage so far out. However (and I think I said this before), they could also possibly redo the Curious George parking into Minions and make both themed or even have the far garage possibly be King Kong parking, which they still have at Orlando. (or even maybe the reverse)

...why am I talking about parking in the Potter thread?  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: