The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
due to the Gold pass's blackout dates, there is a more..possible release timeframe.

The weekend of April 7th to the 10th is the time that Wizarding World of Harry Potter seems most likely to open publicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris
Oh good... Potter possibly opening the weekend of my birthday.. how magical & wizard-like.. :wacko:

So my friend who is a Potter nerd & does artwork stuff for a living (painting, photo-shop, sculpting, prop building etc..) pointed out that the USH artwork has a flaw on it. Hogsmeade in the artwork is Orlando's Hogsmeade (which not really a big deal but.. still). The thing he pointed out was the Hogwarts flaw. When they enlarged the castle to make it a big focal point, they didn't erase the rest of the castle from above Hogsmeade. So the observatory appears twice.

2NXT27w.jpg

Not really a big deal & not noticeable to most (everyone), but thought it was amusing enough to share.

Reservation system has been comfirmed to me

Not announced yet obviously and im sure widely assumed here

Just thought id mention it though

To be fair, unlike Universal Japan, Orlando doesn't really use the reserved time system anymore. Actually they haven't for a while now. I'll have to ask one of my friends who works in that area when the last time they've had to use it. They have the designated area set up to get the return time pass in IOA over in JP, but as I said... I don't think they've had to use it in over 2 years or so. -shrugs- WWOHP/Diagon just get their surges with crowds like the other areas of the park throughout the day. Honestly, they didn't even have to use the reserved time system for Diagon Alley as far as I know... The crowds are pretty tolerable to non-existent depending on the day.

But yea.. USH will definitely be a different story entirely though. I'm very curious to see how its all going to work out here. The park doesn't exactly have very many places to put people. Ah the joys of being on a mountain & having expansion issues.

I just noticed that there are red blinking lights on Hogwarts. It could only be on the showbuilding but I really hope you won't be able to see them in the land.

If you can see it outside of WWOHP, you're going to see them within the land.... The lights being on the show building wouldn't entirely make sense due to the fact that the castle itself is the higher part. However, I'm surprised they would have built Hogwarts so high it'd require the lights. I know Disney World built Cinderella's Castle just shy of the "blinky light" requirement. So you'd think Universal would've done the same. -shrugs-

Are you sure you saw the lights on FJ and it wasn't something else getting in the way of the view? :unsure:

I'm 90% sure the lights were on the showbuilding. I was heading up Barham when I noticed them. I'll try to get a picture another day. But anyway, I don't think that Orlando's Hogwarts has the lights but maybe it is due to the castle being on a hill.

Oh good... Potter possibly opening the weekend of my birthday.. how magical & wizard-like.. :wacko:

So my friend who is a Potter nerd & does artwork stuff for a living (painting, photo-shop, sculpting, prop building etc..) pointed out that the USH artwork has a flaw on it. Hogsmeade in the artwork is Orlando's Hogsmeade (which not really a big deal but.. still). The thing he pointed out was the Hogwarts flaw. When they enlarged the castle to make it a big focal point, they didn't erase the rest of the castle from above Hogsmeade. So the observatory appears twice.

2NXT27w.jpg

Not really a big deal & not noticeable to most (everyone), but thought it was amusing enough to share.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Hilarious!

I just noticed that there are red blinking lights on Hogwarts. It could only be on the showbuilding but I really hope you won't be able to see them in the land.
Interesting.  Is this landmark in a height limitation area where Burbank Airport would require a red beacon on top of it?  That would suck for night time photos.

The rock work beneath Hogwarts and exposed speaker within the brickwork of Hogsmead Station give it away. 
Interesting though because if the walls aren't down yet and they're still finishing Hogsmeade interiors, how were they able to get people walking through and the interiors full of merchandise?  They also didn't show or mention the Wiseacres and Madame Gladrags which are not in Orlando's Hogsmeade.  Makes me wonder if they are trying to fool us with good video editing, haha.

Oops, you guys are right!  The Orlando Hogsmeade train station looks different compared to Hollywoods!!

Orlando:

hogwarts-express-train-at-the-hogsmeade-station-in-the-wizarding-world-DP8YH1.jpg

Interesting though because if the walls aren't down yet and they're still finishing Hogsmeade interiors, how were they able to get people walking through and the interiors full of merchandise?  They also didn't show or mention the Wiseacres and Madame Gladrags which are not in Orlando's Hogsmeade.  Makes me wonder if they are trying to fool us with good video editing, haha.
Most of it is stock footage from Orlando. Only the shots with the HE Conductor and Hogwarts are from Hollywood.

Reactions: William
Am I the only one who realized that the HE Conductor is a crazy old wizard using the power of the Force at the end of the video?... he was using one of his Jedi mind tricks like Obi-wan Kenobi... "Move along, move along"...

Reactions: Aaron