The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
haha..I ordered a "Deathly Hallows" on Saturday as well!!

The bartender gave me a look and was like "We have it, but it's not called that." and then said "WE cant call it that, but I can make it for you sure.." and made it for me! 

It was delicious!! 

attachicon.gif
DeathlyHall.jpg

Yeah I was reading that they have to call it "The Triple" because Universal/Rowling don't want to have to trade mark a drink that uses beers that they don't own the name of. Makes things easier for them.

Reactions: LADougQ8
haha..I ordered a "Deathly Hallows" on Saturday as well!!

The bartender gave me a look and was like "We have it, but it's not called that." and then said "WE cant call it that, but I can make it for you sure.." and made it for me!

It was delicious!!

DeathlyHall.jpg
So what's the new name or is them being coy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was reading that they have to call it "The Triple" because Universal/Rowling don't want to have to trade mark a drink that uses beers that they don't own the name of. Makes things easier for them.
That makes sense! Im sure they dont want any legal drama over beer!!

Ok, ok, I'm dying to know, what is "The Triple" or the "Deathly Hallows." I'm probably going to order one next time I go, no matter what, but just so I know what I'm getting myself into...?

The Triple is Strongbow Cider, topped with Hog's head Brew, topped with Guinness. It's part of their "secret menu".

My favorite drink from them is the Hog's Tea. It's basically a Long Island Iced Tea except they use actual iced tea instead of coke. And it's probably one of the strongest drinks I've had at a Universal park!

They don't have a published list of the specialty drinks but if you just ask the bartender they can usually tell you what all they have. At least in Orlando that's what they did.

Reactions: Aaron and Jon Fu
FWIW, I dislike Black and Tans and HATE the triple. Same for the Hogshead Tea.

Fire Whiskey if offered is a great option in strongbow, non alcoholic drinks like pumpkin fizz or pear cider, and more.

How is it looking for softs going forward? Is the plan to have it open most days unless there is an event? Like is Saturday a pretty safe bet?

I also totally get anything can happen and it's unpredictable, but I'm trying to bring some friends on a day where it is safer than others that they'll experience it.
Just following up on this. Any advice?

Just following up on this. Any advice?
As you said, "anything can happen." Softs are planned everyday. Sometimes the area may not be open. Sometimes the ride may not be working. The "inside" advice and information is, "anything can happen and it's unpredictable". Saturdays are as safe a bet as Wednesdays. So far it's been open 6 of 7 days since the 12th.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Hey NYG, i'm in the same boat as you, trying to bring friends into the land and plan, but right now your best bet it to watch [HASHTAG]#PotterWatch[/HASHTAG] on twitter and look for people posting that the land is open. I know it sucks but right now we never really know when the land is going to be open and if the rides will be running, we just got to wait and see until the official opening for any kind of guarantee. :(

Hi everyone!  Been following IU for awhile, just joined the forums.  Living in Burbank and lucky enough to have snagged a Premium pass as they were being discontinued, it was easy for me to rush over to Universal last Saturday when I heard tech rehearsals were running again.  I attended LeakyCon 2011 so was already familiar with Hogsmeade from Florida, but it is SO NICE to have one on our side now.  I thought I'd chime in with my experience.  

I noticed a few people complaining about making the FJ Single Riders wait for the lockers.  Has that happened to everyone?  It didn't happen to me at all.  Maybe I accidentally cut everyone off, but there was really  no organization for Single Riders when I went on.  I honestly felt a little neglected and confused.  At very the front archway I asked for the Single Rider line and they just gestured toward the right while the rest of the line curved around towards the left.  I walked around pretty lost not knowing where to go.  I went to one outside crevice and found another team member to ask again where was the Single rider line.  They again just casually pointed over.  I saw the group of people waiting to go in for the lockers (but I didn't know that yet) and asked them if they were Single Riders.    They said no so I kept looking.  I went inside past the lockers all the way in and again asked where is the Single Rider line.  The TM there pointed me down a dark hallway.  I was actually a little intimidated.  It was way too hard to see my way around and was afraid of tripping.  I just kept walking around in the dark with no instruction.  It felt weird.  Eventually I caught up with the main line but was obviously passing them all up.  At one point I stopped at what I thought was a waiting area until the TM noticed me and told me to keep moving forward.  I finally reached the end and boarded.  I guess I was the SINGLE rider in the Single Rider line.  I was so caught off guard over how quick that line would be and how much of the castle and story set-up I'd miss.  Anyway, was that just a fluke experience that they weren't really ready to deal with Single Riders yet?  No one told me to wait for the lockers.  Those of you who waited, did they direct you there intentionally?  Would it have been possible to by-pass it all and go straight inside if you walked with authority and didn't ask directions?

As for the ride itself, I definitely felt the image was blurry due to the 3D.  Hopefully that is resolved with the correct glasses.  Also I don't remember getting so wet before!  I'm sad there don't take photos.  Why don't they want pictures of us in glasses?  I would think that would be more fun?

My other question for people was how was your Butterbeer foam?  They gave me so little and it had mostly melted away by the time they handed me the glass.  I'm not sure if they pre-filled it and I got something that had been sitting there?  What I remember the most about Florida is how glorious that foam was and even as I drank away it seemed to last forever and even expand.  Obviously, I know they're still learning so it could have been a mistake.  I don't know if I should have asked for more when they handed it to me?  Did they do an okay job pouring your drinks?

Other than the FJ confusion and lacking foam, I was very happy with my visit to Hogsmeade.  There was no wait for Olivander's, FotH or anything!  It was so wonderful to walk freely without a crowd.  All the TMs were super nice and friendly.  Very engaging as you walked around.  Someone helped me as I struggled to conjure up a spell with my interactive wand.  The food was delicious too and the workers were patient with me trying to decide what to get.  I only stayed a few hours but loved it so much and can't wait to go back.  I'm so thankful to Inside Universal for all the coverage.  I owe them so much! :)

I was sitting at the bar in the Hog's Head when they decided to go ahead and make The Triple.

A couple of people came in asking for it and were denied. The bartender said even though Orlando has the OK to make that and other drinks, they have to still go through management and get each drink approved before they start serving them here. A higher up came in a few mins later, and the bartender got the go ahead to make The Triple. She said they can make it as long as someone specifically requests it, but not to offer/advertise it. I liked it, but it is a little sweet from the Strongbow if you're not used to ciders.

I found it so interesting just sitting at the bar hearing fun stories about the crazy approval process for every little thing they want to do. The bartender I was talking to transferred from Orlando, so was very good at her job and was super excited about being there.

I'm going to try the Hog's Tea next time. Sounds fun & dangerous.

The bartender also said they would be getting Firewhisky at some point.

So just FYI, if anyone is planning on going to softs on Saturday, the chances seem to be dwindling. There is a check in at 10am for Annual Passholders to be a part of an "NBC Special". Many believe this to be shooting inside WWoHP, though nothing is confirmed. They will probably at least not open the land until shooting is done if this is indeed where they will be filming. It is said to last 2 hours in duration, which means it may open after noon, or they may do more pickup shots after so who knows. Just keeping everyone in the loop!

Reactions: Aaron
So just FYI, if anyone is planning on going to softs on Saturday, the chances seem to be dwindling. There is a check in at 10am for Annual Passholders to be a part of an "NBC Special". Many believe this to be shooting inside WWoHP, though nothing is confirmed. They will probably at least not open the land until shooting is done if this is indeed where they will be filming. It is said to last 2 hours in duration, which means it may open after noon, or they may do more pickup shots after so who knows. Just keeping everyone in the loop!
Good to know I was planning to go Sat if they had softs TY.

Oh, good to know!  I did want to go back for more on Saturday.  If the shooting is inside the Wizarding World then that would still be a cool experience.  Or...do you think it's a separate event and we could get in Hogsmeade while everyone else is distracted by the film shoot?  Are people registering for it?  Is there any more info?  What do you think is the better risk to take: try to go straight to Hogsmeade or participate in the NBC Special for some behind-the-scene stuff?