Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is gonna be going back to some later closures on certain days in October, mostly on weekends. Epcot will be closing at 9PM on 7 days in the month... wonder if we'll see Epcot Forever make a comeback?

Have there been thoughts of reopening Fast and Furious, Twirl and Hurl or Storm Force since the parks are getting busier?

Unfortunate, though expected. This is the end of Disney's fiscal year, so timing wise this has been imminent for a good while. I doubt any executives, at Universal & Disney, when they first closed down in March,
had any anticipation this would drag on this long, and this badly. There's no way to look at this in positive terms. Sad.

One month after this...

Heated, disgusted, and sad. Just absolutely crushing news. Super classy using the CMs as pawns in that PR release too.

One month after this...

Heated, disgusted, and sad. Just absolutely crushing news. Super classy using the CMs as pawns in that PR release too.

Absolutely disgusting about the executive pay. Part of why I wish I could get out of the US in a nutshell.

HOWEVER, to all of you who want the parks shut down "until this is over" :rolleyes: ...this is what's inevitably going to happen. I'm honestly angry at just about everyone here (except the CMs, of course). The GOP who refuses to provide stimulus, the CEOs who keep giving themselves huge bonuses during this, the Dems who want us to stay shut down.

Dear DeSantis, for refusing to enforce mask wearing mandates, and dear Newsom, for refusing to reopen:
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely disgusting about the executive pay. Part of why I wish I could get out of the US in a nutshell.

HOWEVER, all of you who want the parks shut down "until this is over" :rolleyes: ...this is what's inevitably going to happen. I'm honestly angry at just about everyone here. The GOP who refuses to provide stimulus, the CEOs who keep giving themselves huge bonuses during this, the Dems who want us to stay shut down...

Hard to take Disney's side when they refuse to put any effort forward. Knotts has officially sold out their entire Halloween event as of today. Disney easily could've put some creativity forward and allowed some income to come in and instead chose to sit back and watch essentially with CM jobs on the line.

Not to say that all of the blame is on Disney, but this could've been avoided and their attitude about it is incredibly gross. And I'd be at least slightly less angry if that press release was more professional.

One month after this...

Well thank goodness they’re getting their millions, what would their parks be without that!

I hope the best for everyone and anyone affected by this. Very sad day.

I don't get Newsom, but you've gotta cut him some slack. He doesn't have time to worry about the immediate future when he's more concerned with banning the sale of gas-powered cars and trucks 15 years from now. :rolleyes: /s

It's like he's going for the record of shutting things down and he's doing a good job with that.

Knotts has officially sold out their entire Halloween event as of today.

Knott's just added the last 4 Thursdays to the event.

Knotts has officially sold out their entire Halloween event as of today.

That's good. I assume they're doing something similar to HHN then?

I go back and forth between having hope for the industry going forward (the attendance and hours increase over the last month) and...not (the news tonight). I'm sorry, but if these shutdowns continue (which is many want), expect more layoffs. And make no mistake, there's not going to be some miracle cure-all panacea anytime soon, if ever. So if that's what needs to happen for the bleeding in the industry to stop, then it's bye-bye to US theme parks. I have a lot more hope for the Europe and Asia parks.

Last edited:
That's good. I assume they're doing something similar to HHN then?
This covers it well:

Absolutely disgusting about the executive pay. Part of why I wish I could get out of the US in a nutshell.

HOWEVER, all of you who want the parks shut down "until this is over" :rolleyes: ...this is what's inevitably going to happen. I'm honestly angry at just about everyone here (except the CMs, of course). The GOP who refuses to provide stimulus, the CEOs who keep giving themselves huge bonuses during this, the Dems who want us to stay shut down.

Dear DeSantis, for refusing to enforce mask wearing mandates, and dear Newsom, for refusing to reopen:
I will admit that DeSantis is moving rather quickly...However, I am thankful Florida is open and letting businesses/local government make decisions

I'm not sure what the 100 percent correct answer is, or if there even exists such a thing, but "stay closed" isn't it.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is doing a smaller event like Knott's because of the restrictions and sold out all of their dates (Thursday-Sunday) so they just added Wednesdays as well.

He doesn't have time to worry about the immediate future when he's more concerned with banning the sale of gas-powered cars and trucks 15 years from now. :rolleyes: /s
Unrelated to the thread, but I wonder how effective that plan is when it only bans the sale of gas-powered cars rather than their use. People are still gonna be driving their 2034 Ford trucks into the 2050s...or they'll just buy new cars in Nevada.

As for the parks, I hope people are able to land on their feet. Given that so many expected this to happen to the travel industry, maybe it gave some people some time to plan and reorient themselves. But of course, it's never that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.