Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the graph shows it's remained flat. The bar is showing consistency at those levels for the past month.

Fair. Yet there’s a jump over the last five days and I see a correlation occurring between more of the state reopening and more COVID cases. Hope I’m wrong!

Fair. Yet there’s a jump over the last five days and I see a correlation occurring between more of the state reopening and more COVID cases. Hope I’m wrong!

It seems to be largely correlated with schools and universities reopening. We won't see the effects from the bars, etc, reopening in FL for another few weeks.

I think EV implementation will be like the gas mileage mandates. Still guzzlers around but less and less each year. Ford is selling an all electric truck next year and I never thought I could have a V8 chevy truck that gets me 22 on the highway and 19 around town. Amazing progress.
Back to thread
Yes, progress by demand in the free market. Not mandated which increases cost. We are a leader in the world with reducing emissions by choice, we could be net zero and it would not matter one bit due to other more populated countries that don't give a shazit and never will!

It seems to be largely correlated with schools and universities reopening. We won't see the effects from the bars, etc, reopening in FL for another few weeks.
Yes, it is the young who are either more Liberal or no party affiliation whatsoever! This is not really political, it is most young people are not concerned or don't care since they know they have very little chance of being affected by covid. Open everything up and let the people who are vulnerable to avoid as they choose. My parents are in their 70's and have no desire to stay locked up, they are traveling, going to restaurants, etc. The reason we have the most cases, keeping the politics out of it, is because we have the freedom we want and are exercising it.

Yes, it is the young who are either more Liberal or no party affiliation whatsoever! This is not really political, it is most young people are not concerned or don't care since they know they have very little chance of being affected by covid. Open everything up and let the people who are vulnerable to avoid as they choose. My parents are in their 70's and have no desire to stay locked up, they are traveling, going to restaurants, etc. The reason we have the most cases, keeping the politics out of it, is because we have the freedom we want and are exercising it.

Your freedom doesn’t include the right to spread a deadly disease. Personal sacrifice is what’s needed to protect other citizens. I agree vulnerable populations shouldn’t be out and about right now, but that’s also creating a society that says “I’m more equal than you based on something you didn’t choose and can’t control.” Not to mention this is an individualistic society full of people that don’t follow the rules.

Going back to the topic of reopening parks, my opinion keeps shifting because of these philosophical questions. I’d love to go to Disneyland if it’s means no waits and everyone stays away from me! I’d also do it responsibly - COVID test before visiting then isolation until my trip dependent on a negative result followed by more isolation and a post trip COVID test. How many people going to the Orlando parks are doing this?

Going back to the topic of reopening parks, my opinion keeps shifting because of these philosophical questions. I’d love to go to Disneyland if it’s means no waits and everyone stays away from me! I’d also do it responsibly - COVID test before visiting then isolation until my trip dependent on a negative result followed by more isolation and a post trip COVID test. How many people going to the Orlando parks are doing this?
Can't speak for others, but my family went to Uni in June and October. No symptoms before we left, wore our masks(KN95's) throughout our visits. Felt perfectly safe. Ordered test before we left Florida so that we could take them the day after we arrived home. Results in one day. Back to work that day.. I agree that by acting responsibly, visiting the parks does not greatly increase risk of Covid. BTW, we are considered "at risk" due to age but no health issues.

Can't speak for others, but my family went to Uni in June and October. No symptoms before we left, wore our masks(KN95's) throughout our visits. Felt perfectly safe. Ordered test before we left Florida so that we could take them the day after we arrived home. Results in one day. Back to work that day.. I agree that by acting responsibly, visiting the parks does not greatly increase risk of Covid. BTW, we are considered "at risk" due to age but no health issues.

I’m glad to hear you took precautions before and after your trip.

I believe the parks should require this upon entry - documentation of a negative test within 48 hours plus the symptoms screening check. However, the parks have not even suggested taking these steps before or after visits. COVID tests are free to the public and there’s no reason it shouldn’t be done before and after attending.

Edit: Aaaannddd I just read shopping malls are reopening in LA County. So yep, under the county’s logic for malls, theme parks might as well reopen too.

Last edited:
You don’t see how that last big bar compares to the previous few days?

The day before that big bar was the lowest daily total since the beginning of June. Most likely that bar you are looking at is a result of some of the day before's numbers being added on that day. Even looking at just the big bar, it's still at or lower than the numbers a week or so ago. The seven day average is also the lowest it's been since June. I think just about everyone looking at those numbers would call that a positive trend.

I’m glad to hear you took precautions before and after your trip.

I believe the parks should require this upon entry - documentation of a negative test within 48 hours plus the symptoms screening check. However, the parks have not even suggested taking these steps before or after visits. COVID tests are free to the public and there’s no reason it shouldn’t be done before and after attending.

Edit: Aaaannddd I just read shopping malls are reopening in LA County. So yep, under the county’s logic for malls, theme parks might as well reopen too.

Places like The Grove and Galleria have been operating in LA with no apparent capacity restrictions for some time now. Say what you will about the morality of theme parks opening, but there appears to be minimal scientific evidence to justify the lack of guidelines when we're already allowing crowds to congregate in these spaces - not to mention far riskier activities like moviegoing and indoor restaurants in other counties.

Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
Places like The Grove and Galleria have been operating in LA with no apparent capacity restrictions for some time now. Say what you will about the morality of theme parks opening, but there appears to be minimal scientific evidence to justify the lack of guidelines when we're already allowing crowds to congregate in these spaces - not to mention far riskier activities like moviegoing and indoor restaurants in other counties.
While I know both can get bust during the Holidays, Disneyland (not so much DCA) is small. The walkways are not big enough to allow everyone in that would want to come without walking into someone.
So I'd agreed they should be able to at some point but not at 100% until we get a vaccine in most people.

While Disney tried to push blame on CA for having to let go 28,000 CMs. I'll point out again they have made zero attempts at meeting in the middle and having food events like knotts/sea world, CEOs (and other higher ups) are getting paid fully again and the other parks are open. Part of it can be blamed on the government but most of it is a lack of vision and having the imagination to do anything but normal operations and just people don't want to travel as much right now and while weekends are busy at theme parks weekdays are dead.

If Disney Today Announced Halloween food event it would sell out in a day....November a Mando food event sold out.....December Christmas sold out....Just saying if they want more money they can make it, but they aren't trying that hard

North Carolina moved to their version of phase 3, which includes amusement parks at 30%.

Which I guess for NC means Carowinds and Tweetsie Railroad and Carolina Beach. I think Carowinds is already done though, and it's getting into the cool season for Boone, they may do a special Christmas thing I guess.

Reactions: shiekra38
You know, you can only push these mandates for so long before people are going to say, “nah, we’re done.” AFAIK, over a month or two ago, I posted something from the CDC on another Covid thread Saying that the death count from Covid (that’s also taking into account people who died from other means but happened to have Covid), has fallen below the line of being considered a pandemic.

I’m sorry, but mandating more rules and regulations can only get so far before people aren’t going to comply. If the powers that be insist on mandating these rules (I refuse to call them guidelines since our government apparently sees them as “laws” and not guidelines), then GIVE US A DROP DEAD GOAL DATE. All they keep doing is bumping the goal post further and further. It’s gone from “14 days to slow the spread” to “we’re gonna stay locked down till no one gets sick ever again.”

If these “guidelines” and mandates keep going into next year, I promise you compliance will Plummet. Even when the parks reopen in SoCal, I may go once for the sake of going back on rides, but I may wait until the covid restrictions blow over. Getting screamed at to wear a mask all day doesn’t sound like fun to me so I’m going to wait.

So if they really want to keep people safe, they should give people a reasonable deadline and quit bumping the goalpost. But I’m sure the restrictions will ease up after...well, you’ve seen my last post on here. By then the hysteria will die down.

North Carolina moved to their version of phase 3, which includes amusement parks at 30%.

Which I guess for NC means Carowinds and Tweetsie Railroad and Carolina Beach. I think Carowinds is already done though, and it's getting into the cool season for Boone, they may do a special Christmas thing I guess.

Yeah, typically Carowinds is starting Scare-O-Winds this time of year. Interested to see what they end up doing with the news. I believe Tweetsie’s typically opened for fall festivities, and then closes by Halloween.

You know, you can only push these mandates for so long before people are going to say, “nah, we’re done.” AFAIK, over a month or two ago, I posted something from the CDC on another Covid thread Saying that the death count from Covid (that’s also taking into account people who died from other means but happened to have Covid), has fallen below the line of being considered a pandemic.

I’m sorry, but mandating more rules and regulations can only get so far before people aren’t going to comply. If the powers that be insist on mandating these rules (I refuse to call them guidelines since our government apparently sees them as “laws” and not guidelines), then GIVE US A DROP DEAD GOAL DATE. All they keep doing is bumping the goal post further and further. It’s gone from “14 days to slow the spread” to “we’re gonna stay locked down till no one gets sick ever again.”

If these “guidelines” and mandates keep going into next year, I promise you compliance will Plummet. Even when the parks reopen in SoCal, I may go once for the sake of going back on rides, but I may wait until the covid restrictions blow over. Getting screamed at to wear a mask all day doesn’t sound like fun to me so I’m going to wait.

So if they really want to keep people safe, they should give people a reasonable deadline and quit bumping the goalpost. But I’m sure the restrictions will ease up after...well, you’ve seen my last post on here. By then the hysteria will die down.
So much nonsense here, but I imagine responding would break the no politics rule.

Those rarely work for me at Universal or Disney. Universal got tired of trying to deal with mine pre covid, with my AP, and slapped a photo ID sticker on my pass instead. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.