Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always recall the disability scam I saw when walking the path from Cabana to Universal. A half dozen very physically fit male youths. were running and pushing an empty wheelchair on the path. They passed us by and left us in their dust as they were moving so fast. When we got to IOA we saw them over the guest services area. One youth was now in the wheelchair. As we journeyed through the park that day, the group of six was continually getting fast tracked for ride lines....That said, it's probably unwise for Universal to refuse any handicapped requests because I'm pretty sure they'd lose in the courts regardless of the pandemic. PLUS, the CDC guideline on masks is only a recommendation, not an order. I'm sure a good attorney would use that as a major basis of their argument, in conjunction with the handicapped access laws. and Local, County or State guidelines cannot supercede federal law concerning handicapped access.
Interesting because the only time you get "fast tracked" is if the line is 15 minutes or less. More than 15 minutes you get a return time that is wait-time-=minus-15 minutes. (We used to have to write down the rerturn time on the card they were given). It wasn't an instant express pass.

Interesting because the only time you get "fast tracked" is if the line is 15 minutes or less. More than 15 minutes you get a return time that is wait-time-=minus-15 minutes. (We used to have to write down the rerturn time on the card they were given). It wasn't an instant express pass.
Did I say it was an instant 'express pass'. I don't think so. Don't allude to assumptions in my posts, as is your MO/habit. >:O

Reactions: snayberry
Did I say it was an instant 'express pass'. I don't think so. Don't allude to assumptions in my posts, as is your MO/habit. >:O
You said "fast tracked" which was incorrect. So if you want to play victim, try not posting misinformation. But don't worry. I won't be responding anymore since I've put you on ignore.

You said "fast tracked" which was incorrect. So if you want to play victim, try not posting misinformation. But don't worry. I won't be responding anymore since I've put you on ignore.
Fast track was a phrase to describe what was done for them, as they evidently faked their situation, and were accommodated on various rides . I'm very aware of Express passes since I have over 150 nights spent in Deluxe Universal hotels. I didn't describe that benefit as what they received, as you inaccurately quoted. You weren't there. You didn't see it... ...and I'm very happy :clap:that you placed me on 'ignore'. Please keep me on 'ignore' for the duration of your stay on IU. Excellent. Now maybe you won't twist my posts,and wording, around anymore , as had become your habit in past replies to my posts, for whatever your personal reasons.

Last edited:
^ Explain please

A false choice is a logical fallacy where you suggest a choice between two extremes is the only possibility, ignoring or omitting the possibility of other choices or some middle ground.

It’s worth reading up on informal logical fallacies. Recognizing their use, either intentional or unintentional, can help you sift through a lot of nonsense.

A false choice is a logical fallacy where you suggest a choice between two extremes is the only possibility, ignoring or omitting the possibility of other choices or some middle ground.

It’s worth reading up on informal logical fallacies. Recognizing their use, either intentional or unintentional, can help you sift through a lot of nonsense.

not what I ment, i know what the phrase means. The point of my post is that once you decide to no longer allowing a group of people to do something based upon extraordinary circumstances then to do that you will have to create a process (group of people) to decide who it is ok to discriminate against and what circumstances it is ok to do so. I am looking at this through a legal point of view as that is the route cause of medical exceptions. It may seem like an extreme but you can never have a case where you just go well for this one time you don't have to accommodate this group of people. History has shown that once you give people the power to segregate groups of people that power will be abused. If you disagree with my thought process let me know and I can clarify or maybe I will agree I took the wrong turn somewhere.

Side note I do think face shields is a great solution to the medical exception.

yes. sounds like much ado over almost nothing at this point in time, at least until the scammer crowd gets wind of the opportunity.

Keeping in mind that crowds will be significantly lower due to capacity restrictions, people finding out about this wristband policy and potentially abusing it will hopefully also be significantly lower. That being said, I do think it's something to be aware of and keep an eye on as more people find out that it exists much like you mentioned.

Keeping in mind that crowds will be significantly lower due to capacity restrictions, people finding out about this wristband policy and potentially abusing it will hopefully also be significantly lower. That being said, I do think it's something to be aware of and keep an eye on as more people find out that it exists much like you mentioned.

I agree - as soon as I found out about it via management, I was going to share it - but then thought better of it.

I would argue if that can't wear a face mask, they easily can wear a face shield. face shields still allows easy breathing for those with respiratory illnesses, take away the allergy to fabric excuse, and adds a level of protection to others.

Somebody at UO must read the forums. New policy requiring face shields came out today. Below is from UO Team.

As we continue to implement our new health and safety measures, we are constantly evaluating these procedures and making adjustments as needed to keep the highest levels of health and safety of our Team Members and Guests as our top priority.
We are following CDC guidelines as well as local health protocols, and as such, face coverings are required to visit Universal Orlando Resort. If a Guest does not have a face covering, we have them available for purchase. Face coverings for Team Members are available at Wardrobe. (Please review the Safety Reminders for Those Reporting to Property for complete details.)
Effective tomorrow (Thursday, June 25), Guests who have a disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering must speak to a Guest Services Coordinator who will inform them of the alternate accommodation, which is to wear a face shield during their visit. A white checkered wristband will be given to Guests requesting an accommodation. Please note that face shields are not permitted on certain attractions, and Guests will have to switch to a face covering for those experiences. Attraction details will be communicated to Guests during their accommodation discussion at Guest Services.
This updated accommodation allows us to assist Guests with disabilities that prevent them from wearing face coverings in a way that adheres to our enhanced protocols. We feel this is a great enhancement for both our Team Members and our Guests. For questions, please contact Guest Services.

Somebody at UO must read the forums. New policy requiring face shields came out today. Below is from UO Team.

200.gif

Disneyland has indefinitely delayed their reopening:

It's only CA at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if Florida pulled the plug as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.