This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maintenance costs were a lot more than they anticipated. I believe this is what led to the entertainment cuts before the shutdown. I’m surprised Intel is willing to work with them again
I am as well, the parks are packed and with literally ONE live show in the parks its nice to have something else to watch.

I hope they can cut down costs because I think Drones are the future of nighttime entertainment , they cost much much less then fireworks and all around are better for everyone so hope they find more uses for Drones....like a Mario World show one day

Including Studio Tour Plaza and Stage 15 (which are park property) alongside the Tram Maintenance sheds; around 42 acres.
View attachment 18518
AKA Tiny for a Theme Park (Disneyland is 85 acres I believe)
Fast work by the way @AlexanderMBush !

EDIT: Just for reference, if they expand in the areas pre approved and suspected for Theme Park expansion the park footprint will grow by approx 10 acres, still small but every little helps!

Attachments

• Expansion.jpg
    Expansion.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
This was somewhat my concern. Who ever you want to blame, I truly feel like some of this could have been avoided.

1) Made Mario Land bigger with the Yoshi ride
2) Had the Central Area of the park closed last year so it could host shows now
3) Sell less tickets (lol not gonna happen but they can limit how many people go into the parks)
4) Have the Central area have a Nintendo Themed event where you can take pictures with other characters, photo ops and food options

But basically none of these things will happen or wont be happening until Summer.

The Park needed to ramp up for this land but because of Covid did not, The Hello Kitty store could be a small theater but no....storage is more important. Walking dead could be used for something but ohhh wait HHN is more important.

I love the parks but I think while the money will flow, guests satisfaction for many will be low in the next year and I truly believe some of it was avoidable and really wish they had someone in these rooms like me knowing how the parks flow vs just Money counters because I truly believe you can have both.

Its been talked about in other threads. The Hello Kitty store could be turned into a small show but its being used for storage think offices

My point is there were ways they could be better prepared and didn't try any of them. Having the Central area down now as the biggest ride they have ever added launches seems like a huge oversight

Didn't Brian warn you to not do this?

EDIT: Just for reference, if they expand in the areas pre approved and suspected for Theme Park expansion the park footprint will grow by approx 10 acres, still small but every little helps!

Have to genuinely wonder if they'll take over I-Fly and the CG House venues for park growth. Feels like space that could be gained there too.

Have to genuinely wonder if they'll take over I-Fly and the CG House venues for park growth. Feels like space that could be gained there too.
True. I'd like to hope that nothing is off the table.

I guess the real test is not just a few weeks of days this crowded but an entire season, that's what they are hoping for I suspect.

Well yes back of house and storage space is important, especially for a very small park (if that is the case for the area you're talking about). Sorry but USH will always be a small park and you can't magically create space there.

It sits on 415 acres so there are some ways to make it bigger than it is now although as you say it will always be small/challenged.

I still find it ridiculous how much space is taken up by Citywalk. Based on how many venues are becoming Universal chains/restaurants/shops I can't see it bringing in as much rental revenue as it was intended to.

Didn't Brian warn you to not do this?

I'm talking about how they could have prepared better for these crowds. Someone posted about the crowds and I'm pointing out many Nintendo/none Nintendo ways they could have in a threat that is talking about said crowds its on topic

Well yes back of house and storage space is important, especially for a very small park (if that is the case for the area you're talking about). Sorry but USH will always be a small park and you can't magically create space there.
If I may, USH has land thats not being used daily or could move said things to make it work

Look at the area I'd use for a small show the hello kitty store behind it is Citywalk and besides the USH store it has nothing that needs to be open beyond a certain point. they build up citywalk to be more a two storey area at the other side of Citywalk and move stores that way and then have more backstage area for USH and then use area's like the Hello Kitty store for other things then storage when the park needs more attractions.

Other areas that aren't being used include the Walking dead attraction/starbucks (move starbucks and you have room there for another attraction), French street/the water park in minion's land is more land that could be used better, The old saddle ranch area could be used for more then just company picnics. Along with I've talked about if you back up the front entrance to where the current parking lot is, you have tons of room for a new entry land and have more room for upper lot attractions.

Last edited:
I'm talking about how they could have prepared better for these crowds. Someone posted about the crowds and I'm pointing out many Nintendo/none Nintendo ways they could have in a threat that is talking about said crowds its on topic

If I may, USH has land thats not being used daily or could move said things to make it work

Look at the area I'd use for a small show the hello kitty store behind it is Citywalk and besides the USH store it has nothing that needs to be open beyond a certain point. they build up citywalk to be more a two storey area at the other side of Citywalk and move stores that way and then have more backstage area for USH and then use area's like the Hello Kitty store for other things then storage when the park needs more attractions.

Other areas that aren't being used include the Walking dead attraction/starbucks (move starbucks and you have room there for another attraction), French street/the water park in minion's land is more land that could be used better, The old saddle ranch area could be used for more then just company picnics. Along with I've talked about if you back up the front entrance to where the current parking lot is, you have tons of room for a new entry land and have more room for upper lot attractions.
SCR-20230314-m7h.jpeg

Me personally I just don't see how even a costly potential entire re-do of the upper lot (that was recently already redone) can add noticeable capacity. Maybe my eyes must be deceiving me or something but I just don't see it.

Reactions: Nico
this all seems to assume universal sees anything wrong with what's happening right now. the park is packed, people seem to love the new attraction and are spending lots of money. yes, they could differently reallocate resources to increase capacity by building attractions, but the park's footprint will remain remarkably small and challenging to work with. the cost of making sweeping changes is also quite high, which again leads me to ask: why would that be a priority for universal right now?

• Love
Reactions: OrlLover and Cygnus

I believe Disneyland was 85 acres prior to GESWL, so it's probably over a 100 now. So Universal is at a real disadvantage trying to accommodate a large crowd, especially with a new attraction.
When another popular E ticket arrives, that crowding will certainly become problematic.

Reactions: Jamesh22
View attachment 18520

Me personally I just don't see how even a costly potential entire re-do of the upper lot (that was recently already redone) can add noticeable capacity. Maybe my eyes must be deceiving me or something but I just don't see it.
1678826418908.png

So my idea would be most of parking lot being where you do security and the Gate. They could only take out part of Citywalk or both sides at the end and you'd move the restaurants and shops that want to stay to other empty locations (the old comedy club, two old bars that are now just gone on the second story and Starbucks is moving so that location as well) plus like I said I'd add more second story parts to the rest of Citywalk to make it more compact.

This gives you tons of space for a new "main street" area plus some new attractions, mind you most wont be E ticket but depending on the IP might not matter much what it is as long as you choose an IP people love. Also if storage is such an issue with this new main street you can built them 2 maybe 3 stories to help with space.

Just my idea, because the front are uses up wayyyyy too much space they have way too many ticket booths (I dont think even now they open all of them because people buy tickets online) and just empty space being not used. I'd also be down if they could fit a hotel in this area with a new entrance, if thats the excuse they need to do it then go for it

Not much they can do for the upper lot, but they should try to make any new lands multi-level. Potter lands are the prime candidates obviously.
I think any land moving forward should be mult level. Dont care what IP but USH needs to use the space they do have better. Like if your building a ride and it doesn't have Q using the second story like SLOP or MK, I feel like its just wasting space