Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this is MK but it just makes me laugh that Disneyland will get this ride as well...and like in less then 6 months will have like 60 or less mins waits while MK will be insane for at least a year if not year

Wonder if Single ride is going to be over run like Mario Kart is now, like Splash you could walk on with single rider before

I would be absolutely shocked if this didn't turn out as VQ exclusive for a year+.
Just for reference...

On one of the last nights of operations, posted wait was 120 (queue ended at the Big Thunder "bypass" bridge next to where the rafts depart to Tom Sawyer), actual wait was 35 minutes. Line basically crawled for a solid 10 minutes until they cleared Lightning Lane. After that it only took 25 minutes to get into a log. That queue is very small but this ride is a capacity monster.

I don't think this will end up as VQ simply because it can churn out people. Definitely will have Individual LL attached to it for a few months, but I don't think VQ will be necessary.

I have a bad feeling Tron will remain VQ for a very long time, especially whenever they pull the trigger on the Space refurb.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Just for reference...

On one of the last nights of operations, posted wait was 120 (queue ended at the Big Thunder "bypass" bridge next to where the rafts depart to Tom Sawyer), actual wait was 35 minutes. Line basically crawled for a solid 10 minutes until they cleared Lightning Lane. After that it only took 25 minutes to get into a log. That queue is very small but this ride is a capacity monster.

I don't think this will end up as VQ simply because it can churn out people. Definitely will have Individual LL attached to it for a few months, but I don't think VQ will be necessary.

I have a bad feeling Tron will remain VQ for a very long time, especially whenever they pull the trigger on the Space refurb.
It should be noted that the last night for Splash in Orlando was in a chilly January day roughly a year ago. I think there's a difference between them lying about the wait time to discourage an actual long line and what this ride will experience throughout the year in the Florida heat, just as it always did.

It should be noted that the last night for Splash in Orlando was in a chilly January day roughly a year ago. I think there's a difference between them lying about the wait time to discourage an actual long line and what this ride will experience throughout the year in the Florida heat, just as it always did.
Not exactly quite sure what you are trying to say. It was cold, but the queue physically stretched back to Tom Sawyer rafts, they were exaggerating waits to discourage people from joining so they wouldn't need to run the thing past close for long.

My post was just to provide some reference that the actual physical queue is small and could only hold ~1k people or so. Will probably drop VQ after a few months, but no need to run it during the cold weather.

Not exactly quite sure what you are trying to say. It was cold, but the queue physically stretched back to Tom Sawyer rafts, they were exaggerating waits to discourage people from joining so they wouldn't need to run the thing past close for long.

My post was just to provide some reference that the actual physical queue is small and could only hold ~1k people or so. Will probably drop VQ after a few months, but no need to run it during the cold weather.
I don't thinkk they were using all of the queue that night because Splash regularly would hit 90 mins without stretching out that far. I was there, towards the end of the night, but i'm not sure what the queue situation looked like. I feel like by the end they were just letting people straight into the barn though instead of weaving.

Reactions: IzzyB
I don't thinkk they were using all of the queue that night because Splash regularly would hit 90 mins without stretching out that far. I was there, towards the end of the night, but i'm not sure what the queue situation looked like. I feel like by the end they were just letting people straight into the barn though instead of weaving.
Nope, all switchbacks and the extended (rather small) queue below the railroad station were utilized.

Isn't Guardians also designed to be a people eater? That's been VQ since forever.
It is 2K guests an hour or so but has (again) a very small indoor queue once you get past the touchpoints. The problem is that the queue lasts anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on the LL ratio (excluding breakdowns).

Disney has done an extraordinarily poor job at designing enough indoor queue. FoP seems like the last reasonable one, then Rise was kind of on the line, Guardians isn’t enough, and Tron is laughably bad.

Personally I think Tiana wait times will be just like Splash, which were quite long during the warmer months. My wager is on no paid LL but I could see VQ just because they’ve dug themselves into a hole on guest surveys with that.

The best news from that report is that the AAs are not going to have projected faces.
We’ve seen what they look like when they malfunction and frankly they couldn’t afford those optics.