Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tigris Launch Coaster - Opening 2019

Yeah, new is exciting, it's just not exciting enough to get me there this year when I know Gwazi is happening next year :lol:

On second thought, I probably will ride it this year when I go for HOS.
Exactly. This is a great new thing that’s exciting, if, you happen to be going there anyway. :thumbsup:

I'm actually looking forward to it.

It won't be the best coaster at BGT, but at the same time they are not bad rides at all. Backwards launches are lots of fun.

It's always a positive to see new investment in the park, especially when it's replacing an SBNO attraction. BGT are having a really strong 2 years with Tigris and RMC 2020.

Yeah it looks great, much better with theme too than Tempesto. Love the ride worked at Tempesto, but I am so glad they did the theme with this and the que house. Very nice, also like that it Roars before launching out of the station. Great job BGT, may have to take a road trip here soon just to ride it to bring back memories.

What type of wait times are we expecting for this once the opening rush dies down? I have serious concerns with the throughput.

that's definitely a short ride. Will be fun for days when it's not packed, but I don't think I'd wait an hour+ for it.

^I really liked Electric Eel/Tempesto haha, guess we can't all enjoy the same things. These coasters definitely divide enthusiasts, although in my opinion it's definitely more exciting than anything Universal has opened in the past 5 years.

Personally I'd say it's worth 30 mins. Tempesto got lines of between 60-90mins when it first opened, which is not unreasonable for a new coaster. It's around 20-30 mins most of the time now.

^I really liked Electric Eel/Tempesto haha, guess we can't all enjoy the same things. These coasters definitely divide enthusiasts, although in my opinion it's definitely more exciting than anything Universal has opened in the past 5 years.

Personally I'd say it's worth 30 mins. Tempesto got lines of between 60-90mins when it first opened, which is not unreasonable for a new coaster. It's around 20-30 mins most of the time now.

So true I was on the opening crew of TEMPASTA but yeah it was bad, i remember at the front we had to scan people for lose articles give them a fanny pack to put loose articles in, and then the fun with the comfort collars and them wanting us to do at least 35-40 launches an hour, LOL. I think the highest we did was 32 launches when I was in controlls, but the comfort collars sucked, we use to do guest service rides in the morining and we would not wear the comfort collar, much better ride. But I am excited to ride TIGRIS , just because for old time sakes of working at BGW.
See you Monday Tigris.

The madness begins! Not quite the 4 hours on Cheetah Hunt's opening day but it's still busy!

I don't even think we had that long of a wait on opening day of Tempesto. Also, we had the bad weather all day. Maybe its an omen for the coasters. Gonna make a trip there monday, just for old time sakes for all the times i rode Tempesto.