Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has there been a change in OLC leadership recently?
Actually, yes. CEO Toshio Kagami retired in 2023. He had been CEO since 2005 and had been with OLC since the '70s, before TDL even started construction (I believe he is still Chairman).

No idea if those things are related though.

On the topic of TWDC pressure, rumors are that Disney is cranking up the pressure on OLC to retheme Splash Mountain lately.

Reactions: belloq87
Imagine how terrible it would be to get stuck in the Lantern scene on the Rapunzel ride. The A/C & magical glowing lanterns. Such torture.

It'll be interesting to see which of these new rides make their way to Disneyland in the distant future.

It'll be interesting to see which of these new rides make their way to Disneyland in the distant future.
Personally betting on the Frozen ride coming to DL first. It seems like the most realistic choice since they already want to bring the Frozen land from HKDL to the park, might as well bring the best Frozen ride with it.

Reactions: Wesker69
Doesn't Tokyo Disney have much stricter exclusivity on its attractions compared to other parks? I don't think any attraction that was developed for Tokyo has ever made it to the states, or any other international park for that matter. Not sure if we'll ever see these cloned.

Doesn't Tokyo Disney have much stricter exclusivity on its attractions compared to other parks? I don't think any attraction that was developed for Tokyo has ever made it to the states, or any other international park for that matter. Not sure if we'll ever see these cloned.
I feel like Frozen is the most likely to happen because of what I said above. Also, why clone a lesser version of a Frozen ride (Frozen Ever After) when you could just have the better attraction? Even with what you said if it does come to the states it won't be for awhile anyway.

Edit: WOW

Last edited:
Wow, that outdoor Tangled tower/figure is stunning. A+ work.
There's nothing more magically stunning than Rapunzel's bathrooms at MK

I saw a picture of the Pan vehicles somewhere -- they look like a redressed SCOOP.
They basically are. It's the same ride system or upgraded version. I prefer a flying pirate ship, but I'm curious to see how the actual ride turns out

I feel like Frozen is the most likely to happen because of what I said above. Also, why clone a lesser version of a Frozen ride (Frozen Ever After) when you could just have the better attraction? Even with what you said if it does come to the states it won't be for awhile anyway.
Tokyo's incredible Pooh ride predates every other version except for WDW, and yet they've continued to directly clone the Florida ride as recently as Shanghai in 2016. From my understanding, OLC's exclusivity contract does not expire, as they are directly involved with the funding of the attractions. They want their parks to stand out by having unique experiences that cannot be found anywhere else.

As for Frozen, Tokyo's new attraction was developed concurrently with the Frozen lands in Hong Kong and Paris. They had every opportunity to use the newer ride if there no contractual reasons not to do so.

Tokyo's incredible Pooh ride predates every other version except for WDW, and yet they've continued to directly clone the Florida ride as recently as Shanghai in 2016. From my understanding, OLC's exclusivity contract does not expire, as they are directly involved with the funding of the attractions. They want their parks to stand out by having unique experiences that cannot be found anywhere else.

As for Frozen, Tokyo's new attraction was developed concurrently with the Frozen lands in Hong Kong and Paris. They had every opportunity to use the newer ride if there no contractual reasons not to do so.
At this point I'm just hoping for the best that DL gets Elsa and Anna's Frozen Journey over Frozen Ever After for DL forward. I think it'll happen but if not, whatever I guess. Gotta wait and see

Edit: DAMN. lol. Absolutely stunning

Reactions: belloq87
I have no idea if Tokyo Disney demands exclusivity on attractions that are first built in their parks ... but I can't think of an attraction built, or even rumored, that was closed from a Tokyo Disney installation.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to Japan.

Reactions: mccgavin
Ah yes. Can't see Cinderella's Castle at any other park. Or that particular Haunted Mansion.. I'm sure I could nitpick a few other cloned things found at Tokyo that came from WDW with little to no changes
I'm talking about current OLC leadership. It's no secret that Tokyo essentially had no original attractions when it originally opened. That's a criticism they've taken to heart and acted upon. The only attraction that got cloned there in recent years was Soarin, but even then, they made an effort to make it stand out with it's beautiful queue and unique pre-show.

More Photos from the Peter Pan attraction: TDS “Peter Pan” attraction fully revealed! The guest's boat suddenly descends and rotates (spoilers included)

100% is Disney's take on a SCOOP attraction.

To be honest, Tangled looks excellent and is my most anticipated attraction when I visit. The scenes look very pretty.

One thing I noticed from the pan attraction is the size to practical set ratio on the ride scenes that mix practical set pieces and screens is that the practical sets seemingly dwarf the size of the screen. Universal strikes a much better balance of a larger screen integrated into the sets of all of their SCOOP rides. Hopefully Disney addresses this for the Avengers E ticket at DCA.

Reactions: saint.piss