Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks! Do you happen to know if this is the case for USJ as well? Hoping to ride Flying Dinosaur and I know if that ride were in UO we would have to stash everything.
They have a very organized locker system at Universal, particularly for Flying Dinosaur. If I recall correctly, they provide you with a ticket or some such thing. There’s a similar, much less organized system, for Hollywood Dream.

Reactions: jseal777
1720513139611.png

Huge news just announced that OLC is getting into the cruise industry with Disney cruises permanently based in Japan.

The model is similar to TDR where OLC will own and operate a cruise line under license from TWDC.

The first ship is planned to be 340 meters long with 1,250 cabins accommodating approximately 4,000 guests (very similar to the Dream, Wish and Fantasy). Planning to start operation FY 2028.

Here's the full English press release

1720513139611.png

Huge news just announced that OLC is getting into the cruise industry with Disney cruises permanently based in Japan.

The model is similar to TDR where OLC will own and operate a cruise line under license from TWDC.

The first ship is planned to be 340 meters long with 1,250 cabins accommodating approximately 4,000 guests (very similar to the Dream, Wish and Fantasy). Planning to start operation FY 2028.

Here's the full English press release
I really don't know how much demand there is for 9 Disney Cruises, but best wishes to OLC.

Okay. They got me with the Black Panther doll. It's cute. And hey, it's just an overlay! I thought it was permanent when I first saw the announcement (and also... a fever dream).

I was open to this idea....but then its mostly alien characters

Anyway I'm not against them adding Marvel characters that fit...like Miss Marvel, Captain America,Black Widow....but at least from the pictures looks like GOTG as a big focus and besides Peter none live on earth so...whatever

There's a trending article in Yahoo! News Japan about the decrease in young people going to TDR. A lot of it mirrors the discussions going on about declining attendance and price increases at the American Disney parks.

The article notes that attendance among 18-39 year olds is down nearly 10% since pre-pandemic, and that attendance of guests 40+ years old is steadily increasing.

The article attributes the change in guest demographics mostly to higher ticket prices, but also the abolishment of the annual pass system and the decrease in entertainment offerings. It also notes that OLC is making record profit amid higher guest spending, even though attendance is lower than pre-pandemic.

There's a trending article in Yahoo! News Japan about the decrease in young people going to TDR. A lot of it mirrors the discussions going on about declining attendance and price increases at the American Disney parks.

The article notes that attendance among 18-39 year olds is down nearly 10% since pre-pandemic, and that attendance of guests 40+ years old is steadily increasing.

The article attributes the change in guest demographics mostly to higher ticket prices, but also the abolishment of the annual pass system and the decrease in entertainment offerings. It also notes that OLC is making record profit amid higher guest spending, even though attendance is lower than pre-pandemic.

Interesting. Does Japan have the demographic issue that USA and other western countries are facing, namely a declining birthrate, which ultimately translates into a declining youth population?....One reason all those regional USA coaster parks are facing a bleak future, since there will be less teenagers and early twentysomething coaster fans, which is the bulk of their attendance.

Interesting. Does Japan have the demographic issue that USA and other western countries are facing, namely a declining birthrate, which ultimately translates into a declining youth population?....One reason all those regional USA coaster parks are facing a bleak future, since there will be less teenagers and early twentysomething coaster fans, which is the bulk of their attendance.

It has for a while unless something changed. Japan's fertility rate was at an all-time low last year. It is just something that they haven't figure out and thus, just like the USA, England, France, and some other countries, Japan is getting older on average.

It has for a while unless something changed. Japan's fertility rate was at an all-time low last year. It is just something that they haven't figure out and thus, just like the USA, England, France, and some other countries, Japan is getting older on average.
Yeah, that's what I thought I had previously read. Theme parks need to adjust to a different demographic that will continue to trend a bit older as time goes by.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Yeah, that's what I thought I had previously read. Theme parks need to adjust to a different demographic that will continue to trend a bit older as time goes by.

This applies to many areas and I'm not as certain about Japan but the other part of that formula is that the younger generation does not have as much discretionary income. Particularly in the US and where the areas of higher birth rates are found. The parks are going to face some headwinds as the baby boomers stop attending (for lack of a better way to say it).

Reactions: Mad Dog