Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomb of the Ancients

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Tomb of the Ancients

An ancient evil has surfaced and immortal beings from the past have returned to rule mankind. It was only a matter of time until “The Ancient Ones” were unearthed. Now these makers of chaos are loose from the pits of hell—and the whole world will pay.

I think this and krampus are my most anticipated. It seems like they can both create some great atmosphere. I hope y'all are right about hadesXcatacombs, I hear they were both beautiful and intense.

Mummy much?

AH2T0912-1170x731.jpg

When I first heard about tomb I knew it would be my most anticipated. My god it's only grown, these sets look incredible and the adventure/Egyptian/jungle setting has always been my favorite. Too pumped

Being a Mythology buff, this house is pushing all the right buttons for me. An' considering A&D is really proud of this one, I think we're definitely in for a terrifying treat.

An' in the quick interview on the site it does reveal this.

"We’re all very much history buffs here. From South American, Asian and Egyptian cultures, we’ve created a world that mixes of a lot of different cultural mythologies. My favorite creature that guests will encounter is the Amut, which has the face of a crocodile with the mane and front paws of a lion."

So not only we're getting a fun melting pot of mythologies, one of the confirmed creatures is the Egyptian creature Amut. (Techically the spelling is Ammit, though it's also spelled Ammut.) Amut is essentially the "Devourer" or "Soul-Eater" in Egyptian mythology, for when you died and your heart (soul) was weighed with the feather, if it was unbalanced Amut would eat your heart/soul.

Amusingly enough, one of my friends literally drew Ammit not to long ago. So here's a visual reference. (For the house it'll probably be upper body focused with the croc head and lion mane/upper body.)

I absolutely love mythology so 2010's Hades was my most anticipated house. Then I walked through it and, found the scares to be lacking. I am trying to keep my expectations in check for this one as I may have overhyped Hades in my head. Given that this is supposedly playing on claustrophobia (which Catacombs did very successfully) I am hoping for the best.

Since the title is AncientS not Ancient, how many different creatures should we expect? Also, show scenes/victims or no?

The last thing in this house might be one of my all time favorite things at HHN. it's small but very unexpected. I really loved it a lot.

I heard this house has a guest activated trigger but I didn't get to go back and do this house again after I learned of the GAT. Supposedly, in the room where the floor shifts there are some hanging vines that stand out from the rest. I was told to look for the ones that look they are bouncing up and down and then give them a pull. It will be a few more weeks before I go back to the event, so can somebody look into this and post here?

I have heard a lot about the ending being great and 'fan service'. I don't have the chance to go this year. Can someone say what the ending is via spoiler tag? Thanks!

I heard this house has a guest activated trigger but I didn't get to go back and do this house again after I learned of the GAT. Supposedly, in the room where the floor shifts there are some hanging vines that stand out from the rest. I was told to look for the ones that look they are bouncing up and down and then give them a pull. It will be a few more weeks before I go back to the event, so can somebody look into this and post here?

That's one.

There is another...