Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomb of the Ancients

It might be timing. I think things like that re-set. I recall having a walk through of AWIL (the 2nd time it was around) when all the wolf's were dark and motionless.

I think I've only done Krampus twice, but I only got that killer bear one time.

It's a big reason I feel the need to attend HHN on multiple nights...every walk through can be so different!
It's just like any scare, they are going to wait a few moments between each time they use it. Sometimes youll see it sometimes you won't.

It was sideways Friday too. I hope it was fixed
It might be timing. I think things like that re-set. I recall having a walk through of AWIL (the 2nd time it was around) when all the wolf's were dark and motionless.

I think I've only done Krampus twice, but I only got that killer bear one time.

It's a big reason I feel the need to attend HHN on multiple nights...every walk through can be so different!

i wasnt talking about the motionless. or dark.

its when the head is completely sideways, like if something broke

Well doing that they are able to move the scare actor to a different spot. So let us know if you notice a new scare somewhere.
Yeah it's roped off on both sides so the scareactor just moves back and forth in what was the left side.

Kind of disappointing but it's just a small thing I guess.

Yeah but there use to be 2 actors for that room and I can see why they did that as the Kong tends to move with the flock and the one actor would keep coming out to nothing. As long as the rope looks in theme then I can deal with it. My friend and I would always split and usually both got the scares. Oh well.

Not sure if it's new today, but they roped off the split path.

Yeah it's roped off on both sides so the scareactor just moves back and forth in what was the left side.

Kind of disappointing but it's just a small thing I guess.

when i went to this house, every time at the cut off path people will just follow the person in front and never change paths.
so one side didnt seem to get that used.

what was funny is that friday the actor on the unused path was just using his arm to scare people instead of coming out of the boo hole lol just waiving,

Unless I've just missed it every time I've gone through the house, there is now an scare actor after crocolion.

Is it a cat lady? Because if so then that is one of the actors they moved from the split.
That person was there before they blocked off the split path. I couldn't confirm it but they could have both actors still in the split path, the one on the left is simply in what was the path on the left now.

On Friday the path wasn't roped off; I saw the opportunity and took the left side as EVERYONE was going right.. my brother who was right behind me looked at me like I was crazy and followed everyone down the right side.

On Saturday night I went to do the same thing and didn't notice the rope until I felt it was holding me back.. felt pretty stupid lol

Is it a cat lady? Because if so then that is one of the actors they moved from the split.
Both actors are still in the room.

No, I believe it was one of the bird mask people. Either way, it scared the hell out of me and the security posted at the exit laughed. Lol.

Last edited:
Every single time there's a split path (that's not a wheelchair path or has a gate that the scareactor moves), one side is used by 99% of people while the other is ignored. And every time, by the third week, they just block one path off and move the scare.

This has happened numerous times for the last 15 years. I appreciate A&D still trying to make stuff like this work, but until they can pulse the line it never will. It's a waste of resources.

Every single time there's a split path (that's not a wheelchair path or has a gate that the scareactor moves), one side is used by 99% of people while the other is ignored. And every time, by the third week, they just block one path off and move the scare.

This has happened numerous times for the last 15 years. I appreciate A&D still trying to make stuff like this work, but until they can pulse the line it never will. It's a waste of resources.
If only they truly did a "pick your path" house

I just noticed the guest triggers have been removed.

This is my favorite house and it's so sad that so many little things have been taken out.

I just noticed the guest triggers have been removed.

This is my favorite house and it's so sad that so many little things have been taken out.

That's strange. We did the UTH tour in there yesterday, and they rope was still there, but it was hanging up top. I wonder if they moved it for some reason, and forgot to put it back down.

It looked like everything was still connected