What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tower of Terror

This is interesting re the ride mechanics / safety - 1.2milion views in a week!

Since they're already putting GotG in Epcot, what the heck would they replace TZToT with if they need to? Alien would be about the one Disney IP I could stomach replacing TZToT.

My primary stipulation, if the Twilight Zone theme has to leave at some point, would be that it remains a haunted/spooky Hollywood hotel.

I think there's a Doctor Strange take on that general concept that could probably work. He's the character best suited to be involved in overtly supernatural stuff.

My primary stipulation, if the Twilight Zone theme has to leave at some point, would be that it remains a haunted/spooky Hollywood hotel.

I think there's a Doctor Strange take on that general concept that could probably work. He's the character best suited to be involved in overtly supernatural stuff.
I’d prefer Strange get a purpose built ride if they end up using him.

Epcot is the marvel park.
And EPCOT Center was the edutainment park until it wasn’t.

While i’m sure they want to make Epcot the Marvel park right now, I wouldn’t hold them to it long term.

Only way Epcot fully embraces being the Marvel park is if Wakanda is announced this D23, which I hope doesn’t actually happen. If they go through this D23 and nothing is announced, I think Marvel is up for grabs anywhere.

So now that galaxies edge is open I wanted to ask all of you a few questions. From my understanding TOT and RnR are the only 3rd party IP rides in WDW. We know these attractions don’t line up with modern Disney. Disney wants Disney rides that promote Disney movies and nothing else. If Disney had the Marvel rides this land would of been replaced years ago. I could already see it. RnR becomes an Iron Man attraction and TOT becomes avengers Tower. But, as of now that can’t happen because of Uni. There have been rumors of Disney building a Monster Inc land. Do you think this rumor still holds water? They have the space to build it next to TSL and above RnR. How long does Sunset Boulevard really have? I know Disney has a bunch of projects on there table. But, this section just seems out of place with the current Disney mindset(sadly). I’ve never cared for RnR but losing TOT would be a great loss for this park. It’s DHS version of the Haunted Mansion. Would you guys be in favor for a Doctor Strange retheme? Let me know below.

So now that galaxies edge is open I wanted to ask all of you a few questions. From my understanding TOT and RnR are the only 3rd party IP rides in WDW. We know these attractions don’t line up with modern Disney. Disney wants Disney rides that promote Disney movies and nothing else. If Disney had the Marvel rides this land would of been replaced years ago. I could already see it. RnR becomes an Iron Man attraction and TOT becomes avengers Tower. But, as of now that can’t happen because of Uni. There have been rumors of Disney building a Monster Inc land. Do you think this rumor still holds water? They have the space to build it next to TSL and above RnR. How long does Sunset Boulevard really have? I know Disney has a bunch of projects on there table. But, this section just seems out of place with the current Disney mindset(sadly). I’ve never cared for RnR but losing TOT would be a great loss for this park. It’s DHS version of the Haunted Mansion. Would you guys be in favor for a Doctor Strange retheme? Let me know below.

I don’t want anything about ToT to change. I enjoy the classic creepy feel of the Twilight Zone and believe the thrill of the attraction makes up for the lack of IP presence for the younger patrons. Its story and theme adds so much to the attraction.

Riding GotG:MB recently made me realize how special DHS’ ToT is. I’d rather see them demolish ToT than retheme it with an overlay. I was honestly excited to experience MB until I actually did...woof, what I disappointment for me.

IT wouldn't surprise me if RNRC would get a Cars make-over. Not sure if the show next door sells a lot of merch but an actual ride would do the trick. Only problem is that the coaster isn't a family ride and that would exclude Monster Inc too. Maybe Antman and the Wasp?
ToT is a modern classic, I hope it will stay as is.

IT wouldn't surprise me if RNRC would get a Cars make-over. Not sure if the show next door sells a lot of merch but an actual ride would do the trick. Only problem is that the coaster isn't a family ride and that would exclude Monster Inc too. Maybe Antman and the Wasp?
There's plenty of room for Monsters if they want to do that. There's a lot of backstage land that could be shifted for a new land.

Unfortunately, due to the Marvel contract with Uni they can’t add Ant-Man to WDW.

The thing is Disney is all about making lands now. I just don’t see them replacing RnRC without touching Tower. I think that entire section of the park is doomed.
Looks at the Fantasmic! theater/BatB area... they could EASILY fit a land in that area. And by Chapek logic, Fantasmic isn't needed anymore since they have nightly fireworks at DHS now.

Unfortunately, due to the Marvel contract with Uni they can’t add Ant-Man to WDW.
With how Disney has handled Marvel so far, i'd consider that a fortunate thing.

Looks at the Fantasmic! theater/BatB area... they could EASILY fit a land in that area. And by Chapek logic, Fantasmic isn't needed anymore since they have nightly fireworks at DHS now.

With how Disney has handled Marvel so far, i'd consider that a fortunate thing.
When it comes to Marvel it’s a good and a bad. Why do I say this? I feel like Uni doesn’t care about the brand. There just holding it so Disney can’t use it against them. Which is smart. But at the same time there not doing anything new with Marvel. No new rides or attractions. Just updated versions of there previous rides. That’s a huge bummer. So that’s the bad. The good is this. Spider-Man and Hulk are some of the greatest attractions ever made. This is me being totally biased(look at my username) but Spider-man is the greatest theme park attraction ever built. Disney will never be able to touch it. Disney’s version of Spider-man is doomed to fail in comparison.

There's plenty of room for Monsters if they want to do that. There's a lot of backstage land that could be shifted for a new land.
I was talking about a reskin for RNRC. Sure there is enough space for a new land, no argue there.

I thought Ant-man wasn't featured in Universal, like Guardians. But I stand corrected.

I thought Ant-man wasn't featured in Universal, like Guardians. But I stand corrected.[/QUOTE]

Ant man and the Wasp appear in all the promotional posters for IOA and appears in some artwork in some of the restaurants. So unfortunately there stuck with Uni. Same goes for Black Panther.

Tower is basically an icon for Disney parks, along with the likes of Splash, Small World, Thunder and Pirates - at least on the Eastern coast. Retheming it would be a huge mistake, and I'd hope that they know that. The theming of RnR is a bit more pliable - as much as I enjoy it in its current form.