Transformers: The Ride 3D - Time for a Replacement? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride 3D - Time for a Replacement?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing for sure is that they will not demolish this relatively new building. A building that probably cost at least $100 million to construct. It will probably get a reskin to another IP before the end of the decade but I think Transformers will be safe for at least several years more.

I think the IP is still going relatively strong.
A new movie is set to release in 2023 (Rise of the Beasts). I still see people line up to take pictures with Megatron and Optimus.
It's a nice IP that appeals to teens and families. I still think upgrading the attraction is the right way to go. Being that SNW is opening soon, and his ride sometimes builds decent lines, it could be a way to that comes to fruition, however.
Depending on how the new Transformers movie does, I think that will mostly influence the fate of TF. If the movie does well, I could see Universal doing an upgrade on this attraction. It probably won't be Jurassic World quality but retheming it to put more classic TF lore, cyber-tron, etc, would breathe some new life into it.

They could easily get another 10 years out of this attraction if they were to go the JW route and improve the mechanics of the ride, add animatronics, more effects, etc.
When people see Transformers, you get that idea that it's going to action-packed. Improving the technology is definitely the way to go.

I think the IP is still going relatively strong.
A new movie is set to release in 2023 (Rise of the Beasts). I still see people line up to take pictures with Megatron and Optimus.
It's a nice IP that appeals to teens and families. I still think upgrading the attraction is the right way to go. Being that SNW is opening soon, and his ride sometimes builds decent lines, it could be a way to that comes to fruition, however.
Depending on how the new Transformers movie does, I think that will mostly influence the fate of TF. If the movie does well, I could see Universal doing an upgrade on this attraction. It probably won't be Jurassic World quality but retheming it to put more classic TF lore, cyber-tron, etc, would breathe some new life into it.

They could easily get another 10 years out of this attraction if they were to go the JW route and improve the mechanics of the ride, add animatronics, more effects, etc.
When people see Transformers, you get that idea that it's going to action-packed. Improving the technology is definitely the way to go.

Hollywood feels like the one that would be more beneficial to having a renovation period take over compared to all of the others.

While I don't think it's even possible for AA's to be added due to structural design, if Rise of The Beasts is successful; I genuinely wouldn't mind if they renovated our version to have updated visuals and a story where you could bring actors from that film to be able to promote it with the various new Terrorcons, Maximals, and Predacons.

With Japan's Spiderman ride now heavily rumored to close in 2024 for the Pokemon retheme (there was a job posting for Universal Creative on a position that would start in Orlando and then move to Osaka) I am also wondering if Universal could create a modified two level version of that attraction as an overlay for USH's Transformers. They could also do the same overlay at USF since the KZ Pokemon rumors are now dead thanks to Dreamworks taking over the area. Unless they decide to give Pokemon it's own land at either IOA or EU.

Reactions: joerodriguez
I mean who knows what they have planned but per the SNW thread they seem to be making hand over fist money....so I hope they are pushing for DK and Pokemon here within the next 6 years

Reactions: joerodriguez
I mean who knows what they have planned but per the SNW thread they seem to be making hand over fist money....so I hope they are pushing for DK and Pokemon here within the next 6 years
'tindo land definitely seems to racking in the big bucks. To make TF an expansion of 'tindo would require a decent chunk of change, you'd have to retheme the surrounding area as well.
Ninendo and the Pokemon Company don't seem like the type that would let Universal get away with a tacked-on expansion. Expanding Nintendo that far along also might effectively turn the land into the "Nintendo area" and Jurassic World.
The ride system of TF, I'm also not sure how well that could lend it's self to Pokemon and we'd likely be looking at a demo they also don't want to create a bottle-neck for foot traffic to 'tindo land.

We're going into blue-sky territory but I'd REALLY like to see them go all-in with TF and create some sort of randomized branching story-line sort of like Star Tours where you see randomized Decepticons, a couple variations on locale to fight in, maybe some other small variations. The ending could have a couple variations as well maybe it's Optimus sometimes that greets you at the end, maybe Bumblebee, etc, etc... We have the technology today where we can render these types of visuals in real-time and Universal would be able to have it completely randomized without rendering 100 different ride videos.

Sadly, I doubt they'd go this far with it, it'll probably stay relatively the same.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Freak
Lets just stop trying to replace Transformers.

I'm not a huge Transformers fan but I like the ride and it delivers a different IP and experience that the park would be lacking without - not to mention it kickstarted the golden period USH is currently going through.

Donkey Kong Expansion is enough Nintendo.

Lets just stop trying to replace Transformers.

I'm not a huge Transformers fan but I like the ride and it delivers a different IP and experience that the park would be lacking without - not to mention it kickstarted the golden period USH is currently going through.

Donkey Kong Expansion is enough Nintendo.
Honestly why are you against them going for IP's People REALLY care about?

Pokemon merch will fly off the shelves while Transformers is kinda just there, its not a bad ride but could the area be used better? 100 Percent and if there is a Bigger IP then Pokemon please throw it out there and I'm sure others would agree with you over offering nothing and keeping a ten year old ride, just because

Transformers as a franchise is still a massive draw. Not every ride is meant to sell loads of merch. This serves as good capacity right now especially for where it is. I don’t think this goes anywhere for awhile, especially with the next set of films set to release this summer.

Honestly why are you against them going for IP's People REALLY care about?

Pokemon merch will fly off the shelves while Transformers is kinda just there, its not a bad ride but could the area be used better? 100 Percent and if there is a Bigger IP then Pokemon please throw it out there and I'm sure others would agree with you over offering nothing and keeping a ten year old ride, just because

Honestly why can you not understand the concept of variety?

Here we go again with the make the whole park Nintendo stuff, enough already dude.

Here we go again with the make the whole park Nintendo stuff, enough already dude.
I mean it's a no-brainer to pick pokemon over transformers imo, I'm saying that as a fan of both IPs. I agree the park shouldn't become overrun with Nintendo (Mario,DK and Pokemon should be enough) but Pokemon is way too big of property to be skipped out on

Pokémon is nothing like Mario besides both being under Nintendo
They are very different one is literally a catching RPG the other is a platformer

So besides them both being Nintendo your argument doesn’t really have much.

if fans want it more, if fans are willing to flood the parks and spend money and the attractions aren’t bad then I see little to no reason to not follow the money

unlike Disneyland this park has always been IP based

I mean it's a no-brainer to pick pokemon over transformers imo, I'm saying that as a fan of both IPs. I agree the park shouldn't become overrun with Nintendo (Mario,DK and Pokemon should be enough) but Pokemon is way too big of property to be skipped out on

Whatever my views about not oversaturating USH with Nintendo we need to stop trying to replace existing attractions. Argue for a new build Pokemon ride yes, but replacing old attractions as the only possible way of getting a new IP in is not the way to go IMO.

More Attractions - More Variety

Pokémon is nothing like Mario besides both being under Nintendo
They are very different one is literally a catching RPG the other is a platformer

So besides them both being Nintendo your argument doesn’t really have much.

if fans want it more, if fans are willing to flood the parks and spend money and the attractions aren’t bad then I see little to no reason to not follow the money

unlike Disneyland this park has always been IP based

Do you just have all these Nintendo posts saved somewhere so you can post them over and over again?

To the GP it's all Nintendo.

If Universal had followed your 'logic' then we currently would have a 100% Wizarding World based USH. Luckily they didn't, they followed common sense instead.

Do you just have all these Nintendo posts saved somewhere so you can post them over and over again?

To the GP it's all Nintendo.

If Universal had followed your 'logic' then we currently would have a 100% Wizarding World based USH. Luckily they didn't, they followed common sense instead.
Its not the same at all

Harry Potter is all in one timeline and Universe

Zelda is in Hyrule and has nothing to do with Bowser and the Mushroom Kingdom.
Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Pokemon, Star Fox, Kirby are the same as well. While they have cross over in Super Smash they are each their own IP with their own locations, characters, music and types of gameplay.

Also Universal is making Nintendo films so they companies are linked unlike Potter which WB made all the films and games. So apples to oranges comparing Nintendo to Harry Potter.

Its not the same at all

Harry Potter is all in one timeline and Universe

Zelda is in Hyrule and has nothing to do with Bowser and the Mushroom Kingdom.
Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Pokemon, Star Fox, Kirby are the same as well. While they have cross over in Super Smash they are each their own IP with their own locations, characters, music and types of gameplay.

Also Universal is making Nintendo films so they companies are linked unlike Potter which WB made all the films and games. So apples to oranges comparing Nintendo to Harry Potter.

I'm done.