Transformers: The Ride 3D - Time for a Replacement? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride 3D - Time for a Replacement?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:thud: :thud: :thud: :deadhorse:
No you can't just make things up

Nintendo is a brand, like Disney

Zelda is an IP like Zootopia, Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, etc

Meaning you can make as many lands as you want under the Nintendo umbrella and they aren't the same thing.

Your the one avoiding the conversation by just saying "your not getting it" when your the one making things up

They can
Don't go accusing me of making things up. Conversation over.
They can be overzealous about Nintendo but they are right. Nintendo is a brand like Disney or DreamWorks and equating it to Potter is false equivalence since that a singular franchise/series. I understand your point about wanting to keep a diverse selection of IPs in Hollywood and Transformers staying is totally possible but considering pokemon is one of the biggest media franchise in the world, Hollywood will probably want it in their park somewhere. Anymore Nintendo after that would be a bit much even though Zelda is my favorite franchise

To me it’s just not realistic to replace everything with Nintendo. Comcast owns a lot of different stuff, and don’t own Nintendo. We naturally will get contracted Nintendo work that Nintendo is approving itself, so not every decision is made internally.

For now, we are going to move on from the "Transformers should be rethemed to a Nintendo property" conversation.

To me it’s just not realistic to replace everything with Nintendo. Comcast owns a lot of different stuff, and don’t own Nintendo. We naturally will get contracted Nintendo work that Nintendo is approving itself, so not every decision is made internally.
I'm not even pushing for that but if Pokemon is replacing Spiderman in Japan (RIP a great ride) then it only makes sense to bring it to the west. The thing is behind the Transformers ride has room for a land plus make this ride into Pokemon and its a pretty big win.

Pokemon is on the top selling games list every year and cards and Pokemon Go are HUGE still. So to me it makes sense

For now, we are going to move on from the "Transformers should be rethemed to a Nintendo property" conversation.
So in the simpsons land, and other rumored area's around USH are we only allowed to talk about speculation if its Potter or Universal IP's?

I'm not even pushing for that but if Pokemon is replacing Spiderman in Japan (RIP a great ride) then it only makes sense to bring it to the west. The thing is behind the Transformers ride has room for a land plus make this ride into Pokemon and its a pretty big win.

Pokemon is on the top selling games list every year and cards and Pokemon Go are HUGE still. So to me it makes sense

See my last post. We are tabling this for now.

Someone grab me a fan, it got REAL sweaty in here.
200-19.gif

A theory or suggestion I have is that depending on what IP they go with for when they expand the lower lot into soundstages 16-24 is the land can get the more modern next generation SCOOP ride system used on USB Transformers and MMOM at EU allowing Transformers to be demoed for either another standalone ride or become part of the new land.

Reactions: joerodriguez

Someone is claiming that Transformers will be closing in the next couple of years and will allegedly be replaced with a "Nintendo expansion".

What do you y'all think of this? The video quality on Transformers has aged poorly. You think this will be given an overlay soon? If it got replaced with something with more practical effects involved, I wouldn't be mad.

Reactions: saint.piss

Someone is claiming that Transformers will be closing in the next couple of years and will allegedly be replaced with a "Nintendo expansion".

What do you y'all think of this? The video quality on Transformers has aged poorly. You think this will be given an overlay soon? If it got replaced with something with more practical effects involved, I wouldn't be mad.

If they go for more practical effects for this Transformers replacement I can see them ditching the outgoing SCOOP ride vehicles for the more modern ones on that USB JW ride if they want to keep it a SCOOP ride

Leave my giant Grey box of doom alone! :mad: I didn't rack up 100+ rides on it (on both coasts) for nothing! (yes I kept track :lol:)

The screens are fine, it's the projectors that need proper maintenance (maybe an upgrade?), its the unavoidable nature of screen-based rides. I love the ride for what it is (and because I can quote the Spiderman ride while riding it too lol). And of course the A/C feels amazing on those hot SoCal days!!

I'd rather NOT see Nintendo be a replacement for it. Transformers has a lot of pull & the movies do well. I do wish they'd add another meet-n-greet character or two (*cough-EVAC & Starscream/maybe RC-cough*)

When I worked at the park & got the opportunity to roam the N.E.S.T. facilities, my internal geek was fanboying over the fact that it looked/felt like "Stargate Command". So if there was ever an IP I'd want, it would be that! I don't care if it's a "dead" franchise lol

Yea, animatronic filled ride would be cool too... but I'd rather not see the Lower Lot become Jurassic Nintendo.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Leave my giant Grey box of doom alone! :mad: I didn't rack up 100+ rides on it (on both coasts) for nothing! (yes I kept track :lol:)

The screens are fine, it's the projectors that need proper maintenance (maybe an upgrade?), its the unavoidable nature of screen-based rides. I love the ride for what it is (and because I can quote the Spiderman ride while riding it too lol). And of course the A/C feels amazing on those hot SoCal days!!

I'd rather NOT see Nintendo be a replacement for it. Transformers has a lot of pull & the movies do well. I do wish they'd add another meet-n-greet character or two (*cough-EVAC & Starscream/maybe RC-cough*)

When I worked at the park & got the opportunity to roam the N.E.S.T. facilities, my internal geek was fanboying over the fact that it looked/felt like "Stargate Command". So if there was ever an IP I'd want, it would be that! I don't care if it's a "dead" franchise lol

Yea, animatronic filled ride would be cool too... but I'd rather not see the Lower Lot become Jurassic Nintendo.
Another option for an Nintendo expansion is that instead of taking over Transformers maybe they could clone that rumored Luigi's mansion ride expansion slated for EU's SNW for that spot behind the land that was originally believed to have been for DK.

Bear in mind, Alicia did imply that not all of this post was true. It's possible that Transformers is leaving but for another IP or Transformers is staying put.

I have a hard time believing they're going to tear down Transformers as the building isn't that old for theme park standards. I personally think the most logical idea for an overlay would be a modified version of the Jurassic World ride Bejing has.

I know this won't be popular, but I can actually picture a modified version of Bejing's ride for Transformers. I looked at the layout of Transformers I think there is some spare room on the upper right hand corner of the second floor. They could probably expand the track to include the charing I-Rex gag. There isn't as much vertical room to work with so that could be a challenge. They can exclude the giant stand off with the I-Rex and T-Rex as we already have that scene on the River Adventure lol

Personally, I think this would make sense as it would make the rest of the area on the lower lot more cohesive, and we would actually have a full Jurassic World land on the lower lot.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Dammit... now I want Panda Express & they're closed at this hour. Grrrrrr
They can exclude the giant stand off with the I-Rex and T-Rex as we already have that scene on the River Adventure lol
Do we though? Do we really? Beijing's ride does it correctly, ours is just... there. No real sense of danger except for the T-Rex warning us about getting wet as we drop out of the building :p

Personally, I think this would make sense as it would make the rest of the area on the lower lot more cohesive, and we would actually have a full Jurassic World land on the lower lol
Don't you try to appeal to my dino loving fanboy heart like that. I'm still bitter over how JWRA turned out. Unfortunately, I don't think we'd get a version of Beijing's ride since they'd just claim it's the same ride only on land. However, if they were to use a Carnotaurus & the IndoRaptor, then my interest is at full attention lol

I'd rather them us none theme park space first because...the parks are crowded as is and we really need like 3+ more attractions to soak up the really busy days

But outside of that I'm fine either way, I don't love the ride but I do enjoy it for what it is and many people go on it...but also not going to cry if it leaves

Reactions: Jamesh22