Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ yeah. The sound system is INTENSE so i think they're working things out.

One lame excuse i didn't like that Universal gave regarding the lack of animatronics was that it was to keep the ride consistent with screens and that animatronics wouldn't be as fluid as video. First off, with proper animatronics, it's completely possible, especially with todays technology! Second, i remember when they first announced it, they also mentioned they were working with NASA to create the animatronics/robotics. So obviously it was and is possible, they just cheaped out. Still a phenomenal ride, i just would've loved to see more physical sets and especially animatronics!

Also, anyone else not impressed with the explosion/heat effect from Megatron? I mean, yeah, we get some heat and smoke, but I'm really disappointed the building didn't get a fire license and didn't use real fire for that effect like Spiderman did.

Yeah that heat effect from megatron really is cheap. All the times I've been on the ride and it gets to that part I actually here some people say "what was that"

I have seen it first hand here in Orlando before and after the surrounding walls went up and from what I was informed from one of the park staff (not a reliably valid source) the ride track is 2 floors. From what I've seen it looks that way. When they were building there were distinct floors seperated by a concrete foundation. The facade is ok but the overall building is much more massive in person than the perception of the pictures. Also to add the building sticks out like a sore thumb, not impressed with their ability to blend it in to the park
Not sure why they picked purple, but I see what you mean.

Does the building seem larger in comparison to Hollywood?

^ Wait, what's purple?

And from pics, yeah, it seems bigger! But i think it's also because they can actually see the building from every side clearly. We can see it properly from the front and from up top on the starway

The building is quite large and deffinately seems bigger than Hollywoods. You can see it anywhere in the park but Universal Fl is a mess right now between the potter expansion and TF the atmosphere feels more like a construction zone

I think Hollywood's and Singapore's TF ride didn't have fire is maybe because of the 2008 backlot fire, not sure. 

^ i doubt it's cuz of that, Jaws still has fire, and before then we had Backdraft. I think Mummy and Transformers not having real fire has to do with stricter fire codes and licenses in California, as well as budget.

Reactions: Jon Fu
I think Hollywood's and Singapore's TF ride didn't have fire is maybe because of the 2008 backlot fire, not sure. 
Singapore wouldn't be touched by the backlot fire...and Hollywood has been limiting fire effects ever since Revenge of the Mummy opened in 2004.

Allen, I saw your Transformers pictures. How did the quality of the screens look? I've heard that Singapore's setup is a bit janky (uneven paint, etc), so I'm wondering if Hollywood is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual physical screens? Uh, good i guess! Haha no issues that i can see, they looked very smooth and you could tell they're brand new screens. Looked totally fine. Kinda odd though, going from such good clear 3D with depth to seeing that screen REALLY close to you. What was more fascinating to me was all the gadgets in there like the projector, elevator workings etc.

When our ride first opened it left me wanting that Military Feel. But after seeing Orlandos version i must say i love our unique facade. Our building is obviously viewed mostly throught the front and that why we got a Mural. The NEST building in Orlando  makes the rest of the attractions around it looks misplaced.

I like that they're putting some effort into Orlando's facade, but I think they've overdone it. I'm thinking it'll get better with age, but it does stick out horribly.

Can't wait to see what their entrance looks like though. I think that'll blow away our mural.

I really like their exterior, it's cool! Would've been nice if one of the sides had a NY facade. Actually i have a cooler idea for their facade but that's for a different time.

What i HATE about our facade is that the entrance/mural isn't centered. The mural doesn't cover the entire wall that faces us. The left side is blank and it really annoys me that it's blank....you guys know what im talking about.

Not sure, but probably a little smaller.
I hope not. Singapore's figure isn't exactly big in my opinion. I'd picture Bumblebee to be a tad bit bigger in real life - but he's apparently one of the smaller Autobots within the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a photo for the exit of TF In Florida. It is where the NEST Sign is, it is concrete, and will be blown up when the ride opens!
419230_438105176275413_1797250668_n.jpg

So now, this is the very first TF ride to exit out to the gift shop.