Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Honestly, I agree with a few people here that the Simpsons ride is already outdated by nine years, especially the projections is still used with early 2000s technology. In addition, the Simpson TV show isn't just as funny today as I used to in the 1990s and early to mid 2000s. Unfortunately, they just expand the Simpsons land with Moe's Tavern a few years ago so it's hard to justify removing it.
I think the Simpsons is only really cherished for a certain age group now (those who were around up to Season 10!). A few of my mates still use quotes, in everyday life, but it's not transferred to the younger audiences.

That part of the park is great for grabbing a beer, and maybe a burger, but that's about it!

The last time I went on The Simpsons I had to keep rubbing my eyes because it looked really blurry. Transformers is a little bit better but the age is showing compared to newer rides like Forbidden Journey.

I think the Simpsons is only really cherished for a certain age group now (those who were around up to Season 10!). A few of my mates still use quotes, in everyday life, but it's not transferred to the younger audiences.

That part of the park is great for grabbing a beer, and maybe a burger, but that's about it!

Yeah, but as this rate, it's just stopped being funny and irrelevant. I grew up in the 1990s watching the Simpsons A LOT. The humor with Homer and his family was just crash and simple and providing something that no mainstream cartoons can do. Nowadays, they basically end up having two options - either do the same jokes that have been done before, or start making the characters zanier and zanier so you can create new antics for them to get into. And it's just gets repetitive. Adam Sandler's jokes doesn't fly well with 2010s standards anymore, and I'm afraid Simpsons is heading towards this way.

However, Moe Tavern is a really great place to rest for the day and watch some reels of the Simpson cartoons.

The last time I went on The Simpsons I had to keep rubbing my eyes because it looked really blurry. Transformers is a little bit better but the age is showing compared to newer rides like Forbidden Journey.

And it's funny though, considering the Amazing Spider-Man ride is relevant even though it's based on the 1990s cartoon show, especially with the popularity of Marvel movies these days. I really wish the Spider-Man attraction comes to Los Angeles instead of the mostly all screen Transformer attraction in which no one gives a hoot about. It would be nice to ride with the web-slinger especially around Halloween Horror Nights.

This got me wondering if the Transformers rights expire & with the Transformers reboot by Hasbro would Universal renew the contract of using Transformers or replace it with Pacific Rim using the same ride engine?

This got me wondering if the Transformers rights expire & with the Transformers reboot by Hasbro would Universal renew the contract of using Transformers or replace it with Pacific Rim using the same ride engine?

I would assume any contract would be crossing with Paramount and not just Hasbro/Allspark Pictures with extensions as a plausibility for the Tansformers IP.

Not to mention, it seems they still have desire to use Transformers, see Universal Spectacle from Osaka.

Edit: and to also say, I don't think we should be taking PR seriously, and that I'm actually not going to be shocked if it's a bomb.

Last edited:
I would assume any contract would be crossing with Paramount and not just Hasbro/Allspark Pictures with extensions as a plausibility for the Tansformers IP.

Not to mention, it seems they still have desire to use Transformers, see Universal Spectacle from Osaka.

Edit: and to also say, I don't think we should be taking PR seriously, and that I'm actually not going to be shocked if it's a bomb.

The deal was actually between Dreamworks and Universal and Hasbro Toy division not Hasbro Studios as it came in 2007 before Allspark Pictures, Paramount, etc became producers in the project.

As much as I love the ride, I hate the laziness of the building façade. It just looks like one giant billboard poster slapped onto a random building, I wish a little bit more work went into the exterior look then just some half-assed mess.

What was the original concept/idea for the Transformers building? I know the mural wasn't the original plan.

Controversial I know, but I kind of like the mural more than what Orlando got (the exception being the Giant Optimus Prime)

Getting back on topic, they wouldn’t just redesign the characters. That’s a very long and expensive process. The ride is already one of the most popular rides in Universal. Unless they upgrade the projection tech, there’s no need for anymore changes.
The thing that should also be considered is that this is not a Universal IP. So might Hasbro want the change to happen? If Beijing's ride film is changed to reflect the BumbleBee film's look then the hard part is done and it is just a matter of porting this over to the other parks.

The thing that should also be considered is that this is not a Universal IP. So might Hasbro want the change to happen? If Beijing's ride film is changed to reflect the BumbleBee film's look then the hard part is done and it is just a matter of porting this over to the other parks.

Depends on a lot of things:
1) The original Transformers ride contract - did it include anything about updating the ride to match future films
2) The cost - unlikely to boost visitor numbers so no real cost benefit
3) When the Transformers the ride contract is up, could form part of any renegotiations

I doubt the actual film/ride will be different in Beijing. It just doesn't need it to be a hit with the GP.