Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

200.gif

So this ride is gonna stay for a long time, huh?

With all of the other rides coming in and how much screen tech has advanced free a decade, this is probably the most outdated looking ride in the park imo. It needs a tech update or a full replace.

I'd prefer a tech upgrade.
I like Transformers, I think it fills a gap in the attraction lineup.

It’s a good ride but I’d take DK or New ride over it.

I like it but don’t feel attached to it like I do mummy and Jurassic

It has definitely became outdated quickly.
That's sadly the nature of screen-based rides. It'd be wise for Universal to do a quick refresh of Transformers before Super Nintendo opens.
In a blue sky world, it'd be nice if they added some new scenes, perhaps randomized. Maybe we could see some other deceptions in place of Starscream, additional Autobots, other scenarios...
Instead of fighting on top of a sky scraper, maybe we fight in a junkyard at night, a factory, etc, etc... The NEST building is generic enough to accommodate a variety of environments.

Realistically, I think we're just getting a new coat of paint as the mural has become quite faded over the years.
MAYBE some new projection effects if they did anything extra. I remember the "explosion" effect being kind of dim.

It has definitely became outdated quickly.
That's sadly the nature of screen-based rides. It'd be wise for Universal to do a quick refresh of Transformers before Super Nintendo opens.
In a blue sky world, it'd be nice if they added some new scenes, perhaps randomized. Maybe we could see some other deceptions in place of Starscream, additional Autobots, other scenarios...
Instead of fighting on top of a sky scraper, maybe we fight in a junkyard at night, a factory, etc, etc... The NEST building is generic enough to accommodate a variety of environments.

Realistically, I think we're just getting a new coat of paint as the mural has become quite faded over the years.
MAYBE some new projection effects if they did anything extra. I remember the "explosion" effect being kind of dim.
I mean Spiderman is still loved and yes I know it got updated but still was loved before that

I think its mainly the source. Transformers movies were soooo 2007 and this ride is basically an Ad for those films. But I agree that I doubt the ride is getting more then paint

I mean Spiderman is still loved and yes I know it got updated but still was loved before that

I think its mainly the source. Transformers movies were soooo 2007 and this ride is basically an Ad for those films. But I agree that I doubt the ride is getting more then paint
They just go full blown “this ride is a time capsule from 2007” and play Linkin Park’s
“What I’ve Done” at the entrance.

Man I miss 2007. What a simpler time. The glory days of YouTube.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... I enjoy the ride. I just think it really just represents a different era of Universal. The feel of the ride didn't age well. I think they could keep the modern look of the bots but just update the technology. Add in some variety to the missions to really make it feel like NEST is a real working facility. Different bots and some randomized scenarios like in Star Tours would go a long way and really make it feel like you are fighting alongside the Autobots.

Is all the footage not in 4K?
I know the first 2 screens look better than the others but I thought it was because thier front vs. Rear projected

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... I enjoy the ride. I just think it really just represents a different era of Universal. The feel of the ride didn't age well. I think they could keep the modern look of the bots but just update the technology. Add in some variety to the missions to really make it feel like NEST is a real working facility. Different bots and some randomized scenarios like in Star Tours would go a long way and really make it feel like you are fighting alongside the Autobots.

Is all the footage not in 4K?
I know the first 2 screens look better than the others but I thought it was because thier front vs. Rear projected

My understanding is it never got the full upgrade Orlando opened with, and my visits to both seem to corroborate that… but I could be wrong, and Hollywood’s projectors are just not as well maintained.

They just go full blown “this ride is a time capsule from 2007” and play Linkin Park’s
“What I’ve Done” at the entrance.

Man I miss 2007. What a simpler time. The glory days of YouTube.
Whenever this ride does close...they need to play that song on the last day as the ride ends/you are exiting

Just had to be done

Whenever this ride does close...they need to play that song on the last day as the ride ends/you are exiting

Just had to be done
Yeah a bit disappointed it only plays The Autobots Theme now. It used to alternate but definitely would be nice to hear The Touch or What I've Done

Not sure if this is the proper place to talk about this since it's themed to the ride, but is it only me or have the talking Transformers (Optimus and Megatron) stopped talking entirely? The last times I've seen them including today, they just don't seem to talk anymore.

I don't know if it's technical difficulties or no, but I really hope it's not a permanent change. The interactivity really helped them stand out as a mix between face and masked characters, especially Megatron and how he could roast people. :(

Not sure if this is the proper place to talk about this since it's themed to the ride, but is it only me or have the talking Transformers (Optimus and Megatron) stopped talking entirely? The last times I've seen them including today, they just don't seem to talk anymore.

I don't know if it's technical difficulties or no, but I really hope it's not a permanent change. The interactivity really helped them stand out as a mix between face and masked characters, especially Megatron and how he could roast people. :(
Ride broke down yesterday and audio was messed up the rest of the ride. So could still be having issues and hopefully not a change

Ride broke down yesterday and audio was messed up the rest of the ride. So could still be having issues and hopefully not a change

They were still talking when I saw them in December, so I assume it's a scheduling or technical issue.